IGNORED

Lee Johnson

redpole

The length of time you've been watching City does not make you an expert - in fact, you could say given our lack of success on the pitch, that watching City is not the best way to educate yourself on the finer points of the game - althogh you could certainly argue that it gives you an insight into how not to be successful!!

It MAY not make you an expert, agreed. But when you have been watching/playing/coaching football week in week out for 30 plus years it does help you actually understand the game.

A lot of people on here have been watching/playing/coaching the game a LOT longer than most of the managers we see in the dug outs.

So who is to say that there arent people on here who do know more about the game than some of the managers out there?.

For instance,the current manager of Tranmere is there physio :noexpression: , a lot comes down to being in the right place at the right time and being given that chance.

It MAY not make you an expert, agreed. But when you have been watching/playing/coaching football week in week out for 30 plus years it does help you actually understand the game.

A lot of people on here have been watching/playing/coaching the game a LOT longer than most of the managers we see in the dug outs.

So who is to say that there arent people on here who do know more about the game than some of the managers out there?.

For instance,the current manager of Tranmere is there physio :noexpression: , a lot comes down to being in the right place at the right time and being given that chance.

Maybe I can be mischevious here and suggest that, if oyu've been coaching for 30 odd years without being in the "right place at the right time" then maybe it is saying that you don't understand the game as well as you think? Just a thought - don't take it too seriously though!!!

Maybe I can be mischevious here and suggest that, if oyu've been coaching for 30 odd years without being in the "right place at the right time" then maybe it is saying that you don't understand the game as well as you think? Just a thought - don't take it too seriously though!!!

No where in my post do i suggest i am talking about myself :noexpression:

What i am saying is, there are people who watch football who DO know what there talking about.

Professional managers dont have a monopoly on the knowledge of the game.

No where in my post do i suggest i am talking about myself :noexpression:

What i am saying is, there are people who watch football who DO know what there talking about.

Professional managers dont have a monopoly on the knowledge of the game.

Maybe it shoud have read " If ONE has been coaching for .... etc etc" Like I said - don't take it too seriously.

Mindjuicer - you're wasting your breath - these people have been watching City since goodness knows when and that gives them a unique insight into football that no other person in the world could possibly have. Goodness knows why they haven't been snapped up to manage real clubs.

I forget you 2 are such experts. And clearly you will know a lot more about both football and Bristol City if you have watched them all of your life.

I forget you 2 are such experts. And clearly you will know a lot more about both football and Bristol City if you have watched them all of your life.

Well, can'speak for MJ, but I don't think I said that I know more than people on here.

dont rise the the bait my friend.

Cheese loves to come on here and stir up a bit of debate, im still waiting for him to add to the little debate we had a few months back about "what does / did Lee Johnson bring to the team"

Although what do I know....im not an expert :innocent06:

JOHNSON DETERMINED TO PLAY HIS PART

Posted on: Wed 06 Jan 2010

Lee Johnson says he is determined to make the most of his month on loan at Derby County.

The 28-year-old joined the Rams on loan from Bristol City last Friday and made his debut as a half-time substitute in the FA Cup 3rd Round tie at Millwall 24 hours later.

With a busy month on the horizon, Johnson is relishing the prospect of getting plenty of football under his belt in a Derby shirt.

He told dcfc.co.uk: "I'm really looking forward to the month; it is a great move for me and I'm looking forward to - hopefully - playing some games.

"I've settled in really quickly and the lads have made me feel like part of the furniture already which I thank everyone for.

"It is a great club; to come here to a club with 30,000 crowds every week is fantastic.

"I believe Derby is the biggest club I have played for during my career.

"I'm excited about the opportunity and I hope we can get some good results whilst I'm here.

"I can't wait to get out at Pride Park and show the fans what I can do.

"I've enjoyed playing at Pride Park in the past in front of 30,000 people and I can't wait to be on their side."

Johnson isn't looking any further into the future than his current month with Nigel Clough's side.

