IGNORED

Feel The Pain Of The Palace Fans

garlicbread

As I said above, he's just being hypothetical. All he's saying is that IF Freddie's goal had stood, and meant we'd won the game (who knows what course the match may have taken if it had been allowed), that Freddie would have done all the better for it.

Yeah that's what he's saying and he's talking complete and utter shite.

Palace fans should be ashamed of how they carried on after that game, you got exactly what you deserved from it and we did nothing wrong at all.

As I said above, he's just being hypothetical. All he's saying is that IF Freddie's goal had stood, and meant we'd won the game (who knows what course the match may have taken if it had been allowed), that Freddie would have done all the better for it.

I know what you mean. If that goal had stood, you could of won 1-0, and Sears would of had more confidence going into future games.

What most city fans are getting at is that is seems like a slight dig at us 'cheating' again, almost blaming us for his lack of confidence "oh if Bristol City had let us have a goal, Sears could have scored more, etc, etc".

I don't think the majority of City fans really care or class Palace as a 'derby' now, but looking on various Palace message boards, seeing all the hate and drivel aimed towards us and our manager makes us giggle and laugh at you.

Any fan claiming we were wrong and they'd be disgusted if their club did the same is an idiot. Do they complain if the opposition gets a goal wrongly crossed off for offside? Do they write to the fa asking for the game to be replayed? no.

Its more like Palace not getting the best out of the player and you swallowing the party line.

I used to like your club, what with the FA cup game vs Liverpool, watching us play you when you in the 1990s etc.

BCFC did nothing wrong..its was a reffing error, and look at the vitriol on your forum. CPFC is the most whining, hypocritical club I've ever known.

As Nibor says, your club is a complete disgrace.

Its more like Palace not getting the best out of the player and you swallowing the party line.

I used to like your club, what with the FA cup game vs Liverpool, watching us play you when you in the 1990s etc.

BCFC did nothing wrong..its was a reffing error, and look at the vitriol on your forum. CPFC is the most whining, hypocritical club I've ever known.

As Nibor says, your club is a complete disgrace.

Oh, and we had the same thing happen to us at Leicester. What did we do about it?

Accepted it as part of the game and moved on.

Crystal Palace as a club really makes my shit itch!

Any fan claiming we were wrong and they'd be disgusted if their club did the same is an idiot. Do they complain if the opposition gets a goal wrongly crossed off for offside? Do they write to the fa asking for the game to be replayed? no.

Maybe I'm suffering from amnesia but I don't recall Warnock, Jordan or Palace fans being up in arms about Lee Hills' goal in that 1-1 draw at AG being allowed to stand after Kuqi had clearly controlled the ball with his hand to set it up ... no talk of any replay was there? Strange that.

Just seen this on the palace forum with regard to the city coach having already left bristol, they must have all enjoyed the cancelled school days this week!

Superb news - couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of inbreds - hope their to**er of a Chairman was on the coach as well. Bristol Sh***y - 2 bob outfit who think they are a big club but will never ever be all the time that fat spiv johnson has a hole in his ar*e!

Immense skills! They were told the pitch would be fine at 2:30 and that they could leave. They got halfway there and pulled over to wait for another inspection. Got told it was fine. Started off again and got 20 minutes down the road and got told it was off .

HAHAHAHA!!! Not only did they pretty much lie to them, they ****ed them about as well . Genius skills on the part of Palace and at the very least what Brizzle deserve

Just seen this on the palace forum with regard to the city coach having already left bristol, they must have all enjoyed the cancelled school days this week!

Superb news - couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of inbreds - hope their to**er of a Chairman was on the coach as well. Bristol Sh***y - 2 bob outfit who think they are a big club but will never ever be all the time that fat spiv johnson has a hole in his ar*e!

Immense skills! They were told the pitch would be fine at 2:30 and that they could leave. They got halfway there and pulled over to wait for another inspection. Got told it was fine. Started off again and got 20 minutes down the road and got told it was off .

HAHAHAHA!!! Not only did they pretty much lie to them, they ****ed them about as well . Genius skills on the part of Palace and at the very least what Brizzle deserve

You sir, are a *****.

explain? I'm a Bristol city fan and have just pasted some of the comments that palce fans have made about us! how does that make me a *****??

Think you may have read it wrongly to my way of reading it ,i think he is referring to the Palace nob-end who posted this delightful message .effing bunch of bellends sooner they go bust the better.

I would have posted a URL to the thread on palaces's forum but cant as im a newbie, have just noticed a few more lovely messages about us from them.

You don't mean enough to us to hate you.You're just a silly little Welsh club with ideas above it's station.

Your manager,however,is a *****.

I see that the Brizzle coach made it to Langley, just outside Slough - should have popped down there just to laugh at the c***s.

As a Palace fan who was at Ashton Gate last August, here's my summary of events.

I didn't have a clue what was going on. From the other end I didn't see "a goal," I just saw our players wheeling away which suggested that we had scored. I had no idea of what had actually happened.

At half time I got a call from at mate who told me what was being reported on Sky Sports News.

