IGNORED

Cardiff Game Called Off - Frozen Pitch

Longacre_red

That was a 3pm KO though, if it was going ahead today, the players would shortly need to be out on the pitch warming up which they can't do on a frozen pitch.

Can't think when we last had a home game called off due to the weather.

It was a 3pm kickoff = more time

duh

But you would feel more for a City player if he ripped his leg open making a tackle. Get some perspective.

How on earth would that help the east end end of the pitch unthaw?

You would end up with one unthawed end, and one thawed end.

And the game still wouldnt had been on.

Apologies to all. Just very frustrated give our current situation . Today was going to provide a much needed break before the trip to Palace.

I can't help but giggle at the fact the official site says those who have hospitality today can still go to the ground (presumably because they have already purchased/started cooking all the meals) Does that mean they will eat their meal and then go and sit out in their seats for 45 minutes, then head back in for a half time drink before going back out to watch an empty pitch for another 45 minutes?

:tumbleweed:

I can't believe that some people are blaming the ground staff. They would have been well aware of the low temperatures forcast for the last two nights and taken all the necessary precautions.

A temperature of -5 can't be protected against without undersoil heating. Hot air blowers wouldn't have been adequate either - especially with a 12.30pm k.o.

We can all be assurred that the ground staff did all they could.

I can't help but giggle at the fact the official site says those who have hospitality today can still go to the ground (presumably because they have already purchased/started cooking all the meals) Does that mean they will eat their meal and then go and sit out in their seats for 45 minutes, then head back in for a half time drink before going back out to watch an empty pitch for another 45 minutes?

Could be the best 90 minutes entertainment this season at least a draw result before injury time

Surely one way of resolving the situation would have been allowing the Cardiff supporters to travel - pen all 1400 of them in the east end and then delay kick-off, that way all their hot air, farts and belches would have warmed the ground up nicely by 3pm. Atleast that way the police wouldn't have to worry about them causing trouble before kick-off and the tv people still get their game broadcast.

Simples.

When do the people in hospitality ever watch 45 mins of footbll :innocent06:

I can't believe that some people are blaming the ground staff. They would have been well aware of the low temperatures forcast for the last two nights and taken all the necessary precautions.

A temperature of -5 can't be protected against without undersoil heating. Hot air blowers wouldn't have been adequate either - especially with a 12.30pm k.o.

We can all be assurred that the ground staff did all they could.

More annoyed that there was no mention of a pitch inspection on the website, if it wasn't for talksport we would have left before anything was posted.

Ufffff... :(

I could have seen it on Sky Italia... :(

I hope it will be broadcasted even if it has been postponed...

You should get yourself down to the ground for the hospitality sounds right up your street.

When the match is replayed do you think it will still be shown on the FA website or S4C?

There is no way I can make a mid week game.

I think they have to now that they've committed to showing it.

On another point, looking at some of the replies on this thread, it does appear that some people would blame the club for anything and everything. It was -5 degrees last night, a few plastic covers stand no chance.

Would it not have made sense to have invested in under-soil heating.. The club deffinetly were considering it a few years back but it was ruled it out as not being ''cost effective''. Clearly paying the likes of Trundle and basso thousands of pounds a week to sit on theer arse is :noexpression:

Surely one way of resolving the situation would have been allowing the Cardiff supporters to travel - pen all 1400 of them in the east end and then delay kick-off, that way all their hot air, farts and belches would have warmed the ground up nicely by 3pm. Atleast that way the police wouldn't have to worry about them causing trouble before kick-off and the tv people still get their game broadcast.

Simples.

:icecream: :icecream: :icecream: Quality..you forgot the sheep shite which would make for a mega icy potato patch like the sad sags excuse though

they cant, you the very geenrous taxpayer to the Govt & EU is though............

S4C is taxpayer funded???!

To be fair the flat screen TV's in front of the presenters appear to be upturned ready meal cartons.

They just interviewed Gary Johnson (also in English) and Dave Jones (also in English). The only Welsh is in their Atyeo portakabin.

I've just turned on S4C in case were showing highlights on previous "Severnside derbies". Instead thay had recent footage of the AG groundstaff removing the covers to allow this morning's sunlight to hit the frost whilst some Cardiff players watched. One of the studio experts was stating he feels "Embarassed for Bristol City".

I've just turned on S4C in case were showing highlights on previous "Severnside derbies". Instead thay had recent footage of the AG groundstaff removing the covers to allow this morning's sunlight to hit the frost whilst some Cardiff players watched. One of the studio experts was stating he feels "Embarassed for Bristol City".
How embarrassed did he feel when Cardiff's game the other week was called off due to them not having a boiler installed?

Archived