IGNORED

It Gets Worse. Simply Not Good Enough.

Robbored

Todays performance today was simply not good enough. City made struggling Reading look like world beaters and in all honesty they deserved to win the game. Gerkin once again was the goalkeeper with most to do and that says everything about the game.

City were pedestrian, drab, no width again (when was the last time we saw a City player cross from the by-line?) predictable and not able to hang to a 1-0 lead fo the umpteenth time. No service to Maynard who was limited to long shots.

I don't know why but I was feeling optimistic before todays game and line-up looked good on paper but after 30mins despite being a goal up the writing was on the wall. It was a case of 'been here, got the T-shirt'.

Johnson/Millen just aren't producing a team that capable of defending a lead or createing sufficient goal scoring chances. I really believe that under any other management team these current City players would be playing a far more attacking game and winning far more matches. Its one win in seven now and its hard to see where the next win is coming from.

No doubt todays dropped home points will be down to the players of course. I can't wait to hear the post-match interview.

We could easily go through a dictionary to describe the performances of late but i'll just stick with the word Pathetic.

And lets forget the conceding another late goal because that isnt my main concern. What concerns me is the way Bristol City is performing and what exactly they are doing on the training field.

Today we played a team without a manager and 4 places from the bottom.Reading today simply outplayed us for 90% of that game. Our passing when it did happen, was sluggish and poor. We were damn lucky we got a point.

I cant help but think about Tony Pulis. remember that drivel he got us playing and how we cheered he buggered off to Portsmouth with many gladly offering the lift to the South coast ? Is the football being served up at the moment any better ? How long will it be when the " we Love you Johnson..." song ceases when many start realising he will be living off the back of getting promotion in 2007.

And for once I want to see our "Manager" come out and explain things rather than send out millen to give us bull**** that needing wingers is a myth. Gary Johnson is supposed to be the leader of this team and its about time he showed it.

come January its a must Johnsons NEEDS to get two wingers in, revert back to 4-4-2 and keep it that way.

Either that or stand down and let someone else do it.

In all seriousness, and I mean this, that wasn't much better than the defeat to Carlisle. The side was, yet again, shapeless, had no width and not enough players appeared to know what they were doing. When I hear Keith Millen talk about the "myth" of wingplay and then I see midfield players running round today thinking "who the f00k1ng hell am I meant to pass the ball to" then I seriously have to question whether this Management duo are fast running out of ideas and have reached their upper limit.

The result was daylight robbery. Reading played all the football and should have absolutely battered us 6-1 and the fact they didn't was a combination of Dean Gerken making outstanding saves AGAIN and abysmal finishing. Johnson will doubtless go on the radio blaming players and the flat atmosphere but I place the blame fairly and squarely on his shoulders. Can't the chosen one own up to his tactical inadequacies just the once? He is the one getting paid all the bucks, totally f00k1ng things up and ruining the whole football watching experience for many supporters. The formation he put out there was an embarrassment that should have been changed after only 15 minutes.

I don't care how close we are to the play-offs because the football is absolutely appalling and if GJ cannot produce better than that over the remainder of the season then he really should consider giving someone else a go. That was plain $h1t - a total mess. I will be going to QPR next week and anything better than a 3-0 defeat will be a bonus in my eyes.

I dread to think what season ticket numbers will be next season.

I really am considering just not bothering on the 28th. Quite simply, it is very unlikely to be enjoyable.

That would be the first time for a very, very long time I've missed a home game through choice.

Im meant to be going to QPR. Wish i wasnt now but my passenger deliberately didnt book a coach so I have no choice

I really am considering just not bothering on the 28th. Quite simply, it is very unlikely to be enjoyable.

That would be the first time for a very, very long time I've missed a home game through choice.

My protest is to save my cash and knock the Cardiff FA Cup game on the head. I can say with 200% certainty that the club are not going to see me that day.

I really believe that under any other management team these current City players would be playing a far more attacking game and winning far more matches.

Virtually everything that you posted was reasonable, but come on, that statement is probably a bit silly, 'any other management team' or perhaps you dream of 'The Legend' returning or your mates from darkside taking over, or clueless, or Benny the bolt or ????????

That was seriously bad today. I'm beginning to lose faith in what GJ is trying to do and the football is shocking.

The most entertaining thing was the ref with the red card that wasn't and then the Church who got booked as sub and must have forgot it when he scored.

Even Sno who I rate very highly was shocking today- I'm not sure he made one pass to a team mate.

Obviously I'll keep going, the same as when we were bottom of League 1, but something has to change and fast.

