IGNORED

Basso

Dastardly and Muttley

Out of interest do you then believe we offered him what would be the highest paid contract at the club and he turned it down through his desire to play PL football?

I never said that. I suggested that might be the reason amongst several others. Again as I said in a previous post ..... I DON'T KNOW, YOU TELL ME !!!

If Basso (or someone close to him) hadn't said anything about the situation then how the hell do we all know he wants to go??

I haven't seen anywhere that he has revealed his side of the arguement, I have read that he thanked the fans for the support. Have you seen posts claiming he revealed his side of the story?

10 posts above suggests hes revealed his side of the story - Ive not seen or heard them.

I never said that. I suggested that might be the reason amongst several others. Again as I said in a previous post ..... I DON'T KNOW, YOU TELL ME !!!

I know you haven't I was just wondering. I'm interested to hear other people's takes on the situation, as everyone see's things slightly different.

10 posts above suggests hes revealed his side of the story - Ive not seen or heard them.

There was a thread on here months ago where someone from the dolman was talking to Basso while he was warming up and said something like why won't you sign a deal. Basso replied with something along the lines of there is more than meets the eye to this situation and I believe he said he either will not, or is not allowed to discuss why. I haven't seen any other post that suggests Basso has told his side of the story, even when speaking to Sky he would not reveal why. Whether or not he will when he leaves the club is another issue, until then, as just about everyone in this post has stated, nobody knows, it is merely speculation.

I know you haven't I was just wondering. I'm interested to hear other people's takes on the situation, as everyone see's things slightly different.

My take is simple.............let him go and get over it. Our club is bigger than one person and will carry on no matter what. One day when Adrianno is back in Brazil nurturing his cocoa beans we will be in the Premier League beating Man Ure :winner_third_h4h:

My take is simple.............let him go and get over it. Our club is bigger than one person and will carry on no matter what. One day when Adrianno is back in Brazil nurturing his cocoa beans we will be in the Premier League beating Man Ure :winner_third_h4h:

Yes, clearly our club is bigger than one person, all I was saying is I believe there's more than meets the eye, and I do not believe we know the full story. However this has all been stated before and there's no point going round in yet more circles. And as for the last bit, we can hope :fingerscrossed:

There was a thread on here months ago where someone from the dolman was talking to Basso while he was warming up and said something like why won't you sign a deal. Basso replied with something along the lines of there is more than meets the eye to this situation and I believe he said he either will not, or is not allowed to discuss why. I haven't seen any other post that suggests Basso has told his side of the story, even when speaking to Sky he would not reveal why. Whether or not he will when he leaves the club is another issue, until then, as just about everyone in this post has stated, nobody knows, it is merely speculation.

to be fair even if he does come out and give his story it will only be from his perspective and GJ will give it from his, It will come down to who you WANT to believe i suppose as the only way you will get somewhere near the truth of the matter is if the were both in the same room having a live debate!! (that would be quality)

At this point in time im of the opinion that he has been offered a deal which hes refused and he clearly wants to move so let him go, we have a (imo) a better keeper in place so all is not as bad as it could be. I also 100% beleive that Basso has not been the saint hes made out to be in all of this as there is noway GJ would have sold chris weale if he thought Basso was off - again just my opinion.

And as for the last bit, we can hope :fingerscrossed:

I remember beating Man Ure at Old Trafford 1-nil with a goal by Donnie Gillies from memory. Beat them at Ashton Gate by the same score that season if again my ageing brain is correct (still have the scars to prove it).

BELIEVE, IT HAS BEEN DONE AND WILL BE DONE AGAIN

to be fair even if he does come out and give his story it will only be from his perspective and GJ will give it from his, It will come down to who you WANT to believe i suppose as the only way you will get somewhere near the truth of the matter is if the were both in the same room having a live debate!! (that would be quality)

At this point in time im of the opinion that he has been offered a deal which hes refused and he clearly wants to move so let him go, we have a (imo) a better keeper in place so all is not as bad as it could be. I also 100% beleive that Basso has not been the saint hes made out to be in all of this as there is noway GJ would have sold chris weale if he thought Basso was off - again just my opinion.

