IGNORED

Lee Johson

red army

NO....the problem is we appear to play players out of position (SNO) so LJ can play in the middle because he cant play anywhere else

It is clear both Sno & Hartley should be the centre mid as they are the best at the club in those positions...............

Hear, Hear.... :chant6ez:

NO....the problem is we appear to play players out of position (SNO) so LJ can play in the middle because he cant play anywhere else

It is clear both Sno & Hartley should be the centre mid as they are the best at the club in those positions...............

I have to say, when we play 4 CM's across the middle of the park, it baffles me as to why LJ doesn't go out on the right hand side rather than Elliott

Don't hate the lad, but don't think he warrants a place in the starting line up. I agree it would be best for him and for Gary if LJ left, just to stop nonsense like this. However, surely the problem on Saturday was the formation rather than his presence on the pitch? With Skuse continuing at right back and 4 CMs across the midfield, who would you have played ahead of him? Williams hasn't exactly covered himself in glory this season either. We have good personel in this squad, they are just not being utilised in the right way

WTF is all this about Sno being played out of position. When he signed he said he had played in numerous positions in his career - all accross midfield and even sometimes in defence or in attack!

Are you blind or just plain stupid? Or both?

Sno is CLEARLY not a left midfielder! He's an attacking central midfielder and that's where he should be played! He's not on the wing when he's at Ajax he's in the centre and playing good football and they're a world class team!

Sno is CLEARLY not a left midfielder! He's an attacking central midfielder and that's where he should be played! He's not on the wing when he's at Ajax he's in the centre and playing good football and they're a world class team!

ok so sno in centre mid, who are you playing him there with? Elliot? hartley? if you playing both of them there then i suspect this will not solve our lack of width as orr and mccalistar arnt really wing backs they are full backs.

ok so sno in centre mid, who are you playing him there with? Elliot? hartley? if you playing both of them there then i suspect this will not solve our lack of width as orr and mccalistar arnt really wing backs they are full backs.

I'd play Sno in the middle with Hartley and I'd try Haynes on the right giving Clarkson a chance up top. Left wing is still a problem yes but you could even have Sproule on the wing, okay not the greatest winger but his pace would terrify most oppositions and at least he is a winger!

I dont normally get involved with the who LJ debate, but I honestly think it is time he moved on. Whilst he is still at our club there is always going to be a ? over whether he is in the team on performance, or due to GJ. I personally do not rate him, and have not for at least 2 years, but thats just my opinion and I would not get into a debate about it. I just wish that Lee could find himself another club where he would not be under so much pressure, GJ would not be half as questioned as he is currently, and BCFC could move on from the subject as a whole.

Clearly not as stupid as you.

Sno has played nearly everywhere in his career and for me is comfortable playing there.. although not permanantly...

Clearly not as stupid as you.

Sno has played nearly everywhere in his career and for me is comfortable playing there.. although not permanantly...

Oh the hilarity! Really, well done for your mature response :winner_third_h4h:

Yes, he may have played nearly everywhere in his career but he it would make sense to play him in his best position in CM. It's the same as playing Skuse at RB, although he can play there he plays better in midfield; Fontaine is played at LB sometimes but is better when played at CB! You see the pattern?

Oh the hilarity! Really, well done for your mature response :winner_third_h4h:

Yes, he may have played nearly everywhere in his career but he it would make sense to play him in his best position in CM. It's the same as playing Skuse at RB, although he can play there he plays better in midfield; Fontaine is played at LB sometimes but is better when played at CB! You see the pattern?

I think I did fairly well at not biting there :closedeyes:

Skuse and Sno are utility players... where as fontaine is not.

Skuse cannot have the excuse of playing out of position for his poor perfomance - it was his PASSING that let him down - not his defensive play.

Back to sno playing on the left. We did actually get promoted without a out and out left winger - so its not the first time GJ has done this and no one said he was losing the plot when we got promotion.... well apart from ashtonyate!

So Sno whose club are quite happy to release out on loan,because they dont want him, is better in central midfield than Elliot who we turned down a £2 MILLION bid for last season.I dont think so at all.

We saw Sno play in CM once, in a friendly where there was no tackling and no closing down.

We were a far better and more balanced side before he came to us.

This season, before he was here we had won 4 out of 7 :yes: , since hes been in the side we have won 3 out of 14 :noexpression: .

He slows everything down, theres no quick counter attacking from us anymore, he seems to want 5-6 touches before releasing the ball. I find it so frustrating.

I think I did fairly well at not biting there :closedeyes:

Skuse and Sno are utility players... where as fontaine is not.

Skuse cannot have the excuse of playing out of position for his poor perfomance - it was his PASSING that let him down - not his defensive play.