After the game as I walked back to my car I spoke to many City fans and had comments like "you were robbed" and "it was definately a goal mate." These comments seeming almost apologetic. I found that very respectful from fellow members of the football family. We are all at the end of the day, football supporters.

The circus that followed was embarrassing. We all know what Neil Warnock is like on occasions like this but using the cheat word was uncalled for. Gary Johnson would have been better off just not reacting but who could blame him in the circumstances.

At the end of the day it was a wrongly disallowed goal which we see week in week out and in that particular game we saw two. I was more disappointed with the mistake by Paddy McCarthy which gifted Nicky Maynard the chance to score a late winner.

Warnock did put this to bed in his after match conference at Ipswich the following Tuesday. He was asked if the events of he previous Saturday had bouyed his team to get a positive result at Portman Road. His answer was "what happened on Saturday is gone and done. I have read today that two more of our boys have died in Afghanistan and all we did was lose a football match."

As for the rivalry that now exists between the two clubs, I think it is a good thing. It's just a shame that it can be too bitter at times. Rivalry gives an edge to matches that makes you look forward to those clashes. I now live in Plymouth and Argyle fans seem to have a thing about City being a big rival because you lot are "just up the road." Funnily enough, Home Park is the same distance from Ashton Gate as Selhurst Park is so if it's good enough for Plymouth fans, it's good enough for me.

When film of the disallowed goal is shown, Sears' left arm shoots out and goes across the chest of the City player trying to tackle him.

I always assumed that was why the goal was disallowed. Only question is did the Ref award City a free kick or a goal kick?

When film of the disallowed goal is shown, Sears' left arm shoots out and goes across the chest of the City player trying to tackle him.

I always assumed that was why the goal was disallowed. Only question is did the Ref award City a free kick or a goal kick?

If you are looking for an offence then that is probably the closest you can get to one but Sears was always in front of Skuse. I just believe that neither the ref or the assistant saw the ball go in. Neither have gone on record to confirm or deny this. As a former referee the re-start is no big significance. With all that confusion you just re-start with a simple option which in this case was a goal-kick. Maybe not strictly to the laws of of the game but in reality a simple solution.

Gary Johnson later quoted the assessor saying that there had been an infringement but assessors do not discuss things with the officials. They just report on their performance as they see it. The assessor probably gave his opinion to Johnson on what he assumed was the reason that the assistant said "no goal." If he had had that discussion with the lino then he would have told Gary what that infringement was.

win the game?? with our disallowed goal, we can claim we would have won 7-0??

And should Paul Hartley be treated for depression after his clear yard onside goal was disallowed??

No, the Palace fan's clarification was fair enough Riaz. He was explaining that the guy was saying that Sear's confidence and, by extension, subsequent form would have been good IF his goal had been allowed and IF Palace had, as a result, gone on to win that game. Fair enough except, as others have pointed out, for any one disallowed goal decision, no matter how unjustly felt, to have ruined a player for an entire season can only mean that the player concerned has a mindset that is made of tissue paper or that he is seeking an excuse for his own poor form.

Let's say, just for a moment (indluge me people) that it WAS a genuine goal, that Palace WOULD have gone on to win the game (we can never know) then those are grounds for feeling fed up and hard done by - however, everywhere other than precious footballers have to 'get over it and move on'. The Palace assistant saying that about Sears excuses him for god-knows how many weeks and months worth of poor performances ever since. Fact is, if Warnock was any good as a manager he would have picked Sears up and re-motivated him, whatever the 'injustice of the time'. Instead he promulgates the 'poor-me' mindset which allows all his players to hide behind, 'it's not my fault, it is that everything is unfair' which is the principal reason why Tango should fire him, it is his job to motivate players not give them ready-made excuses for non performance.

No, the Palace fan's clarification was fair enough Riaz. He was explaining that the guy was saying that Sear's confidence and, by extension, subsequent form would have been good IF his goal had been allowed and IF Palace had, as a result, gone on to win that game. Fair enough except, as others have pointed out, for any one disallowed goal decision, no matter how unjustly felt, to have ruined a player for an entire season can only mean that the player concerned has a mindset that is made of tissue paper or that he is seeking an excuse for his own poor form.

Let's say, just for a moment (indluge me people) that it WAS a genuine goal, that Palace WOULD have gone on to win the game (we can never know) then those are grounds for feeling fed up and hard done by - however, everywhere other than precious footballers have to 'get over it and move on'. The Palace assistant saying that about Sears excuses him for god-knows how many weeks and months worth of poor performances ever since. Fact is, if Warnock was any good as a manager he would have picked Sears up and re-motivated him, whatever the 'injustice of the time'. Instead he promulgates the 'poor-me' mindset which allows all his players to hide behind, 'it's not my fault, it is that everything is unfair' which is the principal reason why Tango should fire him, it is his job to motivate players not give them ready-made excuses for non performance.

we all know palace we're hard done by. but we've had many a disallowed goal this season - do we use it as an excuse... for the rest of the season??

do we call the other team cheats? when clarksons onside goal was ruled offside?? that surely would have been a winning goal?

