IGNORED

Basso

Dastardly and Muttley

Backed into a corner and left with no option i.m.o. the premship,money and Brasil rubbish put out is way off :disapointed2se:

Thats right, we plucked him from non league obscurity, paid him well, offered him a new (probably slightly improved) contract but his head his turned by the Premier League, money and Brazil.

Have you noticed that not too many clubs are knocking on the door for him? Just go Adriano and frankly it pains me to say good riddance.

I think he will end up at Ipswich for some reason otherwise we may see him at The Hand in Clevedon.

Thats right, we plucked him from non league obscurity, paid him well, offered him a new (probably slightly improved) contract but his head his turned by the Premier League, money and Brazil. and you know this how?

Have you noticed that not too many clubs are knocking on the door for him? Just go Adriano and frankly it pains me to say good riddance.

I think he will end up at Ipswich for some reason otherwise we may see him at The Hand in Clevedon.

A written transfer request pretty much says the same thing :disapointed2se:

I disagree, a transfer request may mean he's had a fall out with GJ or he's in fact been out in a position where this seems the only way out. I don't believe for one minute we offered him the highest paid contract at the club as GJ claimed we had, so how truth is in the rest of the story? (And if we did offer our 34 year old goalkeeper the best paid contract at the club the we truly have lost the f ** king plot!)

Thats right, we plucked him from non league obscurity, paid him well, offered him a new (probably slightly improved) contract but his head his turned by the Premier League, money and Brazil.

This is the bit that never made any sense and we have never heard that from Basso himself.

Glos Old Boy, previous poster (you), try reading the thread or make yourself understood

I am getting fed up with a topic that continually discusses reasoning with no known facts> all we know is, Basso handed in a written transfer request. What other facts do we know? No wild assumptions or accusations please.

So he can play at a higher level....

If its because of a disagreement then he should get over it. the club offered him a very good contract....

How much does GJ pay you to lick his and his sons ass and to defend him until the bitter end?

I disagree, a transfer request may mean he's had a fall out with GJ or he's in fact been out in a position where this seems the only way out. I don't believe for one minute we offered him the highest paid contract at the club as GJ claimed we had, so how truth is in the rest of the story? (And if we did offer our 34 year old goalkeeper the best paid contract at the club the we truly have lost the f ** king plot!)

**** me if i handed in what is effectivley my notice everytime i had a disagrement with the boss over a work matter then i would be living in a carboard box, If he does want to leave because of a row then he sounds like another typically overpaid spoiled little brat footballer.

A written transfer request pretty much says the same thing :disapointed2se:

Very last time now; Basso got on very well with fans and most players and we locked on to his I believe :Believe: I do not believe however for one second that money, prem, and Brasil made him into this evil monster that suddenly didnt want to know a "decent contract" :disapointed2se: or the fans and City he grew to like;

Some may have a different view not shared by me. :dunno:

Point of order here WRP because I never said he wanted the best contract at the club, but and a very BIG BUT, Basso has stated numerous times his desire to leave.

**** me if i handed in what is effectivley my notice everytime i had a disagrement with the boss over a work matter then i would be living in a carboard box, If he does want to leave because of a row then he sounds like another typically overpaid spoiled little brat footballer.

Yes I'm not saying this, but clearly if a player has a MAJOR falling out with management it can be hard for them to continue, and he may have been put in a position where it was sign the deal or rot in the reserves. What I'm trying to say is it seems very rash that Adriano Basso, who always appeared a very moral man, would suddenly refuse to sign what GJ STATED was the highest paid contract at the club. I believe there is more to this than Basso not wanting to play for the club anymore through personal greed and a selfish desire to play in the PL. But as I have stated many times before, we'll never know, and so this dispute will continue!

I do not believe however for one second that money, prem, and Brasil made him into this evil monster that suddenly didnt want to know a "decent contract" :disapointed2se: or the fans and City he grew to like;

Perhaps his agent John Halliwell could have turned his head? The same agent that's touting a move for his client via this Sky story?

Yes. But Why?

