IGNORED

The What Minute Did You Leave? Thread.....

Taunton_City

I left 5 homes games ago,

I cannot watch that dross from a manager who is clearly out of his depth,

He decided he wasnt talking to the press anymore because he is a little man who cant handle fans who are fed up with his poor excuses.

I travelled home and lots of away games this season, for me the writing was on the wall last season with teams poor performances.

This season he has failed imo to strengthen the team with quality, he continues to gamble on signings that have no CCC experience and most of the time gets it wrong.

If mr S L really wants prem football you have to buy quality players, if you want to win the league or promotion as he keeps saying he needs to buy players with prem experience or prem quality.

No matter what level of football you watch including semi-pro the teams at the top have players who can play at a higher level, Bristol City have possibly 1 player ( given the correct coaching) who could make a squad in the prem and thats Maynard, the rest of this team are playing at the highest possible league they could perform in, you will not win promotion with these players.

I fully respect City do not have the money to get to the prem, so lets stop talking crap, I would be more than happy to see the likes of Akinde and Ribiero and Wilson given an opportunity at this club, ORR , Maccer and Boom Boom are poor (lack quality) .

Gary Johnsons transfer fiasco's are becoming a total joke, He spent 18 months tracking Clarkson, 8 Months tracking Metab then signs him then decides he wasnt right, Styvarr, Stern john who was awful then lets him stay the rest of the season, to be honest there are so many its a joke,

Thanks Gary for getting us up but like most of that team we now need to move on and bring in the people who have the knowledge and the players of that quality if we truly want to fill a 30,000 stadium and get us to the next level.

Thanks Gary for getting us up but like most of that team we now need to move on and bring in the people who have the knowledge and the players of that quality if we truly want to fill a 30,000 stadium and get us to the next level.

The way things are at present there will be no more than 10,000 of us rattling around in the 30,000 capacity stadium. We'll hear echoes not chants.

I didn't go.

Stayed at home and fell into a really fitful sleep. Had a terrible nightmare. We were playing Cardiff and we were 0-3 down after 25minutes.

Then it got worse, and worse, and worse.

In reality, 94th minute of course. Is there an alternative?

I stayed till the end, as always. Some of those paper aeroplanes floating around in the Dolman were quite entertaining wink.gif

Fair play to Orr, Skuse and Maynard for applauding those of us who endured to the end. It takes a bit of courage to face the crowd after a display like that!

Stayed until the end as always eventhough I could have left at half time and got home last night rather than having to get up at 5.15 this morning to go home! To be honest I thought at 0-4 at half time you never know - look what happened at Peterbrough! As soon as the fifth went in I thought it would be 8 or 9 but I stayed. Whats the point in shelling out for a season ticket if you're only going to watch half the games?!

At half time i was thinking if we could get 1 or 2 back in the 2nd half then we could make it a bit more respectable ! but when 5 then 6 went in i decided enough was enough, I think what also helped my decision to leave at that time was my 2 sons 7 & 10 was getting fed up with getting hit by programs and listening to some of the language ! OK you could hardly expect people to sit there quite but this was in the family part of the dolman !

Stayed til way after teh final whistle... you don't get a choice in the Dolman!

debated staying until the players came out for their warm down to ask exactly what they thought that was about.... decided i'd probably be banned if i showed discontent at that!

always stay til the end. don't see the point in coming 20 miles or whatever to not stay... I quite enjoyed laughing at the guy infront lecturing people leaving after 25 minutes then not coming back at half time! I enjoyed paper areoplanes even more!

Stayed till the end as always, expected a 7th in the 89th min!. Compared to 15-20 years ago the reaction at the end was very tameyes.gif .There would have been allsorts going on outside and inside the ground in the past.

Modern day England and what do we get, a few programmes thrown on the pitchrofl2br.gif .

Yep. I expect headlines in the EP later will highlight how cross people were as they trudged home. tounge.gif

Walked out about 10 mins after the 6th goal went in, i was not prepared to stand and watch that for any longer. I would have stayed if they would have at least started to challenge for the ball and put in some passion but they looked completly dis interested.

Im sorry but im not prepared to clap off players that earn thousands a week, **** them.

Stayed till the end as always, expected a 7th in the 89th min!. Compared to 15-20 years ago the reaction at the end was very tameyes.gif .There would have been allsorts going on outside and inside the ground in the past.

Modern day England and what do we get, a few programmes thrown on the pitchrofl2br.gif .

Exactly right.

I stayed to the end as usual. A bit of booing and a few 'what a load of rubbish' chants does not amount to a demonstration. About 50 free programmes got chucked, usually as an angry reaction after a goal rather than a concerted Johnson Out protest.

