IGNORED

**** It... Robbo Was Right

Jordan Tansley

I don't want GJ sacked but I want something free to make up for that inept performance. Its unnacceptable to get battered at home to your local rivals. I don't expect a ticket refund as that would cost the club too much. Free top or ticket to a cup match?

We better seriously improve over the few games or even the most staunch GJ supporter will lose faith.

Thats ridiculous. You pay to watch a football match - anything else you get is a bonus.....

SL is already forking out loads to keep us in this division - dont think he needs to put his hand in his pocket to appease fans... he does enough of that.

Sean o Driscoll would get us playing the type of football City fans crave. Tisdale is only mentioned because hes another west country manager, he has absolutly zero experience above bottom half league one.

By using your logic, O'driscoll should'nt be manager because he has'nt no experience of the top half of the championship....

Thats ridiculous. You pay to watch a football match - anything else you get is a bonus.....

SL is already forking out loads to keep us in this division - dont think he needs to put his hand in his pocket to appease fans... he does enough of that.

Well maybe it doesn't have to cost the club, The Wigan players met the bill for their fans. Maybe its just a knee jerk reaction of mine and we don't need compensating, but some kind of jesture seems appropriate.

Well maybe it doesn't have to cost the club, The Wigan players met the bill for their fans. Maybe its just a knee jerk reaction of mine and we don't need compensating, but some kind of jesture seems appropriate.

The only gesture needs to come from the man in charge and responsible. GARY JOHNSON.

Tisdale? only thought of because hes a West country manager, Zero experience above bottom half of league one, no thanks.

Sean O Driscoll would give City fans the sort of football we crave.

Tisdale's exeter also play very good football. Not only that he's took them up two divisions and he's still making waves...

O'driscoll has taken doncaster up and not done much since - I think johnson's a better manager than him

By using your logic, O'driscoll should'nt be manager because he has'nt no experience of the top half of the championship....

he has! they finsihed there last season im sure!

the championship is a long long way ahead of League one, No offence but a small period of success with Exeter doesn't hold as much credence as sustained success in the chamionship playing awesome football!

Appreciate that Tisdale has done a fantastic Job there, but we are crying out for someone who has the know how and experience of this league, If we want another GJ then we'll not progress any further... Granted Tisdale is a gamble that might pay off amazingly, but is it a gamble we can afford to take in this stage of our development as a club?

we're crying out for experience and leadership.

O'driscoll is that man in my opinion!

No, my logic is that hes a proven good manager in the Championship and that Tisdale isnt.

how do managers prove themselves, by getting a chance...

O'driscoll has only proven that he can keep a team in the bottom half of the championship - he has'nt proved much in my opinion.

Robbo. you don't at all.

you're loving it.

you were wrong about the formation though weren't you? will you face the music on that charge? I mean after all it was YOU who convinced GJ to change wasn't it?

In all seriousness though, I agree he's done all he can now. time for all parties to move onward and upward.

How exactly was that the fault of the formation ?

To be honest formation and team selection Johnson got it about right, shown by the fact that we battered Cardiff until we scored, where Johnson got it wrong for me was with deciding to go with a rediculously high back line against such a quick attacking force, and his lack of decisiveness at half time, Gerken should have been pulled off, as should Carey, it probably wouldn't have made a massive impact on the result but it would have sent a message that if you are crap it doesn't matter who you are you will come off, Carey looked completely disinterested which is completely unacceptable for your captain, and Gerken was a shambles, i feel for Fonts as the first goal hit him hard as despite it being Gerkens fault he knew he could have dealt with it, and he then spent the rest of the game basically playing Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack, Ledley and Wittingham on his tod when they got near the box, he had a complete shitter but he was mostly all on his own at the back tonight.

They keep getting bollockings but too many players know they can be as crap as they like and Johnson will do nothing about it, and thats why for me he has to go, Orr has been crap for a good while now, but instead of dropping him he farms out the only natural replacement out on loan all but showing Orr that he's undroppable, same goes for the closest natural centre back we have, although injured at the moment keeps getting farmed out despite the fact that our defence has been poor for a rather long time now, were it not for the majestic shot stopping abilities of Basso and Gerken we would have been much nearer the bottom than we are now, i remember seeing a telling stat at the back end of last season showing the number of saves that Keepers had to make in this division and Basso was top by a distance which is somehwhat worrying for a team that finished 10th and shows just how much we rely on our keepers. I don't know of any other teams where the keeper has to make at least 1, often many more top draw saves every single game just to keep anything like a clean sheet.

Tisdale's exeter also play very good football. Not only that he's took them up two divisions and he's still making waves...

O'driscoll has taken doncaster up and not done much since - I think johnson's a better manager than him

Us City fans who have been around for a while also remember the way O Driscolls Bournemouth sides used to outplay us with quality football. Hes never been at a club where hes had money to spend but has always done well. If he had the Money Johnson has spent over the last 3 years i bet he would have a far more balanced and better footballing side than we have now

You carry on thinking Johnson is a better manager than him, i didnt see Burnley trying to take GJ off our hands.

