IGNORED

Colin Sextone

Riaz

Just got back and my god, it was boring and so drawn out....

But I'd like mention Colin Sextone. I know he's not liked, but his speech was awesome and stood out.

By far the best speaker and spoke with genuine passion and really got his point accross.

I cant speak highlt enough of him...

Oh and well done to dolls - you did a fine job!

UP THE CITY

Just got back and my god, it was boring and so drawn out....

But I'd like mention Colin Sextone. I know he's not liked, but his speech was awesome and stood out.

By far the best speaker and spoke with genuine passion and really got his point accross.

I cant speak highlt enough of him...

Oh and well done to dolls - you did a fine job!

UP THE CITY

He was brilliant.

I sat through the whole turgid affair as well - but it was worth it to hear CS (not been a fan in the past, but I am now), Dolly and Miles.

Oh, and a few councillors were comedy which relieved the boredom a bit.

But that younger one with the glasses was totally thick - he obviously hadn't read all the documentation and was winging it all night, the woman in the glasses didn't know the difference between outline and full permission despite being on a planning committee and even asked if the hotel and retail could be separated from the stadium application. The woman with the wild hair liked the sound of her own voice but actually had naff all of any relevance to say, and the red head was just plain pedantic. The old bird looked out of it but was actually on the ball, and the rest of them were ok, with special mention to councillor Bees (?) who talked plain common sense.

The right result in the end, but if Bees and the big fella wasn't there it could have gone horribly wrong, especially with the very weak chairing of the committee.

God help Bristol with incompetents like that having a say in the development of the city, it beggars belief.

Tell me about it. Why would city build a hotel etc, without a stadium???????????????????

CS was excellent, thought Miles did very very well also.

The question about the hotel and leisure facilities going ahead without the stadium didn't go down too well! the councillor even said as much. She made herself look a bit stupid there..

The ginger wild hair woman, is she Redland councillor? god help me!!!

The young councillor was a nightmare, liberal democrat?

Yes very well done Colin..........must be a nice feeling to see a lot of hard work be worthwhile and also nice to see some of his detractors on here being big enough to taste a bit of humble pie .....BIG UP TO ALL

Believe me cs IS the man for what is a very very difficult process and along with SL and all the others he makes up an extremely hard working back room team that will ensure BCFC keep progressing off field .....

Now its over to GJ & the team (and us supporters of course) to keep up with them on it!

I would just like to add my name to the above Colin Sextone changed my mind about him last night never really thought he was up to the job but he proved to me last night that he was .

Unlike some of our councillors that we have entrusted the running of our great City to.I found myself actually cringing at some of the comments that were made just embarasing and not thought out comments moaning for the sake of it really and just trying to fudge issues on the table.

Can anyone point me towards the Sexstone speech on the BCC video archive?

When I select any of the Sexstone links on the Index section it never comes up with Colin.

On one occassion it linked through to Dolly doing her stuff. Which must be a shock to all concerned. ;)

or even http://www.bristol.public-i.tv/site/player...=wm&l=en_GB

If you click on the index points heading, it gives the times for the speakers, but as according to them GJ and Dolls both spoke twice and Miles Hendy didn't speak at all, I wouldn't bet too much on any of it actually being right!

That's what I'm saying. If you click on any of the Colin Sexstone links (I can't believe he spoke about 4 times..) none of them show him.

I sat through 30 minutes of this live last night. I haven't the will to sit through it again to hear his speech. :)

Archived