IGNORED

Still No Gary

Keep the Faith

IF this was the case, I suggest he should be ore professional

In the same manner as Mike Phelan taking Manchester United's pre-match press conferences? That Ferguson will never come to anything.

Grow up and stop making everything into a personal crusade against Johnson, it's becoming extremely petty and pathetic. To the forum/fanbase as a whole.

We may have missed Johnson's 'cheeky chappy' interviews on World this week but in all fairness we've not heard anything new and different from Millen. They obviously have to show that they are on the same page.

The reason GJ has stepped out of the spotlight recently, I think is because he felt that the fans weren't really hearing what he was saying possibly because of him becoming over exposed by doing so many interviews.

Personally, I think he's being mischievious.... :rofl2br:

But once again Johnson lost it again last Saturday, all because a fan dared to shout out who's that when Clarkson stripped off to come on, Johnson then turned and started pointing at the guy and mouthing something at him, the guy replied that we have never seen him him before and so didn't know, nothing nasty or abusive was ever said, it was all abit light hearted but yet again Johnson decided to go off one one, how long before he trys to ban fans from sitting behind the dugouts? surely he should be able to rise above the things that are said and take no notice.

I can understand him getting the hump with some comments if read on here, but the off site is read by many more fans nation and worldwide; cant really understand his snubbing of that

First thing is

ARRRE YOOUU MAD !!

GJ would never read the fans forum, if he did it would put way to much pressure on him and most managers stay out off things like this.

I am pretty sure GJ has gone on record admitting that he does indeed read this forum.

Sorry to burst your bubble!

Who's not to know that he may even has his very own profile on this site.

In my most abstract of thoughts, I could almost think of a couple of people who post fairly regularly on here who could fit the bill! :shocking:

From SSN...

Meanwhile, assistant boss Keith Millen has revealed the reasons behind manager Gary Johnson's refusal to talk to the media.

He told the Bristol Evening Post: "Gary felt the pressure coming from outside the club was unnecessary and felt the situation required a different voice.

"He wanted someone else to explain why we were not frustrated within the club and why we couldn't understand the reaction from outside. That's all it was. He's a happy man now and I'm sure he'll be talking again soon."

All is revealed.

From SSN...

Meanwhile, assistant boss Keith Millen has revealed the reasons behind manager Gary Johnson's refusal to talk to the media.

He told the Bristol Evening Post: "Gary felt the pressure coming from outside the club was unnecessary and felt the situation required a different voice.

"He wanted someone else to explain why we were not frustrated within the club and why we couldn't understand the reaction from outside. That's all it was. He's a happy man now and I'm sure he'll be talking again soon."

All is revealed.

:disapointed2se: doesnt reveal why hes not speaking on the clubs own site though does it; hes just having a sulk because he cant control what fans think i.m.o..

:disapointed2se: doesnt reveal why hes not speaking on the clubs own site though does it; hes just having a sulk because he cant control what fans think i.m.o..

Well, the ridiculous and pathetic insults to his ability and integrity do come from in the CLUB's own fanbase...

The silence is deafening!

When he was at Yeovil I used to enjoy his post match comments which I listened to on the radio driving home from the gate. His comments were always refreshingly honest and positive, and always thought he would be good for us.

Unfortunately, it now appears that the weight of expectation from a larger fan base MAY be taking it's toll, even having a go at a fan close to the tunnel at half time at a recent match. Don't know what was said but he was not happy. For the sake of him, the club and the fans I hope I am wrong and he will be back to his best soon.

Well, the ridiculous and pathetic insults to his ability and integrity do come from in the CLUB's own fanbase...

Look, there will always be fans that dont agree with the managers choices/decisions at any club, it is no reason to hide away. Ignoring "the clubs fanbase" as a whole can only do harm :dunno:

Do we know that's the reason or is it just someone's guess?

People are guessing, i dont really think it matters who speaks to the media at the moment,we are all quite capable of making our own minds up on how we are playing.

Perhaps they should just put up the Prozone statistics, we may find out we have won the last 10 games :whistle2::whistle2:

People are guessing, i dont really think it matters who speaks to the media at the moment,we are all quite capable of making our own minds up on how we are playing.

Perhaps they should just put up the Prozone statistics, we may find out we have won the last 10 games :whistle2::whistle2:

Is Kieth Millen guessing; See post 35 this topic

So am I right in thinking the management think we are doing ok because the pro zone stats say we are? **** teh pro zone stats the fact is we have only performed for about 3 or 4 half's this season, The rest of it has been dire stuff, We have no width and by that I mean a left and right winger, Our tactics and substitutions are also suspicious if I'm honest. We play players out of position and don't play to the strengths of our best players, Hartley, Maynard and Sno. We lack balance, Concede late goals and don't score very often in the first half especially at home.

Whilst I have been vocal on here about LJ getting picked too often, I'd like to note that he received a good welcome when he came on today.

In fact he played ok as well.......

I disagree, I def heard some boos ad nobody really cheered. Did ok tho, usual tippy tappy passes. :fastasleep:

I disagree, I def heard some boos ad nobody really cheered. Did ok tho, usual tippy tappy passes. :fastasleep:

True there wasn't cheers but was there for Williams coming on too?

I would have put Clarkson on myself.

PS - On the thread point, I will state here now (and this is purely my opinion based on nothing other than observation) - I do not think Gary Johnson will be manager of Bristol City come the start of next season.

I do not think Gary Johnson will be manager of Bristol City come the start of next season.

I'm starting to get that feeling too, and I think that's real shame. I suspect the next month or so will define the relationship he has with the fans, and vice versa.

True there wasn't cheers but was there for Williams coming on too?

I would have put Clarkson on myself.

PS - On the thread point, I will state here now (and this is purely my opinion based on nothing other than observation) - I do not think Gary Johnson will be manager of Bristol City come the start of next season.

Might not be a bad thing. I genuinely cannot see this club progressing any further ON the pitch, as long as Mr J in charge. Still a good manager, but every manager runs out of ideas eventually.

Might not be a bad thing. I genuinely cannot see this club progressing any further ON the pitch, as long as Mr J in charge. Still a good manager, but every manager runs out of ideas eventually.

I suggest that part of the reason for Gary's silence is comments like this.

We are 2 points off the play-offs for crying out loud! Plus, we have been playing poorly.

Will you state the above if we are 2 points off the play-offs with four games to go?

Surely the summer transfer business was exemplary. Only Blackman can truly be said to be a failed signing. We are MUCH stronger ON the pitch than last year. I truly believe this will be shown in the February, March and April time next year when last year we had a dismal run-in. This season I believe we have a great strength in depth.

Archived