Agreed that the stories will probably differ as they will be given from there different perspectives. I believe Gerken is a brilliant keeper, and I also agree with you that GJ would not have sold Chris Weale had this blown up earlier, having said that I still think what Basso brought to the dressing room, and the club in general, is something that noone else currently at the club brings. He seemed to inspire, however this is nothing to do with Dean Gerken and therefore should not be relevant in the who is the better goalkeeper debate. I disagree with you on the Basso not being the saitn he's made out to be issue as I do genuinely believe he was and is a nice, genuine guy. But hey, this is a forum, it'd be boring if we all agreed!

I remember beating Man Ure at Old Trafford 1-nil with a goal by Donnie Gillies from memory. Beat them at Ashton Gate by the same score that season if again my ageing brain is correct (still have the scars to prove it).

BELIEVE, IT HAS BEEN DONE AND WILL BE DONE AGAIN

I wasn't actually alive back then but my old man has told me of how he was in the Stretford End for that game with a mate as they couldn't get tickets for the away end and could hardly contain his excitement when we scored. Is that the game where we were battered for 90 mins and won it at the death yeah?

I wasn't actually alive back then but my old man has told me of how he was in the Stretford End for that game with a mate as they couldn't get tickets for the away end and could hardly contain his excitement when we scored. Is that the game where we were battered for 90 mins and won it at the death yeah?

That was the one (on MOTD as well).

The other at Ashton Gate we were in the old West End (Ateyo) when City scored and myself and 2 mates went up in delirious celebration amongst about 2000 Utd fans...........as I said, still have the scars !!!

He has hardly said that. He said circumstances are different and he'd like to thank the supporters for their support. Noone knows exactly whats gone on, and bullshit did GJ offer him the clubs highest paid contract.

GJ told the whole world that Basso was offered a very good contract and you think he's lying about it? dont you think there would have been uproar from the basso camp i.e. his agent, if GJ made it up?

I think your the only one that is talking bullshit.... on offence :winner_third_h4h:

How much does GJ pay you to lick his and his sons ass and to defend him until the bitter end?

why dont you **** off, you miserable bastard. How am I defending GJ??!

BASSO wants to leave. get over it. Bristol City is not great to him like it is to you and I.

why dont you **** off, you miserable bastard. How am I defending GJ??!

BASSO wants to leave. get over it. Bristol City is not great to him like it is to you and I.

I'm an EE ST holder if you want to discuss this further.

I'm an EE ST holder if you want to discuss this further.

This is great fun.

Fight fight Snowball fight.

Riaz vs DanC. 50 paces. Turn and throw your snowball on the ref's whistle.

Next Tuesday night at Ashton Gate.

I'm confident AG wouldn't be needed for any other reason.

:boxing:

GJ told the whole world that Basso was offered a very good contract and you think he's lying about it? dont you think there would have been uproar from the basso camp i.e. his agent, if GJ made it up?

I think your the only one that is talking bullshit.... on offence :winner_third_h4h:

No, GJ told the world he offered Basso a contract that would make him the highest paid player at the club. If this did happen, then he's a f ** king moron, as that is just ridiculous, so I am therefore ASSUMING he didn't. I personally don't believe this contract offer was as lucrative as it wa smade out to be, that is just my opinion. And do you honestly believe that managers are truthful all the time? GJ will have lied in interviews before, and I'm sure he'll lie in interviews again. And I don't know wh there wasn't uproar from Basso, noone knows, maybe this reflects Basso's humbling personality, or maybe it means Basso was in fact being a greedy bast*rd. NOONE KNOWS! (Except Basso, Gary and Steve that is!)

Archived