IGNORED

That Was A Bit Better, Despite The Result

Robbored

Despite yet another late equaliser (thats 6 injury time goals conceded this season) I actually thought that today performance was a bit better than what we've seen for most of this season at AG.

Haynes had a cracking game on the right and deservedd his goal. He was threat all game and it was possibly the best game I've seen from him in a City shirt. Cole Skuse just edged him imo for MoM. Skuuuuse was simply fantastic again. It would be no surprise to hear of some PL interest in the January window for him.

City played with a bit more purpose but maybe went long a little too often which was the wrong option most of the time but at least the tempo was a bit higher and with Haynes being so lively that caused Watford problems.

Considering the shite we've seen for most of this season at AG todays game was a bit more entertaining and end to end. With such an open game both keepers are likely to be busy and they both pulled off some cracking saves although Deano was the busier.

Maybe Nyatanga getting a red card psychologically effected the City players because yet again they couldn't get out when Watford pushed forward toward the end and frankly the late equaliser simply caused a groan amongst those around me. We all expected it.

Hopefully the players won't be too devastated by the late goal again. The performance was a bit more encourageing and considering they've been playing in a restricted fashion for most of the season they should take heart from what a more entertaining game. Hopefully Johnson will send them out with the same remit against Cardiff on the 2nd Jan.

• Admin
All this, and we got shafted big-time by the officials. The red was an utter joke and that leveller had more than a few traces of offside to it.

I'd say Nyatanga's second yellow was a definite caution, I can't recall what the first was for. Fonts was fouled though in the move that won the corner they equalised from. :(

On a side note, what did Clarkson do to piss the ref off so much? He spent the whole afternoon being pushed each time he jumped and every time the ref penalised him. Meanwhile the Watford players could jump into our defenders whilst not looking at the ball and nothing would be given. :dunno:

All this, and we got shafted big-time by the officials. The red was an utter joke and that leveller had more than a few traces of offside to it.

Why was the red card a joke? late bad tackle, could and might have broke the bloke leg, wasn't going down to 10 men that cost us the game, but the subs,why take Maynard and Haynes off? did the players he brought on offer more, I don't think so.

Hahaha. You've spouted some crap in your time, but this takes it up a notch.

You clearly weren't there then, because Skuse was by far and away the best player on the pitch.

He was absolutely fantastic for the entire game, a real top quality performance from Skuse.

I think today was better, but only slightly. We created more than in recent weeks and we looked quite dangerous when getting Haynes on the ball down the right. On the other hand the defense wasn't good at all and we could have easily let in a few more. I think the draw was the right result but we still need to work on killing teams off when we have the lead as we are not very good at defending 1 goal leads.

I thought Skuse, Harltey and Haynes had very good games. Maynard started brightly but faded towards the end. The defense looked shakey and I noticed Orr and McAllister having a go at Gerken when they played him some awfull back passes!

Come back when this has been made official. He won't be in the EPL come 1 February.

He was the subject of two clubs tracking him from the top flight in previous seasons gone by.

Just because you don't like the chap, doesn't mean everyone does.

Completely agree. Was a much better performance than in recent weeks and was the type of full blooded and commited performance we have been missing. The last minute goal was frustrating, yes, but with performances like that we will win more than we lose. At least we played with a bit of width and passion.

PS: Am I the only person who thought the equaliser was offside? It looked like the guy who headed it across came back from an offside position.

Also, from where I was sitting I though Nyatanga got the ball and although the player got injured it was because he pulled out of the challenge?

I don't not like him. But there is no way on earth that anyone from this City squad is going to end up in the EPL come 1 February.

This forum has a habit of over reacting wether it be good or bad.

Previous players tipped for the top flight include Scott Brown and Simon Clist f.f.s

But Skuse is turning in quality performances in the Championship on a weekly basis. Why would it be such a surprise to see a bid from an EPL club next month? He's young & English for starters, just like Maynard.

I would not be at all surprised to see a bid from a big club next month.

He got the ball first

No he didn't. It was a blatant yellow card and closer to a red than nothing. He just chopped the fella down.

Hahaha. You've spouted some crap in your time, but this takes it up a notch.

Good one. As others have stated PL clubs have enquired about him.

Come back when this has been made official. He won't be in the EPL come 1 February.

Stoke made an approach for him, it was well documented. Noone said he will be, just that it wouldn't be surprising if people made enquiries about him come January. He's a quality, young, versatile and English player who has been consistently brilliant all season.

First half we were much better, 2nd half we were just as poor as usual, AGAIN the away team were robbed, I don't care about our disallowed goal or that we had 10 men, What I care about is once again we were out battled and out fought at home once again and that is unacceptable.

I thought it was a much better games, both sides playing positively and playing some good football. A disappointing end once again, but at least it was an enjoyable game. Ref was a bit iffy at times, but I had no complaints with the sending off, equalising goal looked a bit questionable, and Watford looked to have a decent penalty claim first half. No point blaming him. I even thought that the substitutions were OK, at least we did not have continuous formation changes today.

I can see some offers coming in for Skuse, a very good player and his versatility is a bonus, can't see us getting too many offers for Marv though. Clarkson is looking like yet another massive waste of cash.

It was MUCH better today - I'm taking a visitor from the States to their first match on Saturday...and I'm looking forward to it. Grateful I've got a secure club on and off the pitch to take them along to. Today had passion and guts and had of course a frustrating end - but that was a decent match. Dunno who else reads the programme notes but SL is spot on for me when he asks people to reflect on our position as an established Championship club so shortly after spending the best part of a decade in League One...

...and he also points out that we now look down on so many of the clubs - Southampton, Norwich, Charlton...and at the moment Ipswich, Derby, Coventry and Watford...we once complained we should be emulating.

It'll take several years to get us into the Prem...After so many years of underachievement I'll be patient. We need the new stadium first. Good to see some of our youngsters on the bench.

What formation did we play today?

Sounds like it was a 4-4-2 from wat i can pick up with haynes on the right and marv(?) on the left?

IMO skuse is top class, but hes also a bristol born city fan getting regular games and good support at an adequete level for him so i dont think he will be moving on, but getting offers from the prem for him is not out of the question, portsmouth got a bit of cash atm dont they? )or did that hole takeover thing go tits up?)

*also wanna add that i agree with red badgers post, things are much better than they hav been at any point in the last 10 years imo

Archived