IGNORED

Bring On The Ceremonial Sword

arpaul

Where to start.

Firstly I am neither pro, nor anti- Johnson. I am a Bristol Cty City supporter/Season ticket holder and Shareholder.

Secondly: To the "supporter" who was shouting for Johnsons head in row ZC, Block B of the Dolman Stand, I apologise for telling him to shut up until after the game!!!! (This was at 3-0)

Thirdly: I apologise for leaving after my half time Blackthorn in the Dolman. Whilst it was only 4-0, by the time we'd got to the car in Smyth Road..............it was 6!!!!

I can't, at this moment in time, remember a Bristol City side that I've watched (since 67-68) lay down and surrender in such a pathetic way at home.

Terry Coopers boys (that is what they were) fought in the 7-1 mauling at Northampton.

Joe Jordans team bounced back and gained promotion after their 6-0 trouncing at Tranmere: and

The incompetent Tinnion fell on his sword after the Swansea bebacle..

But tonight WE WERE AT HOME.........to a team who whilst only 4 points above us, were light years ahead of us in teamwork, style and quality.

Since our inglorious Wembley failure, we have slowly regressed, and in my opinion, unless something changes soon, I fear a relegation battle is just a spring away. ( Did I hear 2 wins in 15?)

Mr Johnson has been allowed to spend a substantial amount of money during his tenure, and let's be fair; How many of his signings could be sold for handsome profits?

If Mr Johnson is reading.... I am sorry, but time is up. I fear this is as far as we can go. Thank you for all you have done in getting us this far. Now is the time to throw yourself on your sword.

If Mr Lansdown is reading.....Act before it is too late. There are a few candidates....Curbishley, Coppell, Hughes..... oh and a result from tonight:...Danny Wilson 3 High flying Leeds 0

If Mr Lansdown is reading.....Act before it is too late. There are a few candidates....Curbishley, Coppell, Hughes..... oh and a result from tonight:...Danny Wilson 3 High flying Leeds 0

Is this a joke? What on earth makes you think that Alan Curbishley and Mark Hughes would want to take over here?

Yes, brilliant, Danny Wilson's team won a game a night our team lost one. Why don't we sign Billy Paynter while we're at it, and get Christian Roberts back in the side. Fantastic.

Is this a joke? What on earth makes you think that Alan Curbishley and Mark Hughes would want to take over here?

Yes, brilliant, Danny Wilson's team won a game a night our team lost one. Why don't we sign Billy Paynter while we're at it, and get Christian Roberts back in the side. Fantastic.

While were at it, i'd sack some of the players and coaching staff, can't just blame johnson! carey - out , maynard - out, hartley - out!

The most accurate post of the night imo. Yes, it was diabolocally bad and even more embarressing than the 1-6 beating by Wolves 12 years ago. On SSN words like 'thrashing' and 'hammering' echo in the direction of Bristol City. Its humilliating to be a City fan tonight.

Shame on Johnson who clearly showed that he's exhausted his skills at City and its time for him to go. No if's or buts, its time to go.

I didn't say they would want to take over here. I simply highlighted them as possible candidates who are available, and may be interested in taking over a team on the ".......so called up"

The Danny Wilson remark was just a bit of mischeivous fun............and, as for Billy Painter, I think that is ridiculous........we have enough strikers at the moment, and whilst Christian Roberts is a good call..............hasn't he retired?

The most accurate post of the night imo. Yes, it was diabolocally bad and even more embarressing than the 1-6 beating by Wolves 12 years ago. On SSN words like 'thrashing' and 'hammering' echo in the direction of Bristol City. Its humilliating to be a City fan tonight.

Shame on Johnson who clearly showed that he's exhausted his skills at City and its time for him to go. No if's or buts, its time to go.

Yet only a couple of weeks ago you said -

'Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

Back - at least untill the end of the season. No point getting rid of any manager in mid-season when the club is not in the relgation zone. "

While were at it, i'd sack some of the players and coaching staff, can't just blame johnson! carey - out , maynard - out, hartley - out!

Mr Johnson is the manager, and ultimately responsible for results, in a results driven business. As for the players; how many of our squad would actually get into any other top six championship side?

Roberts has retired but how about Lee Peacock.. !!! Just kiddin!!!

Mr Johnson is the manager, and ultimately responsible for results, in a results driven business. As for the players; how many of our squad would actually get into any other top six championship side?

I'm glad to see you haven't let one bad result cloud your judgement.

Watch the Nicky Maynard wonder goal (253,727 views to date) and breath deeply:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boZsyDYAvBc

I'm glad to see you haven't let one bad result cloud your judgement.

Watch the Nicky Maynard wonder goal (253,727 views to date) and breath deeply:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=boZsyDYAvBc

I'm glad too. Like I said, I'm neither pro or anti Johnson. I want what's best for Bristol City Football Club, and whilst Mr Johnson has dragged us up by our boot laces and into the Championship, you can't argue with the fact that since the play off final, we haven't moved forward. We have regressed in both results and performance. And, like it or not, that is the responsibilty of the manager.

Thanks for the video clip, however, would one goal alone justify an inclusion into any of the top six championship sides?

This is just getting more and more ridiculous. So apparently Danny Wilson is now a better man for the job again just because his currently impressive Swindon side beat an off form in the league Leeds team who seem more interested in FA cup headlines?? Some people need to seriously get a grip. Comments like "which of our players would get in other top 6 teams" are just plain stupid! We are NOT a top 6 team! We've not too long come up a division and are STILL a decent top half team. Gary will sort it out IF he's given the time and patience that he deserves.

This is just getting more and more ridiculous. So apparently Danny Wilson is now a better man for the job again just because his currently impressive Swindon side beat an off form in the league Leeds team who seem more interested in FA cup headlines??

Please refer to my earlier post regarding Danny Wilson

Some people need to seriously get a grip. Comments like "which of our players would get in other top 6 teams" are just plain stupid! We are NOT a top 6 team! We've not too long come up a division and are STILL a decent top half team. Gary will sort it out IF he's given the time and patience that he deserves.

My point exactly....Get a grip.

No, we aren't top 6.........but we were two seasons ago!! Since then we have REgressed in both performance and quality. For all the players Mr Johnson has brought into the club, they have not improved our position.

I am a realist. I believe that this is the division where a club like ours should be. I have no problems with not being in the Premier League. However, surely we need to compete at this level, and look to PROgress season on season? Can you honestly say you've been entertained on a regular basis SINCE the play off season?

I have to disagree with your comment about a decent "top half side"...I think "unimaginative workmanlike mid table side"

Alas, I fear time is up for Mr Johnson, but; If he stays then I hope I will be proved wrong fingerscrossed.gif

ive just had 2 txts from 2 different people within the space of 20 mins saying johnson has saturdays game at boro to save his job if theres no reaction from the team he's gone

personally i think that would be a bad idea at least give the bloke till the end of the season it would be really bad timing to get rid of gj at least wait till were mathematicaly safe in the league in case things get even worse

ive just had 2 txts from 2 different people within the space of 20 mins saying johnson has saturdays game at boro to save his job if theres no reaction from the team he's gone

Were they both in SL's office? I can't imagine anyone outside of management would know that.

Archived