IGNORED

Lee Johson

red army

He really is'nt good enough. The way i see it, is he's like a little kid running around not doing much and and as a rusult of this its causing our better players like elloitt having to cover Johnson. He really does nothing, so many times i see him lose the ball, scared to tackle and does nothing in attack. Please Gary do us a favour and sale your son ASAP for the club and your own sake. This is affecting your reputation as a good manager. I know were in the best hand posible but please do this for the fans.

Sorry if my spelling or english is very bad to the keyboard worriers and pc people. I'm at work writing this trying not to get caught. :)

He really is'nt good enough. The way i see it, is he's like a little kid running around not doing much and and as a rusult of this its causing our better players like elloitt having to cover Johnson. He really does nothing, so many times i see him lose the ball, scared to tackle and does nothing in attack. Please Gary do us a favour and sale your son ASAP for the club and your own sake. This is affecting your reputation as a good manager. I know were in the best hand posible but please do this for the fans.

Sorry if my spelling or english is very bad to the keyboard worriers and pc people. I'm at work writing this trying not to get caught. :)

And your thoughts on Marvin Elliott, Cole Skuse and Jamie McCallister who were all worse than LJ on saturday?

And your thoughts on Marvin Elliott, Cole Skuse and Jamie McCallister who were all worse than LJ on saturday?

Oh come on Riaz - you know the answer to that one - it's been well rehearsed - they were all covering for LJ so couldn't do their own jobs properly. I thought you'd know that by now - we've been told often enough.

Absolutely correct. You may as well put an under 8 on there and let him run around in the middle. Same effect.

Lee Johnson had a poor game (Like most of the team) why do you single him out?

Lee Johnson has had some good games recently, but you single him out?? a tad unfair dont you think?

I agree that the likes of Elliot has been equally as poor this season, but I also feel that Lee J should move on in the near future. I dont think that the father/son combo in any line of work is a good idea, and I think that as a father you are always going to rate your family as better than they actually are. I know you may think thats b******* but I really think thats the way it often go's. Also when some players want to maybe vent their frustrations in the dressing rooms, how can they without always looking over their shoulder to see if Lee J is in earshot. I think that whole rotation idea of Gary's was absolutley criminal and was merly a ploy to get Lee back in the side, when he wasnt. Where has the rotation appeared in the last month?? I think Lee would actually benefit from a frsh start elsewhere.

come on mate. they are all consistently better by a hell of a margin than lj, and them three players, in fact quite a lot of our team, are better on an off day than the guaranteed poor performance you can expect to see from lj. never have a wanted a player to do well more than him! but he cannot cut it...

Cole skuse can be forgiven for his last two poor perfomances, because they are few and far between. But Jamie McAllister and Marvin Elliott have been far worse than LJ recently.

Cole skuse can be forgiven for his last two poor perfomances, because they are few and far between. But Jamie McAllister and Marvin Elliott have been far worse than LJ recently.

I agree. I thought Jamie Mac was all over the place on sat. He dived in stupidly on numerous occasions allowing the ipswich forwards to tun him, whith a clear run onto our goal. Fair enough, I dont think he recieved support from sno who like most left midfielders would tuck in and double up with the left back. I can recall Jamie M and Sno combining at all, which shows that combo is destined for disaster. Oh for the days of Bell and Tinnion...

Have to agree there Marvin i like but to be totally honest should have been dropped weeks ago, without getting on the LJ bandwagon he as been better but the whole midfield is such a shambles at times it doe'snt actually mean a lot. I can't see how Jamie McAllister stays in either but then again no doubt another favourite McCombe would then be shuffled into the pack so its the lesser of 2 evils. Come back Bradley i know the passing could improve but you have been missed.

you cant be saying that elliot (one of the best midifelders ive seen at city) and mcallister who is a solid left back, are as CONSISTENTLY poor as johnson...

They have been WORSE this season. If you werent so blinded by the fact he is the managers son, you will have seen that.

re 'Somerset Sam'

That isnt a fact at all, it's your opinion. The FACT is that Lee Johnson played virtually an entire season in a massively influential position, for a newly promoted side, who were hugely successful.

If anyone is stupid enough, and I mean stupid in the most offensive possible terms, to believe he was 'carried' through the season then either their heads need examining or, knowingly or not, they are subscribing to an agenda.

Hartley is a better player, Elliott and Skuse are more tenacious and Williams is more creative, but please, for God's sake, give the guy a break.

The reason LJ should leave is because there are too many people like the OP who cant see past the fact he is managers son! Perhaps he needs to go for his own sake.

As mentioned players have been worse than him so far this season but still he gets stick from every direction.

I cant imagine how he must feel when his positive contributions in the match are barely applauded yet the occasional mistake leads to him being slated by his own fans.

Poor bloke cant win.

I also think Lee should go - for his own sake

He has been treated very badly by city fans....

He's acheived alot while here and does not get the recognition he deserves...

I think the fact that trundle is getting more praise on here just about sums otib up.

re 'Somerset Sam'

That isnt a fact at all, it's your opinion.

The 'fact' is that last season and so far this season we are not a top 6 championship team and LJ and others have played a big part in those seasons, if we want to progress than thats what we need to be surely??

I have no personal problem with LJ but 'in my opinon' his inclusion and other players and the managers current selections will not get us to be a consistant top 6 championship club.

I agree when other people say 'the look where we were 3/4 years ago and we should be happy were we are now considering our size etc' but we were also 90 minutes from the premier league 18 months or so ago and since then we have gone backwards 'in my opinion', not getting the results we were and not producing the performances we were. Now maybe i am wrong and it is not the players that are not good enough maybe its the manager or the coaching staff but something is not right at the moment and current performances and results back up that.