Back to sno playing on the left. We did actually get promoted without a out and out left winger - so its not the first time GJ has done this and no one said he was losing the plot when we got promotion.... well apart from ashtonyate!

It was an average comeback if im honest :innocent06:

Yes, Skuse had a poor game Saturday and his passing did let him down but that's not what I was trying to put across. The point was that players play better in their natural positions and Skuse's is central midfield.

You're correct in saying we got promotion without an out and out left winger but that was in League 1 where the standard was far from great. We aren't going to do reinact the promotion from League 1 as we aren't good enough as of yet but the fact we don't have out and out wingers in this division which is very strong doesn't help our case.

As I stated in another post he has only started 2 of the last 5 games so where were the boos and that when we weren't winning three games previous?

in fact maybe we should stand by some of these posters work places and boo them when they are trying to do THEIR job. See how that encourages them to do better or not as the case maybe......

in fact maybe we should stand by some of these posters work places and boo them when they are trying to do THEIR job. See how that encourages them to do better or not as the case maybe......

I have never Booed a City player when they are playing as this is counter-productive but I have voiced my opinion after a game if I think the team have not done enough in a game, whether it be effort, skill etc, that surely is every fans right as a paying customer?

If I buy something from a shop and it doesn't do want I thought it should do when I bought it I will take it back, if I have a dodgy meal in a restaurant I will do the same we have a right to complain, and the team and manager have to except that we can they are not exempt from this. Now outside of football we have a choice to go elsewhere if we are not happy but when it comes to football we have the club we have chosen 99.9% of fans wont go and support someone else.

As for going and booing me in work and see how I like it, well when your money pays some of my wage you are more than welcome, my boss has no problem in telling me when I have not performed to the required level and I have no problem in hearing it, just motivates me more next time to get better.

sums up otib well, spot on, tis farcical

Except that it's absolute nonsense for 2 reasons:

1) Trundle receives plenty of stick on here, much of it, in my opinion, unjustified, and some of the most repeated stick comes from a few of the very people praising LJ on this thread.

2) The day LJ produces a moment of magic similar to Trundle's first goal on Saturday, you can be sure that those on here who appreciate skilful football will praise him to the skies.

Having said that, it's completely ridiculous of the previous poster to bring Trundle into this thread in the first place.

Except that it's absolute nonsense for 2 reasons:

1) Trundle receives plenty of stick on here, much of it, in my opinion, unjustified, and some of the most repeated stick comes from a few of the very people praising LJ on this thread.

2) The day LJ produces a moment of magic similar to Trundle's first goal on Saturday, you can be sure that those on here who appreciate skilful football will praise him to the skies.

Having said that, it's completely ridiculous of the previous poster to bring Trundle into this thread in the first place.

1) Ok fair enough he does get some unjustified stick but he also gets some absolutly ridiculous praise and belief. If hes so good why arnt Swans starting him

2) LJ aint never gonna produce that magic but equally Trundle will never do as much running as LJ, pass as well as LJ, even tackle as well as LJ and that saying something. Bottom line is LT is better than LJ upfront and LJ is better than LT in midfield! As for who is better for bristol City, LJ clearly better imo

The fact remains that Lee Johnson is not good enough to help take this club forward and become a consistant top 6 club in the championship, if there are players that are worse than him then they are not good enough also.

Performances and results this season are proof of that.

That is a very good post

1) Ok fair enough he does get some unjustified stick but he also gets some absolutly ridiculous praise and belief. If hes so good why arnt Swans starting him

2) LJ aint never gonna produce that magic but equally Trundle will never do as much running as LJ, pass as well as LJ, even tackle as well as LJ and that saying something. Bottom line is LT is better than LJ upfront and LJ is better than LT in midfield! As for who is better for bristol City, LJ clearly better imo

It irritated me to see Trundle brought into this thread, hence my post above.

There's no reason whatsoever to be comparing Trundle with Lee Johnson, so enough of Trundle for this thread.

As far as LJ goes, I'm in the camp that doesn't dislike him, or boo him, but would greet news of his departure with some relief.

I don't think we need him enough to allow the festering and angry divide he creates amonst fans, as well as fans and the manager himself, to continue, and I should hope he doesn't need BCFC so much that he needs to continue to put up with the sometimes inflated criticism which is unlikely to fade for as long as he wears City colours.

On a personal level I feel some sympathy for LJ, as a City supporter I often don't feel he should be on the pitch to be a target for abuse in the first place.

The situation has gone on too long - I'd like to see him quietly move on in January in what would be a very healthy move for him, GJ, the fans and the club as a whiole.

So Sno whose club are quite happy to release out on loan,because they dont want him, is better in central midfield than Elliot who we turned down a £2 MILLION bid for last season.I dont think so at all.

We saw Sno play in CM once, in a friendly where there was no tackling and no closing down.

We were a far better and more balanced side before he came to us.