Although ex City i dont believe Tisdale would even be considered good enough at the moment.

How exactly was that the fault of the formation ?

well, we were over-run in the middle and had no protection for the poor centre bqack which we have had most of the season.

the concession of playing wingers and attacking led to us having a lot of gaps.

the problem with attacking formations is you leave yourself exposed when things go wrong. today they went wrong, so technically it's teh fault of the formation.

of course the fact we have a manager who is losing faith in himself and a squad who dont seem confident enough anymore didn't help!!!

Us City fans who have been around for a while also remember the way O Driscolls Bournemouth sides used to outplay us with quality football. Hes never been at a club where hes had money to spend but has always done well. If he had the Money Johnson has spent over the last 3 years i bet he would have a far more balanced and better footballing side than we have now

You carry on thinking Johnson is a better manager than him, i didnt see Burnley trying to take GJ off our hands.

Although ex City i dont believe Tisdale would even be considered good enough at the moment.

Look, I would be happy if o'driscoll was made manager, but my opinion is GJ's a better manager and so is tisdale...

Tisdale is "not good enough at the moment" what does that mean?

he's shown lots of promise and it wont be long until a big club takes a chance. I think we should get in there before that happens....

either way o'driscoll or tisdale - i would be happy with either

how do managers prove themselves, by getting a chance...

O'driscoll has only proven that he can keep a team in the bottom half of the championship - he has'nt proved much in my opinion.

And Tisdale would win us the Championship obviously in your eyes.

Of course you could go for Skiverton from Yeovil, look how he outwitted your Tisdale last weekwhistle.gif

And Tisdale would win us the Championship obviously in your eyes.

Of course you could go for Skiverton from Yeovil, look how he outwitted your Tisdale last weekwhistle.gif

And o'driscoll would win us the championship in your eyes???

Coventry beat donnie recently.... coleman must be a better manager than o'driscoll noexpression.gif

I don't do this very often but having watched tonight's game I thought I'd reinstate my account and offer a view too. What I found interesting was the reaction of Fontaine after the first goal went in, and how he looked long and hard at Millen and the bench for support and guidance. He seemed to blame Gerken - rightly or wrongly - and from that moment on he seemed lost. McCallister too seemed to be woefully out of his depth, and I thought that became quickly apparent.

Who could have replaced them I don't know, but leaving players on the pitch who appear to have lost their way is inexcusable, and responsibility for that rests firmly on the shoulders of those in the dug out. The last time I saw such a monumental mistake was at the Play Off final - where Bradley Orr was clearly suffering and GJ and his team should have seen that and done the right thing.

I have no idea who should replace GJ, but I feel that he has taken the club as far as he's able. The last time we lost in such dramatic fashion to a club from South Wales the then manager walked away - GJ should do the same.

Look, I would be happy if o'driscoll was made manager, but my opinion is GJ's a better manager and so is tisdale...

Tisdale is "not good enough at the moment" what does that mean?

he's shown lots of promise and it wont be long until a big club takes a chance. I think we should get in there before that happens....

either way o'driscoll or tisdale - i would be happy with either

It means what it says, if he came here now he wouldnt know what had hit him. We are in a mess, all the young talent farmed out on loan and a squad which is full of totaly average players except for one or two.

Hes had a relativly easy ride of it so far, any decent manager should get a club the size of Exeter out of the conference. He did well to get out of league 2 but is now in a simaler position to GJ where he seems to be running out of ideas if you look at there league position.

It means what it says, if he came here now he wouldnt know what had hit him. We are in a mess, all the young talent farmed out on loan and a squad which is full of totaly average players except for one or two.

Hes had a relativly easy ride of it so far, any decent manager should get a club the size of Exeter out of the conference. He did well to get out of league 2 but is now in a simaler position to GJ where he seems to be running out of ideas if you look at there league position.

A mess? we are 11th with a very good squad of players..

If a new manager is coming, number one on the wishlist is that they have recent experience of getting a similar sized club promoted to the prem...and accept no substitute.

So far I can think of Curbs and Coppell

If a new manager is coming, number one on the wishlist is that they have recent experience of getting a similar sized club promoted to the prem...and accept no substitute.

So far I can think of Curbs and Coppell

But the last post of yours was bemoaning poor football.

Curbishley bored the charlton fans into hating him.

Coppell I can get my head around because he did do it( well, he picked up Pardews good work and took it on one more level) But Curbishley is not what we need.

at all.

ever.

If we're talking replacements for GJ Adkins from S****horpe has done not too badly on a small budget, plays some excellent football when I have seen them, probably would be easier to get here than O'Driscoll and I'm sure would relish the chance to take a step forward in his career. Not to mention he is one of the nicest guys in the game. He gets my vote.

Archived