IGNORED

Adebola

Collis

Dele - "Im sorry to say to any Bristol City fans listning but we are a much bigger club, and expectations are different at Nottingham"

I agree that they are arguably the bigger club but are Forest fans expectations really higher than ours? From reading this forum it would suggest not.

Dele - "Im sorry to say to any Bristol City fans listning but we are a much bigger club, and expectations are different at Nottingham"

I agree that they are arguably the bigger club but are Forest fans expectations really higher than ours? From reading this forum it would suggest not.

they cant be that big or they wouldnt be signing a lump of a journeyman target man who cant manage two games a week.

Forest have a far more impressive history than we do and thats probably why they feel their expectations are different to ours. They have been there, done it and got the T shirt whereas we haven't. Just 4 years in the top flight in over 100 years of existence compared to 2 European Cups ect ect.

I don't have any problem with them saying that they are a bigger club.

Some things are best left unsaid, its about respect... I thought better of him.

Some things are best left unsaid, its about respect... I thought better of him.

Don't read too much into it. He was probably asked a question and tried to answer in a fair way.

I've witnessed enough interviews in my time and seen the write ups to know how words can be twisted.

Good luck to the big man.

Don't read too much into it. He was probably asked a question and tried to answer in a fair way.

I've witnessed enough interviews in my time and seen the write ups to know how words can be twisted.

Good luck to the big man.

Fair point, I guess you need to see something in context to know it has not been twisted.

I watched the interview and I thought he come accross as very proffesional apart from that comment....

He said he wants to score, like every game, but no more than usual....

I dont think he feels he's got anything to prove to us, which is true.

If anyone thinks we are bigger than Forest is either:

(a) not in their mid twenties or beyond yet and never read any football books on the 70's and 80's

(b) old enough but judge everything that happens in football over the last five years

© knows nothing about football and is just a bit stupid

Of course they are bigger than us and of course they have more expectations than us. A lot of their fans have seen them with the European Cup. There is no shame in not being the biggest club in this division.

If anyone thinks we are bigger than Forest is either:

(a) not in their mid twenties or beyond yet and never read any football books on the 70's and 80's

(b) old enough but judge everything that happens in football over the last five years

© knows nothing about football and is just a bit stupid

Of course they are bigger than us and of course they have more expectations than us. A lot of their fans have seen them with the European Cup. There is no shame in not being the biggest club in this division.

Isnt that all history now though? :noexpression:

Surely the present and the recent present should count more. They aint above us, they didnt finish above us last season and the season before they were in a lower league.

Im sorry to me, AT THIS MOMENT we are the bigger club.

Isnt that all history now though? :noexpression:

Surely the present and the recent present should count more. They aint above us, they didnt finish above us last season and the season before they were in a lower league.

Im sorry to me, AT THIS MOMENT we are the bigger club.

So are Hull and Stoke bigger than Newcastle?

Are Fulham bigger than West Ham?

Are Swansea and Cardiff bigger than Ipswich?

Sorry to say that Dele! You played for a year and half ago noi.Cred that you refer 17-30 ani.In this moment

City is better, and if we focus more we will be even better.

I am new on this occasion to salute! I'm From Romania:)

Dele, Forest winning trophies from 20 years ago doesn't have any impact on where they will finish this season! I'd have thought that our expectations were considerably higher than Forest's at the start of the season due to our recent success in the Championship.

Clubs are measured on sucess IMO and Forest have had shed loads of it in the not so recent past so yes they are a big club. But what Dele has to realise is that at this present moment we are in a better position than Forest and after there poor season last year to insinuate they have ''higher expectations'' does baffle me a bit. They finsihed just above relagation last term and im sure they would be happy to consolidate in my table this year. We have a better squad than them and if you compare the players we have bought in it looks as if we can attract better quality aswell.

I always liked Dele and he seemed an honest guy so im taking these comments with a pinch of salt tbh.

Sorry to say that Dele! You played for a year and half ago noi.Cred that you refer 17-30 ani.In this moment

Welcome to the forum Myhay. I bet there aren't too many Bristol City fans in Bucharest!!

Welcome to the forum myhay :sub::city:

Forest fans would have more expectation than us. The most arrogant bunch I've ever come across, too far up their own asses dining on past glories. Can't stand them.

Forest have a far more impressive history than we do and thats probably why they feel their expectations are different to ours. They have been there, done it and got the T shirt whereas we haven't. Just 4 years in the top flight in over 100 years of existence compared to 2 European Cups ect ect.

I don't have any problem with them saying that they are a bigger club.

Bigger Club my Arse have they ever won the Gloucester Cup , Frieght Rover Trophey or Anglo Scottish Cup :tumbleweed::closedeyes:

But are Nottingham Forest a big club? You are only as good as the division you are in. Last season when we went to Forest some young kid was shouting we won the european cup he was probably not even born then . I would say that Forest were once a big club but not now. I am surprised that Dele came out with that and hope that Johnson pins that statement on the dressing room wall before the kick off. If that does not motivate the lads nothing will. Lets hope if he plays he has a quiet game!! COME ON CITY LETS SHOW DELE WHO IS THE BEST!!!!

So are Hull and Stoke bigger than Newcastle?

Are Fulham bigger than West Ham?

Are Swansea and Cardiff bigger than Ipswich?

Well clearly at the moment they are. Like has just been said, your only as big as the league your in, position you are etc.

Are Forest a bigger club then Chelsea? Cus they have won 2 european cups?

Well clearly at the moment they are. Like has just been said, your only as big as the league your in, position you are etc.

a big club to me is a club who has a recent history of winning things but also has a large fanbase, Forest are no longer a big club

What's the obsession with measuring the "size" of a club? Its generally impossible and completely subjective and also irrelevant.

Its like comparing 2 people and asking who has the biggest personality. Pretty much meaningless.

If you could find a definitive measure, who woud really give a t*ss and what would anyone do withthis information. I'm not going to change my support if BCFC is found to be 'small'.

rubbish atticus:

even if you forget about history NF currently average 23,076 fans and BC average 14,451. It's not rocket science to work out who the bigger club is

Archived