At the risk of raising a Carry On film style guffaw, I can remember the 'Dicks out' chants going on for weeks back in the 70s. There was a home game against Boro when a section of the East End jumped over the barrier to the Enclosure (Williams Stand) to make their protest even more obvious to the directors. No attempt was made to stop them and Harry Dolman just smiled in their direction once and watched the rest of the game (a 2-0 home defeat I seem to recall).

Oh and back to last night. There must have been some Concorde engineers in the Dolman because a couple of those darts cruised a helluva long way from near the back of the stand. And no they did not crash and burn, that was the team.

Stayed til lthe end and clapped Maynard, Orr, Skuse and Sno, the only players that could be f ** ked to walk over to the EE. I booed heavily at the final whistle and my program had already been launched following the 3rd. I swore a long time ago I'd never leave early, besides, I wanted to see if we'd provide any response whatsoever. We didn't.

I stayed until the end, but that was the first time I can actually ever recalling thinking "sod this i'll go home, theyre not bothering so why should I?"

It does frustrate me because I had spent over an hour before the game lugging boxes about for the Supporters Trust, and helping the club out with stuff, and it does make me ask myself sometimes why do I give the time I do for free to then be met with that on the pitch.

God I love this club, but last night nearly broke me. I am sure in a few days I will be fine, but to say I have been walking around all day feeling gutted would be to put it mildly.

I stayed until the end, but that was the first time I can actually ever recalling thinking "sod this i'll go home, theyre not bothering so why should I?"

It does frustrate me because I had spent over an hour before the game lugging boxes about for the Supporters Trust, and helping the club out with stuff, and it does make me ask myself sometimes why do I give the time I do for free to then be met with that on the pitch.

God I love this club, but last night nearly broke me. I am sure in a few days I will be fine, but to say I have been walking around all day feeling gutted would be to put it mildly.

Obviously, I was'nt at the match last night but the Dog certainly has a sore backside and is in hiding. As for the little French fella from the water board who called today...........never mess with Tone when he's in a piss buddy !!!! disapointed2se.gif

Can understand fans frustration, it was a shocking result, but I'm not sure walking out on your team when it needs you the most is that productive.

There are no excuses, if you think you might walk out then don't bother turning up, If a football result can upset you that much then perhaps a nice cup of coco and an episode of Friends might be better plan for your evenings and Saturdays, but if you really must insist on top quality football then i think your supporting the wrong team.

I was a couple of rows behind you Dolls. You seemed very jovial given the circumstances (unlike my miserable, whinging self).

Can understand fans frustration, it was a shocking result, but I'm not sure walking out on your team when it needs you the most is that productive.

There are no excuses, if you think you might walk out then don't bother turning up, If a football result can upset you that much then perhaps a nice cup of coco and an episode of Friends might be better plan for your evenings and Saturdays, but if you really must insist on top quality football then i think your supporting the wrong team.

When did they did us more, 0-4, 0-5 or 0-6? How else can a supporter protest without using their feet?

If my team losing 0-6 I didn't get upset then maybe I would be supporting the wrong team

Can you stop being a **** for just one minute? Get your tounge out of Johnsons ass and think about what you're saying. If it upsets you that much, then clearly it means a hell of a lot to you, so you shouldn't stay home. What a ridiculous suggestion on a post that is supposedly trying to encourage 'good support'. And I don't expect top quality football, I expect us to show some f ** king pride and passion when wearing the badge we all love and to not go down 6-0 at home to one of our most bitter rivals without putting up any fight!

When did they did us more, 0-4, 0-5 or 0-6? How else can a supporter protest without using their feet?

If my team losing 0-6 I didn't get upset then maybe I would be supporting the wrong team

For 90 mins a fan needs to be there, Is it too much to ask from someone who has already PAID for his ticket to see the match out? Walking out in a huff after a few goals is spineless, I'm sorry but it is. Sure a 6-0 drubbing is embarrassing, but getting upset aint gonna help, blaming GJ will defiantly not help.

Supporters have every right to protest, Jeez don't we know it too! Just sad to see when the going gets tough the tough start crying.

Can you stop being a **** for just one minute? Get your tounge out of Johnsons ass and think about what you're saying. If it upsets you that much, then clearly it means a hell of a lot to you, so you shouldn't stay home. What a ridiculous suggestion on a post that is supposedly trying to encourage 'good support'. And I don't expect top quality football, I expect us to show some f ** king pride and passion when wearing the badge we all love and to not go down 6-0 at home to one of our most bitter rivals without putting up any fight!

So you expect the players to show pride and passion even in the most miserable circumstances, but its perfectly acceptable for a fan to do the off?

That looks good doesnt it? this is how my 6 yr old niece behaves.

Archived