IGNORED

Gary Johnson Must Go - Merged Topics

Cardy

I fully support GJ but I wish he would revert to his Yeovil instincts - to attack, entertain the crowd and score more goals then the opposition. The problem is if he wants to play 5 - 3 -2 he really can't attack without playing players suited to the wing-back position and we haven't got them. I thought Rebeiro would have been ideally suited to that role. It puzzles me that GJ has gone from being almost cavalier in his attacking instincts at Yeovil to being obsessed with preventing the opposition from scoring. Of course the Championship is a different and a highly competitive league but I don't think with the players in the squad (plus the outlet of a decent winger) we would have less points from adopting a more attacking approach. Certainly the games would of course be much more entertaining. I don't think fans would be critical of 9th place if the football was entertaining.

If GJ and the staff conclude Rebeiro is not ready then I think he needs to bring in two wing-backs and a left winger in the January window. The Club have lost 5 wide players from the first team squad since the summer and recruited none, players lost :- Blackman, Mcindoe, Rebeiro (on loan), Myrie Williams and, through injury, Sproule.

If Lee trundle leaves and a 2m offer comes in for Marvin Elliot then that gives plenty of scope for the necessary signings. GJ is a winner though. He has won at every level he has managed at and he will do so at this level. He knows the problems (some self-inflicted by pre-season transfer dealings) but can only put them right in January. I'm convinced he will do so and SL strikes me as a loyal chairman who is astute enough to give GJ enough time. I've got little doubt that he will get the Club promotion within the next two or three years because he is driven to be a winner. I'm hope he reflects back to his Yeovil approach and starts getting the players to relax, attack and enjoy their football but in order to achieve that it's crucial he recruits wide players in January.

I've got little doubt that he will get the Club promotion within the next two or three years because he is driven to be a winner. I'm hope he reflects back to his Yeovil approach and starts getting the players to relax, attack and enjoy their football but in order to achieve that it's crucial he recruits wide players in January.

I admire your optimism, but it's misplaced.

If Johnson gets us promotion in the next two to three years, it'll be promotion back to the Championship. The form and results of the last two months, if it carries on for much longer, is going to see us relegated back to League One.

Sorry Jordan but what you dont allow for is just how bad the football has got mate. I know you are working now most Saturdays but if you had to watch we have, you would not be happy.

Now doubting I wouldn't be happy Paul, but i certainly would show a bit more patience than this. I mean, do people seriously think we have a right to just walk through this division playing barcelona style football scoring 7 a game?

yes, we've come a long way... but why does everyone genuinly expect us to be world beaters? I mean... had we not taken this division by storm in our first year up and struggled to survive would anyone be bemoaning GJ now? no.

We've come further under GJ's management than ever could have been expected after Tinman pretty much tore the club apart. so, in my opinion he deserves a shit load more respect than he gets on this forum.

Now doubting I wouldn't be happy Paul, but i certainly would show a bit more patience than this. I mean, do people seriously think we have a right to just walk through this division playing barcelona style football scoring 7 a game?

yes, we've come a long way... but why does everyone genuinly expect us to be world beaters?

Nobody thinks this sort of exaggerated crap, not even close so why make it up? Nobody expects promotion, let alone barcelona style football. I doubt you will even find anybody that expects playoffs. I think most fans will be happy results wise to be in with a shout of the playoffs until the last few games - IF - the games weren't such turgid dire shite to watch.

I mean... had we not taken this division by storm in our first year up and struggled to survive would anyone be bemoaning GJ now? no.

We've come further under GJ's management than ever could have been expected after Tinman pretty much tore the club apart. so, in my opinion he deserves a shit load more respect than he gets on this forum.

Respect is reciprocal - perhaps fans are tired of being treated like mugs (width is a myth!!) and blamed when things go wrong?

GJ has earned time to put it right, he has not earned carte blanche to persist with something that is clearly and obviously flawed for no reason other than stubbornness.

Archived