IGNORED

What Would You Do?

Us_and_Them

I was just interested to know what people would do if we reach the prem.....

Many of us support a prem team as well as city, so i guess the question is, would you then drop your support for that team?

This is the Bristol City Fans' Forum.

Many of us certainly do NOT support a 'prem. team' as well.disapointed2se.gif

id always supported man utd growing up till about 10 years ago when i went to my first ctiy match and got hooked, i think most ppl do have a 'Premier League team' that they support or favour.

Why should they, this is Bristol, and we are Bristol City.

Every other team are our rivals.

id always supported man utd growing up till about 10 years ago when i went to my first ctiy match and got hooked, i think most ppl do have a 'Premier League team' that they support or favour.

You can count me out of that band of "most" people because Bristol City are the only team I support.

I will watch anyone play football if there is a game going on (ask my missus!!) but I will only ever "support" one club.

My second team is Chelsea and yes i did support them before the millions but if City played Chelsea its City all day long. Alot of my friends give me stick for supporting them but i don;t see whats wrong with supporting a second team aslong as you support your local team aswell the people that wind me up are people who don't follow there local team.

nope, i support Bristol City

Good, i also support city hence why i had a season ticket for 9 years and why i go to more away games then not. id also would like man utd to win the league, i would always want city to beat them tho if they ever played each other.

It just makes the prem more exciting for me, i dont see the harm in it.

So when you watch match of the day you dont prefer 1 team to win. when you look at the prem league table you dont look out for any 1 side to see how they're doing ?

I will always watch an Arsenal game live if it is on TV because I know I will see some cracking football. But there is no team in the Premier League I support. Having said that it is nice to see Liverpool, Man Utd and any teams managed by Hughes, Bruce and Allardyce get turned over because I love seeing them bitch like babies at the refereeing performance.

If there is one team I positively dislike in the Premier League it is Bolton and their "closed shop Premier League" supporting scumbag of a chairman. I hope they end up in the Conference North for a couple of seasons just to give them a wake up call about the Pyramid system!! I will also laugh when Hull City and their fans who have rubbished Bristol's World Cup Bid end up exactly where they came from - struggling in Division 4 - and it will happen!!

This is the Bristol City Fans' Forum.

Many of us certainly do NOT support a 'prem. team' as well.disapointed2se.gif

Sorry nogbad :fastasleep:

i dont think theres many? is there?

I've always liked liverpool but since we have got into the championship i've not been fussed nor bothered with liverpools results.

I will always watch an Arsenal game live if it is on TV because I know I will see some cracking football. But there is no team in the Premier League I support. Having said that it is nice to see Liverpool, Man Utd and any teams managed by Hughes, Bruce and Allardyce get turned over because I love seeing them bitch like babies at the refereeing performance.

If there is one team I positively dislike in the Premier League it is Bolton and their "closed shop Premier League" supporting scumbag of a chairman. I hope they end up in the Conference North for a couple of seasons just to give them a wake up call about the Pyramid system!! I will also laugh when Hull City and their fans who have rubbished Bristol's World Cup Bid end up exactly where they came from - struggling in Division 4 - and it will happen!!

Dont get me started on the scum that is bolton :bruce_h4h:

I was just interested to know what people would do if we reach the prem.....

Many of us support a prem team as well as city, so i guess the question is, would you then drop your support for that team?

Your mum decking out your bedroom with Liverpool duvets, pillow cases wallpaper etc, and watching Liverpool from the comfort of an armchair is not support

Your mum decking out your bedroom with Liverpool duvets, pillow cases wallpaper etc, and watching Liverpool from the comfort of an armchair is not support

dont be so picky, you know what i meant :tumbleweed:

and yeah you were right about the duvet & wallpaper, but i was young......

Good, i also support city hence why i had a season ticket for 9 years and why i go to more away games then not. id also would like man utd to win the league, i would always want city to beat them tho if they ever played each other.

It just makes the prem more exciting for me, i dont see the harm in it.

Yes, but you've said you support them - I Can't think of any reason to follow Man. Utd. unless you have family history in the Manchester area.

Do you think many young Mancunians grow up supporting Bristol City or hoping we'll win the League?dunno.gif

I have teams that I like or prefer to others. I like Aston Villa for their use of English players. But I'd never say i'd support another team, nor particularly look out for their results.

And to the poster who said he can't stand people who don't support their local club; I was born in Watford, and have lived in Bournemouth and now Manchester. Never in Bristol. I've been a season ticket holder for about 11 years, and only missed a dozen or so games (school or uni permitting). I've travelled from Bournemouth to Carlisle in a weekend to watch us, I've missed work, school, uni to follow the city. Why should you get to look down at me when you support Chelsea?

Yes, but you've said you support them - I Can't think of any reason to follow Man. Utd. unless you have family history in the Manchester area.

Do you think many young Mancunians grow up supporting Bristol City or hoping we'll win the League?dunno.gif

It just goes to show the general malaise in the region and why this club will never have very big attendances.

I'm like you Nogbad, I shudder when this thread rears its ugly head every few months.

My second team will always be the mighty Barnstoneworth United AFC founded 1907, dissolved 1935. The following 'Ripping Goblin Yarn' tells the tale of Barnstoneworth United of the Yorkshire Premier League. Gordon Ottershaw (Michael Palin) spends his whole life surrounded by everything Barnstoneworth, and after every weekly heavy defeat, he comes home and smashes up the front room in disgust. :winner_third_h4h:

Team names get reeled out many times, and nos. 9, 10 & 11 are usually MacIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt. Davitt seems to have scored twice in virtually every match, with bullet headers ("he once scored with the back of 'is 'ead, from 28 yards"). :winner_third_h4h:

Honours:

Yorkshire League Cup: 1914, 1921, 1922, 1935 Yorkshire Premier League: 1917, 1919, 1920, 1921, 1923, 1925.

Sorry nogbad :fastasleep:

i dont think theres many? is there?

I've always liked liverpool but since we have got into the championship i've not been fussed nor bothered with liverpools results.

Well the idea from the forum title, U&T, is that this forum is for BCFC fans, i.e. fanatics.

Sorry, but discussing which other clubs us City fans might support as well - (not possible for a fanatic, surelydunno.gif) - doesn't sit well with me.

It's BCFC against all the rest as far as I'm concerned, despite how successful they may be on the telly.doh.gif

It just goes to show the general malaise in the region and why this club will never have very big attendances.

I'm like you Nogbad, I shudder when this thread rears its ugly head every few months.

We need to get into the prem to catch the younger fans before they start supporting or should i say following the man u's & chelsea's on tv and buying replica kits etc.

Well the idea from the forum title, U&T, is that this forum is for BCFC fans, i.e. fanatics.

Sorry, but discussing which other clubs us City fans might support as well - (not possible for a fanatic, surelydunno.gif) - doesn't sit well with me.

It's BCFC against all the rest as far as I'm concerned, despite how successful they may be on the telly.doh.gif

Agree with you there, should of worded first post a little different tbh

The reason i do FOLLOW man utd is cause when i was younger nobody took me down the gate, so the only football i got to watch was on the box and for some reason i chose man utd winner_third_h4h.gif, but since my first city game im city through and through, thats where most my wages go after all on trains, away tickets, hotels etc.

Archived