IGNORED

Looking Forward To Watford Game On Monday.

reddogkev

Have to say guys, seems like there is an unbelievable amount of moaners on here at the moment (but it is probably just the usual 5 or 6 usual faces making all the noise - you know who you are!)

It gives me the impression that most people on here are getting bored of going to the Gate. This baffles me and drives me mad! I can't imagine not loooking forward to going to a footie game, because you never know what the hell is going to happen, and the result can never truly be predicted, despite what we may all think.

We are footie fans for God's sake, and you should love following the club, through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad.

Anyway, back to my point, roll on Monday, I cannot bloody wait for the match...... Come on you reds! Let's kick Watford's butt!

Have to say guys, seems like there is an unbelievable amount of moaners on here at the moment (but it is probably just the usual 5 or 6 usual faces making all the noise - you know who you are!)

It gives me the impression that most people on here are getting bored of going to the Gate. This baffles me and drives me mad! I can't imagine not loooking forward to going to a footie game, because you never know what the hell is going to happen, and the result can never truly be predicted, despite what we may all think.

We are footie fans for God's sake, and you should love following the club, through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad.

Anyway, back to my point, roll on Monday, I cannot bloody wait for the match...... Come on you reds! Let's kick Watford's butt!

Elton John's Watford United are there to be trounced.....ahem....but anything better for us than a 1-1 draw - with the Watford equalizer coming in the final minutes - will be a real bonus. :icecream:

Being the eternal optimist I'll predict BCFC 3 Watford 1. :winner_third_h4h:

There are still problems there - we go route one far too often and totally waste the use of Maynard and Haynes.

I dunno where the people happy with how we are playing hang out, but they don't seem to sit anywhere near me at home or away games. I am always hearing the same issues as I mention, no width, slow pedestrian play, lose the ball too easily, route one play etc etc

BUT.....

Following that showing second half, I am looking forward to Watford at home more than when I was this game I just went to.

Its because I'm a footie fan that I'll be at AG on Monday.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to the game with any optism or enthusiasm. It'll be the same dross that we've been exposed most of the season. Lots of possesion but little quality service to our strikers. No midfielders ahead of the strikers with crosses from way to deep positions. All the while the City faithfull will be getting more and more frustrated and when Watford score a late winner or equaliser - the boos will be so loud that even Steve Lansdown will hear them.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to the game with any optism or enthusiasm. It'll be the same dross that we've been exposed most of the season. Lots of possesion but little quality service to our strikers. No midfielders ahead of the strikers with crosses from way to deep positions. All the while the City faithfull will be getting more and more frustrated and when Watford score a late winner or equaliser - the boos will be so loud that even Steve Lansdown will hear them.

Glad to hear you'll be there Monday, but don't let the previous home games sour your expectation of the match, take each game as a fresh start, because anything can happen to affect the match and alter your forecast of the game.

Get that fire back in your belly Robbo - I reckon we'll win 2-0 Monday. Also looking forward to seeing Maynard now that his confidence should rise.

Get that fire back in your belly Robbo

How I would love that Reddog, but I and many City fans haven't experienced such a feeling for at least a season and a half, probably longer.

Its hard to cultivate any enthusiam when we know pretty much what it will be like. Dour, little goal mouth action (at the right end) and a disapointing result.

Elton John's Watford United are there to be trounced.....ahem....but anything better for us than a 1-1 draw - with the Watford equalizer coming in the final minutes - will be a real bonus. :icecream:

Being the eternal optimist I'll predict BCFC 3 Watford 1. :winner_third_h4h:

There must be two Red Goblin's on here then........ :innocent06:

There must be two Red Goblin's on here then........ :innocent06:

I am optimistic and I have been since we were relegated in 1980 - one day I will again see Bristol City FC play top flight football. :winner_third_h4h:

With the Chairman we've now got pumping in the cash we can't be too far off. A bit of fine tuning with - maybe - a new management team could see us back in the top flight sooner rather than later. :innocent06:

Guest zider_head

Must admit if I wasnt a season ticket holder I wouldnt be going Monday its that hard work to make the trip to the gate and the cost of around 30 quid would also put me right off I assume this is why were are sadly playing in front of 14,000 (cant blame anyone for not turning up to watch this rubbish)

I enjoy the craic with the lads i go with we have been saying for a few months now that the footie is hard work and a waste of 120 mins we could spend in the pub (which we do a few hours before and a hour after) it just dosent get me going at present.

Its dull, predictable and spineless at best.

People are starting to vote with there feet, That paints the picture.

I would rather lose 3-2 and have a go than watch boring 1-0 (defend for 80 mins) or 0-0 draws, I know ither will say its the result but surely the reason we go to and support our local clubs is for entertainment and the love of the club, I will never lose my love of BCFC but the entertainment factor went out of it mid last season sadly, the crowd atmospehere and stewarding dont help.

And no "East Enders " I dont want to bounce around after watching nil nil against some poor sides like boro thanks.....

Thank you for that. We may not be getting the results or even the tactics & style we want, but nearly every one has (presumably) sung "We'll support you evermore" at some time or another.

Look lower down to League 1 and Stockport have had 10 straight defeats yet their fans still attend home and away as do the followers of Darlington who are nearly 20 points adrift at the bottom of the entrie League.

The final game of the 81-82 season; City knew they were relegated to Div 4 but over 3,000 turned up for the final game of the season. I've always maintained those are the truest City fans.

Getting back to Monday,......................."Come on you reds"!

I'm getting up at six o clock in the morning to go. I'm travelling back the same day. I wish I could afford to do this every match, but I can't.

I know we're going through a bad run, but I for one want to be there when the turnaround happens. It won't be long....

So, yes I am looking forward to it.

C'mon City.

Thats the exact reason I'm not looking forward to going on Monday, We will come flying out the blocks go 1 up and then sit back, Then in the 89th minute let in a equaliser.

I always look forward to a game, it seems whether we're doing really well, ok, or shite I look forward to the next match just as much, apart from the odd one you get really fired up for! I'm looking forward to Watford to see if we can play positively again. If we go in for the kill I truly believe we will comfortably beat Watford. However I suspect we'll attempt to hold on to a one-goal lead, and probably concede late on as others have mentioned. Although I'm feeling more positive about Watford than I have for a few games, then again that could just be on gut feeling, which tbf is a load of bollocks!

It gives me the impression that most people on here are getting bored of going to the Gate. This baffles me and drives me mad! I can't imagine not loooking forward to going to a footie game, because you never know what the hell is going to happen,

Well over the last 18 months ive known whats going to happen most weeks :noexpression:

Yes i am bored of going to the gate, ive been going over 30 years and its the first time ever that ive felt this way.

In the early 80's we knew we would lose but you always had that feel that every player was giving his all, at the moment half the side are afraid to take risks IMO, that can only be rectified if the manager takes some of the shackles off and "goes for it" a bit more.

Archived