You tell me !!

Money? Desire to play at higher level? Hates Bristol? Wants to go back to Brazil? Wants to play for the Gas? Hates GJ? Thinks Cabot Circus is shite?

I don't know.

You tell me !!!

At the end of the day he doesn't want to play for us so let him go and good riddance. He has said this himself :disapointed2se:

Yes I'm not saying this, but clearly if a player has a MAJOR falling out with management it can be hard for them to continue, and he may have been put in a position where it was sign the deal or rot in the reserves. What I'm trying to say is it seems very rash that Adriano Basso, who always appeared a very moral man, would suddenly refuse to sign what GJ STATED was the highest paid contract at the club. I believe there is more to this than Basso not wanting to play for the club anymore through personal greed and a selfish desire to play in the PL. But as I have stated many times before, we'll never know, and so this dispute will continue!

but if Basso has such high morals and is not concerned about money in anyway whatsoever and its obvious to all hes not going to play again, WHY has he not come out and given his side of the story?

but if Basso has such high morals and is not concerned about money in anyway whatsoever and its obvious to all hes not going to play again, WHY has he not come out and given his side of the story?

Because he could be fined, his reputation will be soured, that will not look good for clubs trying to sign him if he comes out and slates his current club/manager. I believe there are a lot of reasons why he wouldn't do this and the biggest factor being it would be incredibly unprofessional.

I it was over the contract and money dont you think an agreement would have been reached ages ago i.e. similar to Orr. It seems more than that.....

Trouble is that as with McIndoe and Marcus Stewart and to a point Steve Brooker we don't get the full story so wild stories spring up,as said Basso seems to have acted totally out of character over this and sounds like he has been pushed outthe door .

Because he could be fined, his reputation will be soured, that will not look good for clubs trying to sign him if he comes out and slates his current club/manager. I believe there are a lot of reasons why he wouldn't do this and the biggest factor being it would be incredibly unprofessional.

I would think that playing for those who pay your wages (in realistic terms us the fans), keeping ones gob firmly closed and looking silently for a move would be a lot more professional.

I don't think moaning at the checkout lady at Sainsburys really counts

There have been threads on here in previous months stating that Basso said there was more than meets the eye. That one with the bloke from the Dolman stand, and obviously the carpark thread. However Basso will not state the exact reasons, which I believe is the correct and most proffesional approach to the situation.

There have been threads on here in previous months stating that Basso said there was more than meets the eye. That one with the bloke from the Dolman stand, and obviously the carpark thread. However Basso will not state the exact reasons, which I believe is the correct and most proffesional approach to the situation.

Then instead of publicly stating a desire for a move he should also keep his mouth shut and silently look for a move, that to me would be professional. To state your desire to leave to all and sundry without giving a reason is a tad counter productive in my mind.

I would think that playing for those who pay your wages (in realistic terms us the fans), keeping ones gob firmly closed and looking silently for a move would be a lot more professional.

That's exactly what Basso is doing, and that's the exact point I was making as to why he hasn't said his 'side' of the story.

Then instead of publicly stating a desire for a move he should also keep his mouth shut and silently look for a move, that to me would be professional. To state your desire to leave to all and sundry without giving a reason is a tad counter productive in my mind.

Sorry but how has he not kept his mouth shut? He handed in a written transfer request, which you are supposed to do, and has not spoken out about BCFC or GJ. It was merely reported by some fans that he thanked them for there support and that it seemed as if there was a lot more to it. Out of interest do you then believe we offered him what would be the highest paid contract at the club and he turned it down through his desire to play PL football?

That's exactly what Basso is doing, and that's the exact point I was making as to why he hasn't said his 'side' of the story.

apparently he has outside the changing room after the game, is this more rubbish or are people going to reveal what was said then?

apparently he has outside the changing room after the game, is this more rubbish or are people going to reveal what was said then?

I haven't seen anywhere that he has revealed his side of the arguement, I have read that he thanked the fans for the support. Have you seen posts claiming he revealed his side of the story?

Archived