IGNORED

Gary And Chopra

the frampton balti

I thougth that Johnson deliberately tripping Chopra up was a disgrace and he deserves to be punished imo. No wonder Chopra reacted in the way he did.Johnson could have seriously injured an opposition player celebrating a goal and it doesn't exactly put Bristol City in a good light. I've never seen that before and I hope I never see it again. It makes Johnson look like a bad loser and a spoilt kid.

Its amazing that some on here thought it was funny. Imagine if an opposition manager did that to one our players.

Closet Gas - suggest you take up Yessir's generous offer and switch to watching your football at the Mem.

i only saw it on S4C and couldn't understand the commentators reaction. But ignoring the rights and wrongs i felt that what GJ did made him look like a bad looser, in the eyes of neutrals, and therefore did not reflect well on the club.

I thought it was funny but i'm biased as a BCFC fan and that sort of thing appeals to my sense of humor. Had it been on one of our players i would have been furious and would want the club to demand action was taken against the opposition manager.

It was Damn stupid the Cardiff fans not exactly the best of mobs to upset did a mini surge towards the Williams stand ,as you say it comes over in Warnock style which makes him look a bad looser as proberly a few more watched on the tv and F A website than were actually in the ground.

Closet Gas - suggest you take up Yessir's generous offer and switch to watching your football at the Mem.

What an utterly pointless and disgraceful post. Because you disagree with someone that makes them a Gashead does it? We all know that Robbored is a true City fan who spends his money at Ashton Gate (which is every bit the same worth as your money) and whether we agree with his posts or not on this forum doesn't change that. Why don't you try and take his posts to task if you disagree with them rather than resorting to telling him to go to the Mem. We are a club bankrolled by Steve Lansdown and heamorraging money by the millions year on year and yet you, Mr Uber Supporter, want other supporters to take off down the Allotment to watch their football? I don't know who Yessir is but their post, if that is what they said, is every last bit as pathetic as yours and is the sort of response, based on hard evidence, that I would expect from the Johnson family to anyone who has the cheek to disagree with them.

What an utterly pointless and disgraceful post. Because you disagree with someone that makes them a Gashead does it? We all know that Robbored is a true City fan who spends his money at Ashton Gate (which is every bit the same worth as your money) and whether we agree with his posts or not on this forum doesn't change that. Why don't you try and take his posts to task if you disagree with them rather than resorting to telling him to go to the Mem. We are a club bankrolled by Steve Lansdown and heamorraging money by the millions year on year and yet you, Mr Uber Supporter, want other supporters to take off down the Allotment to watch their football? I don't know who Yessir is but their post, if that is what they said, is every last bit as pathetic as yours and is the sort of response, based on hard evidence, that I would expect from the Johnson family to anyone who has the cheek to disagree with them.

You don't think going to cheer Rovers on in their play-off final at Wembley makes him a Closet Gashead then?

A 'true City fan' doesn't look for every opportunity to rubbish his team's style of play and manager as this bloke does. I've taken his posts to task many times but it is like talking to a brick wall I'm afraid. We don't play long-ball football - Matt Jackson on FA.com last night compared our one-touch footy to Arsenal! - yet he insists we do. Bonkers.

Do we? His posts recently are so bad and clueless, that I getting more convinced he's a gashead and a wind-up.

He also has nothing good to say about the club...

Does he spend his money JUST so he can moan? I spend my money at ashton gate to watch football, have a good time and a laugh.......

Do we? His posts recently are so bad and clueless, that I getting more convinced he's a gashead and a wind-up.

He also has nothing good to say about the club...

Does he spend his money JUST so he can moan? I spend my money at ashton gate to watch football, have a good time and a laugh.......

Martyn/Riaz

The point being we all have our own agenda's on why we go to Ashton Gate. Robbored likes to see a certain type of football, is not seeing it (in HIS opinion) and is commenting on it on a FOOTBALL FORUM. What is the problem here? It doesn't make him a Gashead. It just means that his opinion is different and focuses more on the negatives of our performances than yours. I would never, ever tell a City fan to go and watch that stinking shower of steaming $h1t at their Cabbage Patch Allotment of a Stadium - I wouldn't expect the Devil to make a statement like that. It just wouldn't occur to me for a second.

