IGNORED

Gary And Chopra

the frampton balti

So you think its ok for opposition managers to go around tripping up our players?

No-one seems able to answer this question - if an opposition manager deliberately tripped up Maynard would you all be laughing?

If anyone has a shocking attitude its those that think that our manager potenially injuring an opposition player delberately is acceptable.

I'll give you an answer, Robbored. If Dave Jones had 'tripped' Maynard in the same circumstances i'd be fuming. As he didn't and it was Gary Johnson who 'tripped' (albeit it would appear that there was no contact) Chopra i find it hilarious and that antagonistic little **** Chopra got exactly what he deserved.

I'm a little puzzled that you seem so forthright in your opinion that Johnson, OUR MANAGER, should be fined and given a touchline ban by the FA? Seems very strange to me.

Would Nicky Maynard celebrate in the oppositions technical area??

Why was chopra there?

Spot on Riaz, Robbored do you have anything good to say about our manager. Chopra clearly ran through our technical area which Johnson took exception too, its a local derby with emotions running high the fact of the matter is he shouldnt have been in there and it was merely handbags, as was chopra and williams.

Wenger was upset with Hughes going into his technical area last month as well. They are designated areas for club players and officials and as such he should not have ran through there

Technically what GJ did wasn't very good so I agree in part with Robbored (rare occurance). But Chopra probably shouldn't have been so close to start with. Having said that there is no reason for GJ to react like that and to be honest it is the kind of thing I would expect Warnock to do.

I thougth that Johnson deliberately tripping Chopra up was a disgrace and he deserves to be punished imo. No wonder Chopra reacted in the way he did.Johnson could have seriously injured an opposition player celebrating a goal and it doesn't exactly put Bristol City in a good light. I've never seen that before and I hope I never see it again. It makes Johnson look like a bad loser and a spoilt kid.

Its amazing that some on here thought it was funny. Imagine if an opposition manager did that to one our players.

I agree with Robbored 100%

The only thing I would say is that if you think it is OK for Johnson to act as he did then don't have a pop at Chopra for having a go back?!! Other than that it was quite a funny incident and Johnson at least chose his player carefully. Had he tripped an Adebola or equivalent he would probably be in hospital now!!

Technically what GJ did wasn't very good so I agree in part with Robbored (rare occurance). But Chopra probably shouldn't have been so close to start with. Having said that there is no reason for GJ to react like that and to be honest it is the kind of thing I would expect Warnock to do.

At least it shows passion and that he cares... could'nt imagine robbored's love child danny wilson ever doing that!

I thought it was funny, and Chopra shouldn't have been in his technical area anyway! Besides just because we wouldn't like it if someone else did that to our player, (although I still think I'd find it amusing), that doesn't mean we can't find it funny when it happens to someone else. I don't like it when people score against us in the last minute, but I love it when we score against them!

So do I.

Yes, Chopra shouldnt be in the technical area, but a manager of our club tripping up a player? Downright embarrasing and unprofessional.

...and its happend before (Izzy and Shaun Derry)....i can only assume it's small man syndrome

If he keeps doing it, as you say, then one day a player will wait for Johnson in the tunnel area and chin him. Whilst I have said it looked funny above I have to admit that would have been my natural reaction if it had been done to me when I played football (although I was a Goalkeeper so would never have been found running up to the Technical Area!!).

At least it shows passion and that he cares... could'nt imagine robbored's love child danny wilson ever doing that!

Beat me to it! GJ didn't go round looking for Chopra - Chopra went looking for GJ so the initial fault lies with Chopra, as do most incidents with him.

GJ's actions show he is totally committed to BCFC - the same cannot be said for some "supporters".

Somebody wit better skills than me has got to put this on youtube for all eternity.

Beat me to it! GJ didn't go round looking for Chopra - Chopra went looking for GJ so the initial fault lies with Chopra, as do most incidents with him.

GJ's actions show he is totally committed to BCFC - the same cannot be said for some "supporters".

Somebody wit better skills than me has got to put this on youtube for all eternity.

what do you "mean"?

So do I.

Yes, Chopra shouldnt be in the technical area, but a manager of our club tripping up a player? Downright embarrasing and unprofessional.

...and its happend before (Izzy and Shaun Derry)....i can only assume it's small man syndrome

So what was it when Jones or one of his henchmen had a pop when we had a free kick on the edge of the pitch near there technical area?

Let's put it this way.

Your a football manager under considerable pressure to get a result, and play entertaining football, in terrible conditions, against fierce local rivals.

Your team concede a late goal, and the scorer blatantly tries to gloat and rub your face in it, running right up to you, do you:

1. Shake his hand and congratulate him.

2. Trip him up.

3. Plant one on his chin.

I choose number 3 please Cilla!

How many people would find Johnson's actions so offending if we had won 9 of the previous 10 games?

So if an opposition manger did that to Maynard you would think that was funny as well? Chopra could have been injured and then missed a number of games, I'm sure Dave Jones and the Cardiff fans would be laughing then.

It was stupid,irresponsable and downright unproffesional. Johnson should be taken to task, fined heavily and given a touchline ban.

If one of our players started celebrating in the oppositions technical area I would say they deserve anything they got. Funny how you're not up in arms about Chopra's unprofessional attitude to his goal celebration. Then again why would you miss a chance to stick the boot in against our own management?

If one of our players started celebrating in the oppositions technical area I would say they deserve anything they got. Funny how you're not up in arms about Chopra's unprofessional attitude to his goal celebration. Then again why would you miss a chance to stick the boot in against our own management?

Well said, what Chopra did was clearly only likely to incite trouble which could have led to mass injuries.

As a side issue, really like your signature.

Well said, what Chopra did was clearly only likely to incite trouble which could have led to mass injuries.

As a side issue, really like your signature.

Exactly, but the usual misery brigade insist on turning it round against our own management and can't resist having a dig.

Yes, GJ's reaction was fairly unprofessional, but at the end of the day, without wanting to sound like a child in a playground, Chopra started it. He knew full well what he was doing when he ran to our technical area to celebrate, and wasn't expecting anyone to spoil his fun.

Shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway for trying to pick a fight with a substitute.

It's probably a good thing that Johnson and Jones are such good mates as it seems to keep a lid on everything that happens on the pitch anyway. Johnson was upset with Chopra, Jones was upset with Fontaine but it all seems to get forgotten pretty quickly and it doesn't seem to spill into the tunnel afterwards like our meetings with Colin's mob.

Gary Johnson should get a touchline ban. Only because sitting in the stand may show him what sort of rubbish WE watch every week without width in our team.

Funnily enough a number of Premier League managers spend the first 45 in the stand. It does give you a better view of what is going on than at pitch level.

By the way GJ should only serve a one match touchline ban otherwise the "punishment" far outweighs the crime!!

TYPICAL ANY 1 SAY ANYTHING AGAINST JOHNSON AND THEIR NOT A TRUE FAN ,a lot who don't particulary rate him as the golden boy of football management have supported this club long before he was here and will be there when he goe's .In view of his gobbing off and antics its not surprising he gets slated so much by other clubs fans i can just see if a fan ran on and tripped Chopra up would he be laughing ?

i only saw it on S4C and couldn't understand the commentators reaction. But ignoring the rights and wrongs i felt that what GJ did made him look like a bad looser, in the eyes of neutrals, and therefore did not reflect well on the club.

I thought it was funny but i'm biased as a BCFC fan and that sort of thing appeals to my sense of humor. Had it been on one of our players i would have been furious and would want the club to demand action was taken against the opposition manager.

Archived