IGNORED

The Good Old Days

Abraham Romanovich

Miss the programme section of the old City shop where you could get previous seasons prog's, home & away, for about 10p. Sad I know.

I remember buying up most of ye olde first division away programmes for 10p - an absolute bargain. I wish I'd kept the programmes. :rolleyes:

I might be accused of wearing rose tinted spectacles for writing this but I genuinely believe life as a football supporter and life in general was better 30 odd years ago.

I remember buying up most of ye olde first division away programmes for 10p - an absolute bargain. I wish I'd kept the programmes. :rolleyes:

I might be accused of wearing rose tinted spectacles for writing this but I genuinely believe life as a football supporter and life in general was better 30 odd years ago.

August 1976, just turned up at Highbury and not only paid on the day to watch City, but chose which part of the ground we wanted to go in.

The prog that day was 5p and is now selling in auctions for £1.00.

As for buying previous season's programmes in the club shop; I know it won't fit in with the intended image, but surely the current club shop could keep some assorted programmes in a cardboard box on their counter?

Those birds getting their 'Bristols' out at The Freight Rover Trophy Final I think it was. They also performed out the back of the coach window on the way up in similar fashion, marvellous.

Even less fussy now so let's hope it's a trend that bounces back :noexpression:

Those birds getting their 'Bristols' out at The Freight Rover Trophy Final I think it was. They also performed out the back of the coach window on the way up in similar fashion, marvellous.

Even less fussy now so let's hope it's a trend that bounces back :noexpression:

Perhaps not the same birds though, eh?

Archived