If ifs and buts were pots and pans, there'd be no need for tinkers

Guest clevedonred

Well I can vaguely remember it being taken about 2 yards further forward than a goal kick. So i would assume it was a foul

Well I can vaguely remember it being taken about 2 yards further forward than a goal kick. So i would assume it was a foul

It was taken from the right side of the 6 yard box but both a goal kick and a free kick for an offence in the 6 yard box can be taken from anywhere in the goal area so that gives no indication as to what kick was awarded.

It was taken from the right side of the 6 yard box but both a goal kick and a free kick for an offence in the 6 yard box can be taken from anywhere in the goal area so that gives no indication as to what kick was awarded.

But at the end of the day both teams had perfectly good goals disallowed during that game so it was a fair result right?

Guest clevedonred
But at the end of the day both teams had perfectly good goals disallowed during that game so it was a fair result right?

Yes, so why are we still going on about it?

Sears phantom goal will be recalled for a long time because of the publicity it received and the goal given offside will be forgotten outside of Bristol. Also it will not be remembered that the winning goal was a gift from Paddy McCarthy. At the end of the day the history books only show the final score of any match whether a fair result or not and in this case it shows that City took all three points.

One thing I am mindful of though is that goals and disallowed goals change matches and there is no way any of us can say how the game would have gone had Palace taken the lead. For starters the game restarts in a different place with players in different positions on the park so everything after that would not be as it was on the day and then there is the mindset of both teams as the game progresses with a different scoreline. So fair result? Who knows?

Sears phantom goal will be recalled for a long time because of the publicity it received and the goal given offside will be forgotten outside of Bristol. Also it will not be remembered that the winning goal was a gift from Paddy McCarthy. At the end of the day the history books only show the final score of any match whether a fair result or not and in this case it shows that City took all three points.

One thing I am mindful of though is that goals and disallowed goals change matches and there is no way any of us can say how the game would have gone had Palace taken the lead. For starters the game restarts in a different place with players in different positions on the park so everything after that would not be as it was on the day and then there is the mindset of both teams as the game progresses with a different scoreline. So fair result? Who knows?

Fact is even if you accept that the Sears goal wasn't disallowed for an infringement as the fourth official thought then both sides incorrectly had a goal chalked off, and it matters not which one got more publicity. Nor does it matter whether a goal arose from a mistake or not - most do. Of course it's unknown how the game would have changed if either goal had been given - it could have swung in either direction - so that evens out... leaving us to conclude that the result was after all totally fair.

I'm afraid your posts on here just read like attempts at rationalizing the whinging from Palace fans, but they're not working because there's really nothing that Palace fans can legitimately complain about with respect to BCFC. I'd suggest you'd bet better off encouraging the whiners to try and get rid of Jordan and Warnock, one of them is running your club into the ground off the pitch whilst the other is doing it on the pitch. You've gone from liked by most neutrals to detested by many because of those two scumbags I'm afraid to say, all the good impressions made by that semi final against Liverpool and Wright and Bright have been tarnished by the orange faced crying **** and his pet lying cheating northern monkey.

Fact is even if you accept that the Sears goal wasn't disallowed for an infringement as the fourth official thought then both sides incorrectly had a goal chalked off, and it matters not which one got more publicity. Nor does it matter whether a goal arose from a mistake or not - most do. Of course it's unknown how the game would have changed if either goal had been given - it could have swung in either direction - so that evens out... leaving us to conclude that the result was after all totally fair.

I'm afraid your posts on here just read like attempts at rationalizing the whinging from Palace fans, but they're not working because there's really nothing that Palace fans can legitimately complain about with respect to BCFC. I'd suggest you'd bet better off encouraging the whiners to try and get rid of Jordan and Warnock, one of them is running your club into the ground off the pitch whilst the other is doing it on the pitch. You've gone from liked by most neutrals to detested by many because of those two scumbags I'm afraid to say, all the good impressions made by that semi final against Liverpool and Wright and Bright have been tarnished by the orange faced crying **** and his pet lying cheating northern monkey.

I didn't like Warnock before he came to Palace but I have warmed to him. Last year I had him in my cab and you'd not believe it but I found him to a really nice guy. Of course he is outspoken and I don't condone some of his outbursts. I was actually embarrassed by his cheat allegations. As for Simon Jordan, he has blown £45 million of his personal fortune in supporting my club and I thank him for that but his time looks to be coming to an end and I just hope his successor shows more respect to other football clubs.

When I was 6 I played for my school in a local tournament. I remember being very nervous as I waited to come on and save us from a 1-0 defeat.

So, my moment arrived and I ran onto the pitch and within about 30 seconds I'd thumped the ball into the net.

I was so excited, as you would be as a six year old. I looked for my Mum and Dad only to be told by the ref that I'd hand balled while I attempted to control the ball. Alas, my moment of glory had been snatched away from me. The free kick was taken and the ref tooted his whistle three times.

That's how close I came to being a hero.

You know what? If that goal had stood I'd be playing for Real Madrid by now and Ronaldo would be my bitch..... The whole experience destroyed my confidence.

I actually blame Gary Johnson, Steve Lansdown, the woman in the Atyeo refreshment bar and, well, Bristol City football club as a whole!!

Archived