This season, before he was here we had won 4 out of 7 :yes: , since hes been in the side we have won 3 out of 14 :noexpression: .

He slows everything down, theres no quick counter attacking from us anymore, he seems to want 5-6 touches before releasing the ball. I find it so frustrating.

So are you basically saying because Ajax dont want him he isn't goood enough for us? He Hartley and Maynard are our best players IMO and those of the people I go to the game with. Nearly had 2 assists yestaday and should of had 3 last week. If our players could finish he would of had at least 5 assists in 2 games. When was the last time LJ had those sort of figures? Hes heavilly right footed its no wonder he has to take so many touches when everything is played to him as if hes a left footer. Imagin LJ playing on the left? People think he gets stick now the boo boys would have a field day watching him try and do as well as Sno has done out there. Sno is arguably our strongest and most creative player its criminal that he has to play out on the left but I can see why he is... Abit like Gerrard for England he is probably our best player and the only one who can keep up a good level of football even out of position. Untill we get a left winger this is where he must play. But for people to even compare him to LJ ability wise is an absolute joke.

And your thoughts on Marvin Elliott, Cole Skuse and Jamie McCallister who were all worse than LJ on saturday?

I agree LJ is not always to blame the main reason he does get the blame is his dad is the boss. LJ has done some really useless performances but so has everone else including Maynard and Elliott and Hartley. Do we get rid of all of them or do we just need some width, LJ was one of the best suppliers to strickers in the past FACT. Not praiseing the guy but give him some slack, IF THEY PLAY IN RED WE MUST SUPPORT THEM, and if it dosent work you must look beond the team and look at the manager. Lets see what GJ does in Jan and were we are at the end of the season.

Lee Johnson should not leave. He's an important team/squad member.

The problem is we have some thick fans who think because he's the managers son, he shouldn't play.

The other problem we have, is that City fans always want a player to be a villain to blame all our shortcomings on.

Have to disagree, LJ is not a good enough player for a club with Premier League aspirations.His continued selection, thanks to seniors continued gerrymandering with the team flies in the face of the calibre of our recent signings.What Hartley and Elliott must be thinking having to play alongside him god only knows.

The only time he doesn`t look out of place is against teams that are effectively playing div 1 football, Scunny, Posh etc.Against the better teams I cringe watching him.

This is a criticism of his dad , not the player.

Any way who are you to stereo -type people as thick fans?

CTID.

Lee Johnson positives:

Positive attitude

Reasonable passing over medium range

Rarely injured

Available for a pass often

Negatives:

No defensive value

Skips tackles

Aerial weakness

One paced

Slows breaks

Poor passing over long distance (easily picked off chips)

Makes mistakes in dangerous situations

For me we have five better central midfielders at the club.

Lee Johnson positives:

Positive attitude

Rarely injured

Negatives:

No defensive value

Skips tackles

Aerial weakness

One paced

Slows breaks

:winner_third_h4h::clapping: ...and there we have it - perfectly and eloquently summed up by Nibor. :winner_third_h4h:

Lee Johnson positives:

Positive attitude

Rarely injured

Negatives:

No defensive value

Skips tackles

Aerial weakness

One paced

Slows breaks

Cant argue with that.

So are you basically saying because Ajax dont want him he isn't goood enough for us? He Hartley and Maynard are our best players IMO and those of the people I go to the game with. Nearly had 2 assists yestaday and should of had 3 last week. If our players could finish he would of had at least 5 assists in 2 games. When was the last time LJ had those sort of figures? Hes heavilly right footed its no wonder he has to take so many touches when everything is played to him as if hes a left footer. Imagin LJ playing on the left? People think he gets stick now the boo boys would have a field day watching him try and do as well as Sno has done out there. Sno is arguably our strongest and most creative player its criminal that he has to play out on the left but I can see why he is... Abit like Gerrard for England he is probably our best player and the only one who can keep up a good level of football even out of position. Untill we get a left winger this is where he must play. But for people to even compare him to LJ ability wise is an absolute joke.

Where do i compare him with LJ ? :dunno:

Lee Johnson positives:

Positive attitude

Rarely injured

Negatives:

No defensive value

Skips tackles

Aerial weakness

One paced

Slows breaks

Spot on!

Does anybody seriously believe that if LJ was really a quality midfielder and had a lot to offer the team, there would be so many on here (and in the stands) who constantly and consistently question his ability?

The fact that he is the manager's son, (and I believe has never established himself at a club where his father is not the manager), just makes the situation a lot worse.

He seems a pleasant enough guy and it's a pity for him that his footballing skills appear to be insufficient for him to make much impact at this level, but if we are to progress and get the most out of the players we have, we need to play our best players in their most effective positions and in a formation designed to achieve this.

Something which, IMO, has not been happening.

Archived