IGNORED

As It's All Doom And Gloom On Here

cityfan

OUT

Jamie McCombe (Rubbish).

Lee Johnson (Decent enough but just not worth the trouble him being in and around the side causes and the grief he and the manager get).

Lee Trundle (Seems to be doing okay at Swansea but clearly isnt in the Managers plans).

The Acadamy (Is there any point? 7 subs and they rarely get a place on the bench nevermind the pitch) .

Any other players we are going to play out of position.

IN

Some wingers and maybe a full back - Cant think of too many off the top of my head (Would love to see Halmosi down the gate) though im sure GJ has done his research after recent results and will address the problem.

mcCombe( good in the air but what 6ft5 player aint)

McCallister( gets caught out too much. Plenty of effort but not good enough)Prob because he is isolated with no one to back him up on the left.

Johnson( not because its garys son, just dont cut it in this division)

Sproule( not good enough, full stop) forget the wonder goal, that was a one off

Name

Play 4-4-2 regardless, and then if need be, that formation can easily adapt to 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-4 etc.. and make sure we play a settled back four over and over again so they know each others game inside out.

GJ should choose his first choice two central midfielders, and two back up central midfielders. He should then get rid of the rest of the central midfielders to free up wages.

We should then make sure we have two wingers for both the right and left side the pitch. They don't necessarily have to out-and-out wingers like the Murray's, Smiths, Bent's, but a mixture so you get the classy Tinnion's and Gavin's as well as the speed merchants.

Saborio should go as he's not scoring enough and his target man skills aren't upto scratch. THE BALL JUST DOESN'T STICK!

I'd rather use John Akinde as a rough diamond and gain him experience. BTW, I'm guessing the goal ratio for playing for City between Akinde an Saborio must be pretty similar?

That'll do for the moment, can't make too many changes at this stage of the season.

Trundle is the only one I'd definately let go. Everyone else has a role to play imo.

The more important factors are who Johnson brings in. City's squad is very clearly unbalanced particularly down the left side. The problem for any manager is that quality left sided players are in short supply. It would be no surprise to see Johnson fail to sign one but it won't be for the lack of trying.

OUT

Trundle (save on wages)

McCombe (not that good in the air, in both penalty areas plus the worst distribution I have ever seen)

ALL the academy players on loan to League 1 sides.

IN

1 quick left winger/left midfield player

1 experienced, dominating centre half

BCAGFC

By the start of August 2010 I'd like to see:

OUT

Saborio (wages)

Sno (wages)

Trundle (wages)

Basso (wages)

Elliot (wages)

McCombe

Sproule

Lee Johnson (I like him as a back-up, but I want to see who all the negative barstewards on here will pick on next and undermine).

DEVELOPED / PLAYING MORE

Akinde

Clarkson

Artus

Wilson

Ribeiro

Jackson

IN

Left-winger

Left-back (let's try a second Blackman from somewhere)

Right-wing

Lee Trundle

Adriano Basso

Both burned bridges.

Jame McCombe

Brian Wilson

Ivan Sproule

Lee Johnson

Gavin Williams

None of those are good enough to be first team regulars in a top six side.

Realistically it will be impossible to have that sort of clear out in January.

In:

Left winger

Right winger

Left back

Experienced Centre Half

Goalkeeper to compete with Gerken

Lose all the players here on loan :noexpression:, cause they arent really here; lose all the players out on loan :noexpression: because if they were any good they wouldnt be.

Spend some money and buy class in the window, (this wont happen as we have no money) do not bring in whats left at the end of the window on loan :disapointed2se:

Simple really. Oh and if GJ dosent know what we need and who we dont need now, he never will. Come on Garry sort it. :tumbleweed::fastasleep:

Lee Trundle

Adriano Basso

Both burned bridges.

Jame McCombe

Brian Wilson

Ivan Sproule

Lee Johnson

Gavin Williams

None of those are good enough to be first team regulars in a top six side.

Realistically it will be impossible to have that sort of clear out in January.

In:

Left winger

Right winger

Left back

Experienced Centre Half

Goalkeeper to compete with Gerken

I agree on your comments on Basso and Trundle although it is sad. Brian Wilson simply because he is frequently injured, no other reason.