And I would never ever tell a City fan not to bother coming if they didn't like it - again it is a totally wrong statement to make (and I hope Gary, Lee and Yessir Johnson never make it again!!) because I know from experience what supporting your club means to a person - that belief that somehow it will get better tomorrow, next week, next month, next season etc. etc. You don't travel to places like Bury, S****horpe and Grimsby when the club is in the lower leagues to be told by some s0dd1ng employee of the club on £10K per week or some faceless lunatic on an internet forum "not to bleedin' bother then" on the rare occasions that you may lose the plot a bit.

If you don't like Robbored's posts or anyone elses to such an extent that they positively wind you up then put him on ignore and enjoy the rest of the forum!!

Martyn/Riaz

The point being we all have our own agenda's on why we go to Ashton Gate. Robbored likes to see a certain type of football, is not seeing it (in HIS opinion) and is commenting on it on a FOOTBALL FORUM. What is the problem here? It doesn't make him a Gashead. It just means that his opinion is different and focuses more on the negatives of our performances than yours. I would never, ever tell a City fan to go and watch that stinking shower of steaming $h1t at their Cabbage Patch Allotment of a Stadium - I wouldn't expect the Devil to make a statement like that. It just wouldn't occur to me for a second.

And I would never ever tell a City fan not to bother coming if they didn't like it - again it is a totally wrong statement to make (and I hope Gary, Lee and Yessir Johnson never make it again!!) because I know from experience what supporting your club means to a person - that belief that somehow it will get better tomorrow, next week, next month, next season etc. etc. You don't travel to places like Bury, S****horpe and Grimsby when the club is in the lower leagues to be told by some s0dd1ng employee of the club on £10K per week or some faceless lunatic on an internet forum "not to bleedin' bother then" on the rare occasions that you may lose the plot a bit.

If you don't like Robbored's posts or anyone elses to such an extent that they positively wind you up then put him on ignore and enjoy the rest of the forum!!

I'm sure robbo's one of very few with an 'agenda' - I simply go to the football and hope city win... like 99% of people....

Robbo is part of the 1%

I'm sure robbo's one of very few with an 'agenda' - I simply go to the football and hope city win... like 99% of people....

Robbo is part of the 1%

Disagree with that. I'm not fan of Robbored posts- in fact he still hasn't admitted he was wrong about Cardiff's youthful' line-up and he is like a broken record with his comments. But he still supports City and isn't a closet Gashead.

A lot of people go to be entertained and if he feels like he isn't being entertained he is entilted to his opinion. I'm sure he still wants City to win but he also wants to see better football.

I thougth that Johnson deliberately tripping Chopra up was a disgrace and he deserves to be punished imo. No wonder Chopra reacted in the way he did.Johnson could have seriously injured an opposition player celebrating a goal and it doesn't exactly put Bristol City in a good light. I've never seen that before and I hope I never see it again. It makes Johnson look like a bad loser and a spoilt kid.

Its amazing that some on here thought it was funny. Imagine if an opposition manager did that to one our players.

Imagine your reaction if your beloved Tinman had done it :whistle2:

I agree with Robbored 100%

Are you a member of the Supporter's Club?

So do I.

Yes, Chopra shouldnt be in the technical area, but a manager of our club tripping up a player? Downright embarrasing and unprofessional.

...and its happend before (Izzy and Shaun Derry)....i can only assume it's small man syndrome

What an utterly pointless and disgraceful post. Oh look, we can all do it.

By the way, define "true City fan" and let's see if your definition fits with Robbored's attittude on here.

What an utterly pointless and disgraceful post. Oh look, we can all do it.

By the way, define "true City fan" and let's see if your definition fits with Robbored's attittude on here.