Oh and I was quite impressed with Reading. I've seen them on TV before and they looked OK but missed a lot of chances (same as today). They should have won by at least 3.

Virtually everything that you posted was reasonable, but come on, that statement is probably a bit silly, 'any other management team' or perhaps you dream of 'The Legend' returning or your mates from darkside taking over, or clueless, or Benny the bolt or ????????

Sean O'Driscoll perhaps. I can more or less guarantee that with him in charge we would see some long overdue football at Ashton Gate. I would love to see GJ take us to the next level but with every passing home game I am doubting more and more whether he has what it takes to produce a decent footballng side that can get results.

Sean O'Driscoll perhaps. I can more or less guarantee that with him in charge we would see some long overdue football at Ashton Gate. I would love to see GJ take us to the next level but with every passing home game I am doubting more and more whether he has what it takes to produce a decent footballng side that can get results.

Agreed, for along I have been saying SOD would be GJ replacement. Didn't think he would be needed so soon though. Maybe our management team are happy sitting on there nice 5 year contracts which make them pretty much untouchable.

Unfortunately I think that an appalling attendance for this match is the only language that "anti-football" Johnson and Steve Lansdown will understand.

The attendance will be blamed on it being "Black Saturday" and nothing else. I finished work at 2pm this afternoon and couldn't be fussed trudging across Bristol. This is so rare that even my own Mother has been asking me if I am ok.

Disgraceful. Not only the conceding of yet another late goal but the overall performance. How on earth we haven't heavily lost that game is beyond me. Can only think of one real chance all game other than the penalty, that being Carey's in the second half. Orr and Mccalister do not have what it takes to be wing backs, they are decent full backs don't get me wrong, but they cannot play as wing backs, the lack of width gives us no outlet, the service to Clarkson and especially Maynard, who is clearly a very good finisher is appaling, when do we ever play him in on goal with a good ball? Nearly every goal he's scored this season is down to either a wonder strike or a brilliant Paul Hartley pass and Barnsley is the only time he's scored when actually being played through one-on-one. Without Skuse and Hartley today I highly doubt we'd have got anything. We need to sort it out fast, and the most worrying factor for me is we're now 22 games into the season and we don't even know our best formation, let alone our best team.

The attendance will be blamed on it being "Black Saturday" and nothing else. I finished work at 2pm this afternoon and couldn't be fussed trudging across Bristol. This is so rare that even my own Mother has been asking me if I am ok.

I'm talking about the Cardiff match, not today. Do we blame the atrocious football served up by Gary Johnson and his management team on "Black Saturday" as well?!!

Well hes certainly doing the business for Donny think that 5 wins on the bounce now. Lets face it since our win away to Reading last season we have been mostly poor with the odd good result. We are far too inconsistant and predictable.

Surely Mr Lansdown is concerned how the team are performing on the pitch?? With January just around the corner i hope we are going to bring in a few players to freshen the side up.

Unfair to Steve Lansdown.

Guest david wka

I cant understand with one of the smallest front lines in the league the balls played over the top. its just to easy for the reading rear guard. surely its got to be played into feet.......................

Steve Lansdown is cashing up for us. It's not working at the moment but do not blame him!

I'm not blaming Steve Lansdown. I put the blame fairly and squarely at the door of Gary "anti-football" Johnson and NOBODY ELSE. I can't even bear to listen to the little man these days as he trots out the same garbage week after week. The man is never going to address the real issues, because the local hacks are all $h1t scared of him, and he would do us all a favour if he never dealt with the press ever again.

today i got up at 2:15pm and it takes me an hour to get into bristol from where i live and i thought that there is no point going in as i would of missed quarter of the match, in the end i decided to go in.

I was listening on the radio hearing that Reading were all over city and i thought great here we go again, i get in and after 5mins of watching i counted 7 miss placed passes/passes that were totally useless. The only people doing anything was Gerken, Skuse and hartley. Clarkson was trying to help out but he seemed to not know where to play. Then in the last 10mins i was going to leave early to get away from traffic. I thought better not i might wait a few more minutes and some Muppet behind me shouted right in my ear "ref you t0sser stop blowing the whistle every 2 seconds" Which was strange cus the ref let the game flow quite well in my opinion. I then leave and joked to my mate "o let me guess reading will win this game" Still city being 1-0 up i get in the car turn radio on and hear reading have scored and that they even might win the game.

I can tell you that i would have more fun watching paint dry.

all i got out of today was a sore ear from some fool shouting in my ear :(

and a matchday programme.

Im sorry this football must change it is very very bad. :disapointed2se:

Merry xmas

Archived