The 'fact' is that last season and so far this season we are not a top 6 championship team and LJ and others have played a big part in those seasons, if we want to progress than thats what we need to be surely??

I have no personal problem with LJ but 'in my opinon' his inclusion and other players and the managers current selections will not get us to be a consistant top 6 championship club.

I agree when other people say 'the look where we were 3/4 years ago and we should be happy were we are now considering our size etc' but we were also 90 minutes from the premier league 18 months or so ago and since then we have gone backwards 'in my opinion', not getting the results we were and not producing the performances we were. Now maybe i am wrong and it is not the players that are not good enough maybe its the manager or the coaching staff but something is not right at the moment and current performances and results back up that.

Agreed but I think we should lay off LJ. It's not his prpoblem, despite the contimual pressure on him he does try to his abilities. It's GJ and Millie who is the selection committee with GJ as the final approval. It's them who should be getting the criticism for the unbalanced play and players not being "pumped" and ready for kick-off, who end up a second half team....

I also think Lee should go - for his own sake

He has been treated very badly by city fans....

He's acheived alot while here and does not get the recognition he deserves...

My thoughts exactly. Weather we like it or not opinions amongst fans arnt going to change.

It would be best for all concerned if he did leave. If he does put in these good performances (im sorry but i do fail to see a good 90 mins from him) then he will have no problem getting a contract at another Championship club will he?.

It does baffle me that he seems happy here. He cant be enjoying his football surely.

Unfortunately LJ is one of those players that fans criticise when he players badly yet when he does something good or contributes to a successful game/squad they seem to all become Wenger-like and not be able to see it. (Oh and to anyone now thinking well that doesn't happen often... it does just get over it)

This thread was started by someone suggesting that playing him makes GJ look foolish and is ruining his reputation and that of the club. I think some fans on this thread and at the ground should look at themselves and consider the damage they might be doing to the reputation of the club's fans by so openly criticising one of our own players.

Thought LJ was half-decent on Saturday, though made some embarrassing gaffes after getting knackered/booed. Skuse was fine considering he was genuinely out of position. McAllister wasn't too bad either once he and Fonts started marking Stead properly. All of them played better than Maynard and the less said about Elliott the better.

Why can nobody spell Macca's name btw? Mind you, I think the OP is lying about her job because, in the recession, it's quite hard for even literate people to get work.

Anyone calling for LJ to be dropped after Elliott's performance is a pretty poor excuse for a fan.

Thought LJ was half-decent on Saturday, though made some embarrassing gaffes after getting knackered/booed. Skuse was fine considering he was genuinely out of position. McAllister wasn't too bad either once he and Fonts started marking Stead properly. All of them played better than Maynard and the less said about Elliott the better.

Why can nobody spell Macca's name btw? Mind you, I think the OP is lying about her job because, in the recession, it's quite hard for literate people to get work.

Anyone calling for LJ to be dropped after Elliott's performance is a pretty poor excuse for a fan.

I still think the person who has the responsibility to sort it out is GJ...

Lee Johnson should not leave. He's an important team/squad member.

The problem is we have some thick fans who think because he's the managers son, he shouldn't play.

The other problem we have, is that City fans always want a player to be a villain to blame all our shortcomings on.

Forget the fact that Lee Johnson is Gary Johnson's son as not everyone's views are influenced by that!

Gary Johnson won't play anyone who he thinks won't do a job and therefore he must see certain qualities in Lee Johnson that merits him a starting place instead of other players, whether that be training or match day statistics.

However, the stature of the other midfielders, (Hartley - Scottish International, Sno - young, Dutch Ajax player, Elliott - brilliant last season, Skuse - Consistent and Bristol Born and Bred) creates a view that they should start ahead of Lee Johnson amongst most of the fans.

Fans that are suggesting that Lee Johnson is being played because of being Gary Johnson's son are being naive, although, fans that say he is playing well week in week and deserves his place in the team are also the same.

In my opinion, Lee Johnson is a very good League 1 player and he, like Trundle, isn't a player which is suited to Championship football. He is hard-working but that isn't going to create goals or score goals. I would've loved for Johnson to score that chance towards the end of the game vs Ipswich, just so it would've shut the boo boys in the eastend up calling for both Johnsons to **** off out the club (If that's your views fine, but don't boo players when they get the ball they are in a city shirt and should be supported whoever they are.) but then again, I would of loved that chance to have fallen to someone with more shooting ability such as Maynard or Haynes or even Sno.

The reason I think Johnson should move on is the fact that he isn't good enough at this level and to enhance his game he could leave for a League 1 club and play week in week out with no hassle from the fans and become an etablished player in that side.

re 'Somerset Sam'

For me, responsibility for our drop in form lies with the fact that Johnson doesnt appear to know his best formation nor his best XI players. Whilst im aware that we tried to recruit wide men in the summer, having failed to do so and pressed on with a 3-5-2 setup which, in my opinion, has actually worked quite well, im a tad confused why we seem to have reverted to a 4-4-2 without the players to make it work.

I believe Johnson has, very much, earned the right to be given time to put things right. However it is currently the tactics and personnel deployment which is our major downfall, not any one player.

Lee Johnson should not leave. He's an important team/squad member.

The problem is we have some thick fans who think because he's the managers son, he shouldn't play.

NO....the problem is we appear to play players out of position (SNO) so LJ can play in the middle because he cant play anywhere else

It is clear both Sno & Hartley should be the centre mid as they are the best at the club in those positions...............

Archived