"I don't know what the situation is at Bristol at the moment, but obviously the powers that be have decided it is the right time to go out on loan," he said.

"I'm in a fortunate position at the moment to be involved with two great clubs.

"I'll see how it goes and see what happens.

"The good thing about coming here is that we have so many games this month.

"We have some big games with teams around us in the table and also a local derby against Forest at the end of the month so I hope I can be involved in all the games and play my part."

I'm sure someone will get their pants in a twist about him calling Derby a bigger club but they are and it seems a perfectly reasonable set of comments to make to me. He's not burning any bridges but very enthusiastic about Derby and coy about why he's on loan. Sensible enough.

I'm sure someone will get their pants in a twist about him calling Derby a bigger club but they are and it seems a perfectly reasonable set of comments to make to me. He's not burning any bridges but very enthusiastic about Derby and coy about why he's on loan. Sensible enough.

Agreed. Their history just shows they are a bigger club . What i dont understand is that LJ does not know the situation in Bristol. Seems weird.

Agreed. Their history just shows they are a bigger club . What i dont understand is that LJ does not know the situation in Bristol. Seems weird.

Why would he know the situation in Bristol? He's just another player who will be the last to know the manager's thoughts.

Not really, LJ and GJ are too professional to allow their relationship to get in the way. For the same reason GJ wouldn't pick LJ just because of who he is. Thought everyone would realise that by now.

He does know the situation he's just not going to mention it in public because it doesn't help him or us.

Not really, LJ and GJ are too professional to allow their relationship to get in the way. For the same reason GJ wouldn't pick LJ just because of who he is. Thought everyone would realise that by now.
I can't say that this has always been obvious.......

The same way Tony Pulis kept his son at Stoke, or Fergie had his son at Man Utd? Are they too professional aswell.

The same way Tony Pulis kept his son at Stoke, or Fergie had his son at Man Utd? Are they too professional aswell.

Not sure about the point you're trying to make. Are you saying that neither Fergie or Pulis are professional and so that, by implication, neither is GJ? Other than they both employed their sons what other relevance is there to this? Fergie is a great manager - how does that impact on GJ? If Fergie was unprofessional to emply his son and pick solely because he was his son - how does that impact on GJ? Help me out here.

Not sure about the point you're trying to make. Are you saying that neither Fergie or Pulis are professional and so that, by implication, neither is GJ? Other than they both employed their sons what other relevance is there to this? Fergie is a great manager - how does that impact on GJ? If Fergie was unprofessional to emply his son and pick solely because he was his son - how does that impact on GJ? Help me out here.

Is it possible that they have/had a skewed opinion of their sons ability.

Is it possible that they have/had a skewed opinion of their sons ability.

Who knows? I certainly don't as I have not followed them nor seen either of them play. However, I would expect Fergie to have been professional enough not to have picked Darren because he was his son. Can't talk about the spawn of satan though.

Who knows? I certainly don't as I have not followed them nor seen either of them play. However, I would expect Fergie to have been professional enough not to have picked Darren because he was his son. Can't talk about the spawn of satan though.

Darren Ferguson was on Goals on Sunday weekend before last and certainly gave the impression that Fergie snr was harder on him than the other players, and admitted that ultimately he moved to Wolves because he wasn't good enough to play regularly in the side Fergie snr built with Ince and Keane.

Pulis Jnr is worse at football than me and has a contract because his dad wanted him to.

Lee Johnson? He's at the stage where he needs to find that move now and he's doing so.

I see Pulis jnr has two appearances for Stoke - so clearly he wasn't picked there for who he was.

But he was given a contract at nearly club pulis was at - despite no ability at all. When pulis loaned his son out to the lower leagues he did not do very well....

Ferguson on the other hand had a decent career and was probabaly a very good youngster that did not make it at the top level.

The Johnsons have had alot success together and Lee Johnson has played a key part. unlike pulis jnr who got a contract for just being his son... it would seem

Archived