IGNORED

Leicester City V Bcfc

The Enormous Turnip

How will we get on?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I saw Leicester on sky a few weeks back, getting back to back wins away at Reading and then QPR, and they remind me a lot of us in our first year back up in the Championship. Fearless attacking play, catching the opposition off guard and sneaking the 3 points. Okay so they got a hiding up at Forest on saturday but I'm sure we all remember the results we had up at West Brom and Ipswich 2 years ago and the way in which we usually bounced back the game after - can see Leicester doing just that tonight.

Something needs to change with City's formation, the lack of width and cutting edge is frightening, but maybe we won't see any real change until January. I can quite easily see GJ setting us up defensively to try and get a point tonight.

A few stats -

Neither City nor Leicester have set the world on fire with goals this season, 22 each, with 2 top scorers in Fryatt and Maynard on 9 a piece. Leicester's home record this season is impressive, winning 5, but they've only scored 11 in their 9 home games which isn't that special.

We've only ever won 3 league games at Leicester - the last time was in 1915 when we got a 3-1 win. More recently, we only took a point off them two season ago after we lost 2-0 at AG in Holloway's first game in charge and got hammered 0-0 at the Walkers.

350 tickets sold by us so far, not good even for a midweek game when we're playing as poorly as we are. Does this reflect the confidence the fans have in the team at the moment? Thoughts on today's game then?

I like the couple of predictions for City to hammer in 3 tonight, that could have been me on a more optimistic day.

I'd be delighted but amazed if we whacked in a treble because City have only managed that feat 3 times in the last 50 League games and 7 times in the last 100.

Three away goals tonight would be a pleasant shock to rival the Watford away game last Boxing Day.

I can't see any goals for City tonight I'm afraid, but one, probably plus a late second for Leicester.

I'm absolutely stunned by the amount of posters that think we will win tonight! There isn't a chance of that happening in my opinion because Leicester haven't shipped in many goals so far and I think their defeat to Forest was just one of those days. I've got a feeling the only way we could possibly take something from the game would be to let Haynes and Maynard run at Brown who is Leicester's equivalent of McCombe.

I like the couple of predictions for City to hammer in 3 tonight, that could have been me on a more optimistic day.

I'd be delighted but amazed if we whacked in a treble because City have only managed that feat 3 times in the last 50 League games and 7 times in the last 100.

Three away goals tonight would be a pleasant shock to rival the Watford away game last Boxing Day.

I can't see any goals for City tonight I'm afraid, but one, probably plus a late second for Leicester.

More than likely right; but allow me a bit of hope, for a few mins anyway :yawn:

More than likely right; but allow me a bit of hope, for a few mins anyway :yawn:

I can't help feeling pessimistic for tonight glos, just being honest, but when the match actually kicks off I will be listening with renewed hope as usual until something horrible happens to thwart it.

Mind you City never are actually predictable, so you never know another unexpected Watford- type goal avalanche from the Reds is always a possibility. :winner_third_h4h:

Remember when I went up there the last time we played them, some amazing 0-0 I've ever witnessed. Should of lost 7-2 or something stupid like that, we got so lucky that day.

Anyway tonight my heart says win, but my head says lose; not just due to our form/tactics or whatever, but Leiecester are a very organised side under Pearson and although they aren't the most free scoring of teams I recon they'll beat us 1-0 with a goal from a corner or something like that. See very detailed! ;):innocent06:

If we can score an early one, 3 isn't out of the question.

The way things are going for us at the moment, I'm gonna say 2-1 loss, our goal in the middle.

I've already given the statistics above of how seldom we net 3 and BCFC aren't exactly famed for going for the other team's throat from the start either.

An early one would be nice though, especially if we went for a quick second afterwards. :innocent06:

I'm absolutely stunned by the amount of posters that think we will win tonight! There isn't a chance of that happening in my opinion because Leicester haven't shipped in many goals so far and I think their defeat to Forest was just one of those days. I've got a feeling the only way we could possibly take something from the game would be to let Haynes and Maynard run at Brown who is Leicester's equivalent of McCombe.

I agree with you, although we live in hope.

I think the fact that the prospect of an away win tonight seems so incredibly unlikely should emphasise to people, if it needed emphasising, that the main aim for the rest of the season has to be on avoiding relegation.

Forget the play-offs, as we aren't anywhere near good enough for them based on what we've seen since mid-September.

will tell you once i see the team / squad

will LJ, Elliott, boom, boom play :noexpression: hope Brads back; and come on lets go for the throat FROM THE START; :fingerscrossed: PLEASE LETS SHAKE THEM UP AND ATTACK

Team News

Leicester City: Weale; Morrison, Hobbs, Brown, McGivern, Oakley, A King, Wellens, N'Guessan, Waghorn, Gallagher. Subs: Pentney, Howard, Dyer, Fryatt, Adams, Kermorgant.

Bristol City: Gerken; Orr, McAllister, Fontaine, Nyatanga; Sproule, Hartley, Skuse, Haynes; Sno, Maynard. Subs: Elliott, Johnson, Henderson, Clarkson, Williams, McCombe, Saborio.

Someone please tell me the formation, is it 4-4-1-1?

Team News

Leicester City: Weale; Morrison, Hobbs, Brown, McGivern, Oakley, A King, Wellens, N'Guessan, Waghorn, Gallagher. Subs: Pentney, Howard, Dyer, Fryatt, Adams, Kermorgant.

Bristol City: Gerken; Orr, Carey, Fontaine, Nyatanga; Sproule, Hartley, Skuse, Haynes; Sno, Maynard. Subs: Elliott, Johnson, Henderson, Clarkson, Williams, McCombe, Saborio.

Surely not.... SURELY NOT!!

Could it be 4-4-2 with wingers?!?

Archived