I do not understand this comment. I have no idea who Robbored is, I have no idea who you are, and you have no idea who I am. I read the post and agreed with it.

For your information, I was a member of the supporters club during the 1970's as I used to travel to away games with them.

The first Bristol City game I watched was Saturday 12th Dec 1964 v S****horpe United (even substitutes weren't allowed then). Since then I have been a loyal Bristol City supporter. I am a season ticket holder and have been for twenty odd years.

I do not see how Gary Johnson tripping an opposition player up demonstrates he has great commitment to Bristol City football club. To be quite honest I think Gary Johnson has demonstrated he shows great commitment to Gary Johnson.

Your a barrell of laughs noexpression.gif

Why is this even a debate?

Does ANYONE honestly believe that a Manager deliberately tripping an opponent is EVER justified?

Does it make BCFC look good?

Is it sporting?

Yeah, Chopra shouldn't have been in the tech area. Yes he is a cocky so-and-so. Yes he had just scored a late goal in a Derby and emotions were running high - I get it.

I understand all those points, unfortunately NONE of them justify a Manager tripping an opponent.

Before everyone starts, I am a supporter of Gary Johnson, I didn't like his handling of Marcus Stewart but since that I have been behind him all the way. That does NOT mean that I cannot call him an ar*e when he acts like one and he did then.

Complain to the FA about the infringement into the technical area if you want to get precious about it, better still shrug it off and concentrate on what YOUR team is doing.

Those of you who condone this or think it's funny answer this, would you have laughed if Colin W had done it to Nicky Maynard? Thought not

I do not understand this comment. I have no idea who Robbored is, I have no idea who you are, and you have no idea who I am. I read the post and agreed with it.

For your information, I was a member of the supporters club during the 1970's as I used to travel to away games with them.

The first Bristol City game I watched was Saturday 12th Dec 1964 v S****horpe United (even substitutes weren't allowed then). Since then I have been a loyal Bristol City supporter. I am a season ticket holder and have been for twenty odd years.

I do not see how Gary Johnson tripping an opposition player up demonstrates he has great commitment to Bristol City football club. To be quite honest I think Gary Johnson has demonstrated he shows great commitment to Gary Johnson.

Good post.

Why is this even a debate?

Does ANYONE honestly believe that a Manager deliberately tripping an opponent is EVER justified?

Does it make BCFC look good?

Is it sporting?

Yeah, Chopra shouldn't have been in the tech area. Yes he is a cocky so-and-so. Yes he had just scored a late goal in a Derby and emotions were running high - I get it.

I understand all those points, unfortunately NONE of them justify a Manager tripping an opponent.

Before everyone starts, I am a supporter of Gary Johnson, I didn't like his handling of Marcus Stewart but since that I have been behind him all the way. That does NOT mean that I cannot call him an ar*e when he acts like one and he did then.

Complain to the FA about the infringement into the technical area if you want to get precious about it, better still shrug it off and concentrate on what YOUR team is doing.

Those of you who condone this or think it's funny answer this, would you have laughed if Colin W had done it to Nicky Maynard? Thought not

This isn't the point, I don't think anyone has said it was sporting, or that it is good for BCFC. But IMO, and some others, it was funny, other people clearly didn't see the funny side, and thats fine. Just because it's not funny if someone else does it to you, it doesn't mean it's not funny when you do it to someone else. I'm sure some Cardiff fans would've found it amusing if Dave Jones had tripped up Gavin Williams. There's no point argueing about it, and I personally think it's funny how this thread has got so heated!

Good post.

This isn't the point, I don't think anyone has said it was sporting, or that it is good for BCFC. But IMO, and some others, it was funny, other people clearly didn't see the funny side, and thats fine. Just because it's not funny if someone else does it to you, it doesn't mean it's not funny when you do it to someone else. I'm sure some Cardiff fans would've found it amusing if Dave Jones had tripped up Gavin Williams. There's no point argueing about it, and I personally think it's funny how this thread has got so heated!

