IGNORED

Premier League Loan Players

Night84

On a technicality, the very first was Andy Cole. When we signed him on loan (91-92 season) Arsenal were in Div 1 and City Div 2. At the end of that season the 22 clubs in Div 1 left the Football League to form the FA Premier League. City bought Andy Cole during the close season, so he was technically a Premier League player at the very end of his loan period.

92 -93 season Blackburn loaned defender Reid. Were Robert Fleck and Clayton Blackstock Prem players when we loaned them?

Can anyone tell me if we've ever had loan players from the Premier League?

Thanks

liam fontaine, sankofa, adam green. all came from fulham, didn't they? or am i imagining that with sankofa?

we also had that lad from birmingham on loan in the L1 promotion season, but can't remember if they were prem or CCC at the time

i believe we also had a spurs goalkeeper by the name of birch/burch

liam fontaine, sankofa, adam green. all came from fulham, didn't they? or am i imagining that with sankofa?

we also had that lad from birmingham on loan in the L1 promotion season, but can't remember if they were prem or CCC at the time

i believe we also had a spurs goalkeeper by the name of birch/burch

Sankofa was from Charlton as was Kelly Youga when they were both here at the same time.

Nick Wright was the lad from birmingham but they were in the championship that season.

Also in the same season we had John Ruddy onloan from Everton for the one appearance. Adam Federici who was on loan most of the season from Reading was from the Premier League too.

Does it matter either way? I really don't understand this obsession with premier league youngsters. Yes they're technically good potential stars but most have attitude problems and I don't think we could be doing much better than we are currently. Of course we could be playing better football and have a more attacking mentality in games which I think recently we've shown signs of improvement, especially with the latest two signings.

Archived