Bring back Akinde, blood Ribiero at Right Back because Orr is only okay in my opinion and find wingers if we can. Can't see Sproule, McCombe or Johnson going anywhere until the end of the season though

Guest zider_head

Out

Basso (He dont wanna be here)

Trundle (He wants ti be at Swansea)

Sabario (What does he add ?)

McCombe (Out of his depth)

Johnson (lee not Gary just yet) (cant tackle, cant head and isnt that brilliant passing wise and its a headache out the way)

Wilson (Brian) (dont add anything to the squad)

Elliot (if someone comes in with a million plus let him go)

Sproule (Shame we couldnt do with him wha Redknapp has done with Lennon i.e teach him to cross)

Sno (unless were going to play to the lads strengths let him go back to Ajax)

In

Keeper (if the yough keepers isnt good enough for number 3 spot, not urgent)

Left Back (no cover at all someone to push mccalister)

Wilson (James) (Cover for both centre backs which could allow Nyantanga / Font to cover left back if required)

Right Wing (Haynes isnt a right winger we need a out and out Murray replacement)

Left Wing (remeber a bloke called Mcindoe someone a bit like him who can beat and a man cross and score the odd goal)

Target Man (depending on what type of football we play, Akinde isnt one but can cause problems

Loans

Artus (why did we offer the lad a new contract ?)

Akinde (Currently suspended and on a 24 hour recall = fine)

Riberio (on a 24 hour recall = fine)

This wont all happen in Jan but should in the close season if not, hardly Rockey Science is it ???

Whils agreeing tha Saborio/Sno aren't adding too much, I'm not sure we have he say over whether they stay or go. We've taken both on season long loans, so unless parent clubs are desperate to get them; they are here till May.

Basso, Trundle, McCoombe, Wilson, Williams (1 start in 23 and 324 mins of football isn't value for £) all look possible movers. Basso/Trunds I'd expect to move, Wilson/Williams/McCoombe I'm not sure. Would you pay Wilsons wages at present (no disrespect to BW). McCoombe is a free in the summer, so can see a club (prob lower champs/new champs picking him up then), Williams has quality in very, very brief flashes....

I think the only way we will see J.Wilson, Ribeiro will be if we have nothing to play for by about Easter and they get 10 or so games.

I think the summer will be more interesting. You can be sure Basso/Trunds won't be here then and I'd expect several others to be moved on also. Sno/Saborio - unlikely we will pay for them, Carey?, Lee J, Elliott?

These 5 would be at the top of my list

Lee Johnson (I think it's best for him and the club)

Adriano Basso (wants to go)

Jamie McCombe (big man just aint up to it)

Gavin Williams (I still cant see a role for him)

Lee Trundle (wants to go)

If offers came in I would consider offers for

Bradley Orr (still can't see why people seem to love him?)

Ivan Sproule (moments of magic come only once a season, and we've already had it this season)

Marvin Elliott (not the player of 2 years ago)

Priority comming in must be

A left and right winger

A dominant center half

A striker to take the pressure off Maynard (Kevin Phillips has been mentioned as someone Brum maybe willing to let go?)

Interesting specualtions about who & why should / could go, but for each player deemed "not good enough" or "can't quite cut it in this league", other clubs may decide if they are not good enough for Bristol City, they're not good enough for them either. We could be stuck with certain players until their contracts expire.

I doubt that we will be able to off-load most of the players mentioned, simply because of wages, and because they are hardly attractive signings. If Swansea don't sign Trundle, I can see us paying off his contract. Basso remains an enigma, although Sheffield Utd might be in the market for a keeper. I have a feeling that Elliott might go, probably on a low up-front fee with loads of add-ons. Other possibles are Skuse, as he should be in demand due to versatility and I think he has great potential at Championship level, or maybe Maynard if we get a decent offer. It will give GJ a bit of cash to bring balance to the squad, and if he can bring in a forward who can hold the ball, we have Clarkson/ Saborio to play the 'striker' role.

Big problem is that we have plenty of mediocre players on good wages, a high wage bill, and few saleable assets.

In squad number order:

McCombe

Elliott

Johnson

Williams

Sproule

Trundle

Saborio

Bring back loan players and play them

Play formation that players are comfortable with (442 seems to work better than 532)

Practice crosses

Practice moving into space when we have possession, give the player with ball someone to pass to

Just a few changes needed then!

Archived