IGNORED

What Would You Do?

Us_and_Them

Lager loud junior to lager loud: "I'm a Man U fan as well as a Bristol City fan"

Lager loud to lager loud junior: "No, you're not"

Conversation over. Proper parenting. If only there were more like me!!!

I always said if I had a son he would be a BCFC fan.

When he was born, the birth announcement in the EP ended with, "Another fan for the City."winner_third_h4h.gif

One of his first gifts was a BCFC bib saying, "I support Bristol City 'cos my Dad says so."winner_third_h4h.gif

As a toddler, I would often play him "When the Red, Red, Robin comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along' by Shag Connor and the Carrot Crunchers. Videoed him singing and dancing along to it dressed in City scarf and hat.winner_third_h4h.gif

First City shirt at 3, new one every other seson from then on.winner_third_h4h.gif

Took him down the Gate aged 4, season ticket at 7, he's barely missed a home game since.winner_third_h4h.gif

Took him to the old Wembley to see us lose to Stoke. He cried.crying.gifno.gif

Took him to Brentford for his first proper away game and City won.winner_third_h4h.gif He saw himself on the telly jumping up and down in the middle of the celebrating City fans.winner_third_h4h.gif

Went to the Brighton play off Final, he was old enough to think that was "rubbish". He didn't cry this time, he got cross and moped about sitting on the stairs for a few hours with his head in his hands.mad.gif

He broke his arm on the day of the Hartlepool game and we had to go to the B.R.I. Got out in time to take our seats in the East End and forgot about his plaster cast when charging on the pitch at the end.winner_third_h4h.gif

On the pitch again after clinching promotion, then he went off to celebrate with his pals and we hardly knew where he was until the next afternoon. The next day all was revealed when we saw him in the EP in his City shirt and holding a BCFC flag in the crowd outside the Council House.winner_third_h4h.gif

There you have it, job done, and no, I'd NEVER have bought him another team's shirt.city.gif

I always said if I had a son he would be a BCFC fan.

When he was born, the birth announcement in the EP ended with, "Another fan for the City."winner_third_h4h.gif

One of his first gifts was a BCFC bib saying, "I support Bristol City 'cos my Dad says so."winner_third_h4h.gif

As a toddler, I would often play him "When the Red, Red, Robin comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along' by Shag Connor and the Carrot Crunchers. Videoed him singing and dancing along to it dressed in City scarf and hat.winner_third_h4h.gif

First City shirt at 3, new one every other seson from then on.winner_third_h4h.gif

Took him down the Gate aged 4, season ticket at 7, he's barely missed a home game since.winner_third_h4h.gif

Took him to the old Wembley to see us lose to Stoke. He cried.crying.gifno.gif

Took him to Brentford for his first proper away game and City won.winner_third_h4h.gif He saw himself on the telly jumping up and down in the middle of the celebrating City fans.winner_third_h4h.gif

Went to the Brighton play off Final, he was old enough to think that was "rubbish". He didn't cry this time, he got cross and moped about sitting on the stairs for a few hours with his head in his hands.mad.gif

He broke his arm on the day of the Hartlepool game and we had to go to the B.R.I. Got out in time to take our seats in the East End and forgot about his plaster cast when charging on the pitch at the end.winner_third_h4h.gif

On the pitch again after clinching promotion, then he went off to celebrate with his pals and we hardly knew where he was until the next afternoon. The next day all was revealed when we saw him in the EP in his City shirt and holding a BCFC flag in the crowd outside the Council House.winner_third_h4h.gif

There you have it, job done, and no, I'd NEVER have bought him another team's shirt.city.gif

Ah, that's a lovely story.

I was just interested to know what people would do if we reach the prem.....

Many of us support a prem team as well as city, so i guess the question is, would you then drop your support for that team?

No not me.

I think supporting two teams is a generation thing. I think it started with the advent of the Premeirship in 1992 so if you grew up in the 90s you would have seen a lot more football on TV than the rest of us so I guest that they started supporting a big team from following on the telly.

<br /><br /><br />

Good man. My boy has friends in his football team who we see at City from time to time, but who turn up for training in Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea kits. It's just wrong.

My boy has a Galatasaray shirt, bought on holiday in Turkey last year. But I certainnly wouldn't buy him, or take him out in, another English club's top.

No not me.

I think supporting two teams is a generation thing. I think it started with the advent of the Premeirship in 1992 so if you grew up in the 90s you would have seen a lot more football on TV than the rest of us so I guest that they started supporting a big team from following on the telly.

Went to anfield as a kid to see the ground and met some of the players and i was instantly hooked on everything lfc.....as mentioned before duvet an all!

Obviously not a supporter but have been a keen follower knowing all the stats of players etc as you do at that age.

Then i was introduced to BCFC, cant remember which game it was for the life of me but CAN remember glyn riley havin a cracking game...

Archived