IGNORED

Sextone Stepping Over The Line

leepeacock's50phead

The other points that the original poster "conveniently" ignores when banging on about attendances are as follows:-

Every football club that has built a new ground has seen an increase in attendances which, even after falling away, result in a bigger fanbase than the one at the ground they left.

Another reason for trying to build a new stadium is to MAKE MONEY FROM THE STADIUM ITSELF and not just from the twenty five or so occasions we are hosting a football match each season. My understanding is that this is imperative for the club to move forwards and pay it's own way.

The original poster also talks about "corporate" decisions. People don't come any more "corporate" than George Ferguson - and it seems that he has half of the "Peoples Republic of Southville" wrapped round his tofu stained finger!!!

funny how the potential fanbase show there faces on those occasions but never get down the ground isn't it.

Lets not be nieve, people wanted to visit the stadium, these were not fans who are locked out every week.

Just about every club that gets a new stadium sees a massive increase in support. Prime example is Reading, at elm park it was crowds of 6-7,000, move to the Madjeski and all of a sudden 20,000 plus :shocking: .

We will be getting crowds of 25,000 plus if/when we get the new ground. fact.

Just about every club that gets a new stadium sees a massive increase in support. Prime example is Reading, at elm park it was crowds of 6-7,000, move to the Madjeski and all of a sudden 20,000 plus :shocking: .

We will be getting crowds of 25,000 plus if/when we get the new ground. fact.

and I thought the clubs figure of 23800 was optimistic, anyway I hope you are right.

Archived