Ok, fair do's but some earlier posts portrayed people as being joyless kill-joys because they did not think it funny that our Manager, our Leader had done something so petulant and unprofessional. It was childish in the extreme and petulant and, after the Palace nonsense, adds fuel to the fire of those who paint BCFC as some sort of low lives. Do you seriously expect me to believe that if Warnock had deliberately tripped Nicky Maynard after a goal that it would have been funny? There would have been calls on here for bans etc.

I have enough grey hairs from a lifetime of watching City to know that we will always have more bad times than good times but frankly, I was embarrassed by this incident (after I found out what Gary did, at first, the only thing I saw was Chopra's punch), I am genuinely amazed that the general reaction on here is to laugh at the fact that the person leading the destiny of this team could act so petulantly.

No point calling me a sad old git killjoy - I already knew that :innocent06:

Ok, fair do's but some earlier posts portrayed people as being joyless kill-joys because they did not think it funny that our Manager, our Leader had done something so petulant and unprofessional. It was childish in the extreme and petulant and, after the Palace nonsense, adds fuel to the fire of those who paint BCFC as some sort of low lives. Do you seriously expect me to believe that if Warnock had deliberately tripped Nicky Maynard after a goal that it would have been funny? There would have been calls on here for bans etc.

I have enough grey hairs from a lifetime of watching City to know that we will always have more bad times than good times but frankly, I was embarrassed by this incident (after I found out what Gary did, at first, the only thing I saw was Chopra's punch), I am genuinely amazed that the general reaction on here is to laugh at the fact that the person leading the destiny of this team could act so petulantly.

No point calling me a sad old git killjoy - I already knew that innocent06.gif

I was too far away to see what happened. All I could see was the Cardiff bench running at the City bench/technical area in a very provocative fashion. They were basically taunting the City team.

The video doesn't show how Chopra fell over but it does show Chopra get back up and shove Johnson. According to you there was also a punch thrown. What I can't quite understand is why the referee and linesman (who was a few metres away) didn't see any of this???

If Johnson tripped up Chopra he should have been booked and/or sent to the stand.

But Chopra raised his hands to Johnson and that is a straight red card.

I think the referee had an inconsistent game. He rightly booked McAllister and Orr but allowed some Cardiff players to get off for almost identical fouls. I think he realised the conditions were not helping the players but unfortunately it took him 20 minutes (and two City players) to realise this.

But Chopra raised his hands to Johnson and that is a straight red card.

I think the referee had an inconsistent game. He rightly booked McAllister and Orr but allowed some Cardiff players to get off for almost identical fouls.

I was watching on S4C, saw Chopra on floor (didn't show how he got there) shows him get up and, without any doubt swing a punch at Gary which landed on left collarbone. As you say, straight Red yet ref did nothing. Also, as you say, we got a booking for a handball hit from 0 metres with no arm movement, they handballed in area (again accidental, it shouldn't have been a penalty) and no punishment. We het a booking for dragging the man back, they get a telling off. Ref did very well at times and poorly at others. Did nothing awful (other than miss a trip and a punch :) ) but was v inconsistent:tumbleweed:

I was watching on S4C, saw Chopra on floor (didn't show how he got there) shows him get up and, without any doubt swing a punch at Gary which landed on left collarbone. As you say, straight Red yet ref did nothing. Also, as you say, we got a booking for a handball hit from 0 metres with no arm movement, they handballed in area (again accidental, it shouldn't have been a penalty) and no punishment. We het a booking for dragging the man back, they get a telling off. Ref did very well at times and poorly at others. Did nothing awful (other than miss a trip and a punch :) ) but was v inconsistent:tumbleweed:

It makes me laugh how people make things up.

He clearly pushes him in the chest!

No point calling me a sad old git killjoy - I already knew that innocent06.gif

Fair enough, each to their own I guess, and I don't think your a sad old git ha! But yeah in response to other posts I thought it was a push to the chest not a punch tbf!

Archived