IGNORED

Two Tier Premier League

andy g

i would be but I'm not prepared to accept them in any English league, what about having the old firm in the FA cup?
For me the issue about other UK sides playing in teh English league doesn't bother me because we already have the Welsh playing here, Well yea actually it does bother me but how dull would it be for us without Cardiff and teh rivalry it brings? So as teh Welsh are here then we may as well invite the Scotts. For me I would like to see, Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee Utd, Hibs and Celtic and Rangers join our leagues in someway and maybe one or two Irish clubs.

In no way would I like to see a franchise league or a closed shop but something needs to be done including revamping the play off system as it sucks, Personally I would like to see it as the club who finishes 3rd automatically goes into the final as teh 3rd placed club isn't usually too far behind 2nd. It would then be up to the 4 clubs below that to fight it out in order to play in the final. I would also like to see a extra relegation place created but the team that finishes in that place would have a play off against the team that finished as runners up in teh play off final.

I would also like to see fair play rewarded as well so would suggest the Premier and Championship each give up 1 Fa Cup round 3 place, This would come from the club who finished bottom of teh fair play table the previous season and they would have to start in round 1 where as the best teams for fair play from League one and two would go into the round 3 draw. Something like that would help combat bad discipline. Ok a big club like Man Utd wouldn't want to be starting in Round 1 but that's the whole point of my idea, For it to act as a deterrent to teams. If you worked on the logistics you could have the team that finished top of teh Conference fair play league facing the team that finished bottom of the prem fair play league in round 1. This will ensure the prem club would likely progress and teh conference side will be in for a massive pay day and the chance to play against one of teh bigger clubs in this country.

Back to the British League I would first of all like to see the Scottish clubs invited to play in the Carling cup as a trail and see how it goes, The Carling cup is underrated so if the Scots were to join it it would have the media crawling all over it which would give it more exposure and people would start to see it as more important than it currently is.

Or another idea would be for a lot of the Scotish clubs to join Leagues one and two. Leagues one and two would then be split into North and South.

but something needs to be done including revamping the play off system as it sucks, Personally I would like to see it as the club who finishes 3rd automatically goes into the final as teh 3rd placed club isn't usually too far behind 2nd. It would then be up to the 4 clubs below that to fight it out in order to play in the final. I would also like to see a extra relegation place created but the team that finishes in that place would have a play off against the team that finished as runners up in teh play off final.

remember when we relegated Sheff utd in the pray off's? I remember singing "going down going down" on the terrace at Bramall lane.

I've been saying for years that the 3rd place team should go straight in to the final, 4th then plays 5th at home in a off game, 6th plays 7th in a one off game with 6th at home, then the 4th\5th team play at home aginst the 6th\7th team for the right to play in the final against the 3rd placed team.

I've just looked back 30 years to the 79-80 season when it was still the traditional 92 club football league.

3 of the top 4 were Liverpool, Man U & Arsenal, whilst bottom of Div 1 and getting set for relegation were those Prem 2 proposers......Bolton.

If the old firm came to England (over my dead body) the rest of Scotish football would suffer.

also what does this mean for the home nations, what would FIFA think?

I agree with you but is it any different to Cardiff, Swansea & ****il recently Wrexham) playing in the English Leagues? Surely Ceswys & Cefyn Druids (or whatever they're called) would be better off if they wer getting stuffed by Swansea & Wrexham & drawing with Cardiff every other week.

It's worse than that, they plan to do it by invitation rather than League placing so you can add Leeds, Charlton, Southampton, Norwich & possibly even Notts County to the invite list & lose 12 or 13 of the smallest Championship clubs. On current attendances that would be us although given our stadium approval and possible inclusion in a WC bid we may actually sneak an invite. Justice for 3(?) years of top half Championship finishes?

I would fear us being invited would be a remot prospect- I believe it would be done on history as you say. What Collymore was saying about it on Talksport last night was the top 25 clubs based on historical achievement- according to the site they mentioned we are certainly not in that category, in fact we come in 42nd. Interestingly, Chelsea for all their recent success only come in at 9th- below Newcastle and indeed Sunderland for that matter!

The whole idea stinks.

Archived