IGNORED

The What Minute Did You Leave? Thread.....

Taunton_City

Supporting a Football club is about taking the rough with the smooth. I have seen City top of the old 1st Division (only for 24 hours i might add) and ive seen us bottom of the old 4th Division. So i stayed until the 94th minute tonight, i dont turn and hide when things are going against us .....

CITY TILL I DIE

(not just when we are winning)

Supporting a Football club is about taking the rough with the smooth. I have seen City top of the old 1st Division (only for 24 hours i might add) and ive seen us bottom of the old 4th Division. So i stayed until the 94th minute tonight, i dont turn and hide when things are going against us .....

CITY TILL I DIE

I dont think its about turning and hiding, but it was a night game, people paid good money, rush home from work etc. Then to have a display like that, what is going to go through your head

"This is mint, lets stay till the end"

or

"Hang on, i got to be up for work early in the morning, i got things to do around the house, wife to talk to, kids to see, blah blah blah, im off"

CITY TILL I DIE

Unfortunately there were people in attendance last night who "didn't turn and hide" (like GJ did in the dugout) when things were going against us but who thought it was a great idea to mock our off form Keeper for 70 minutes. Perhaps they should have left earlier on this occasion.

My little boy summed it up for me, he never wants to leave until the final whistle,(ever), but last night when the 6th went in, he turned to me and said,"Dad, I would rather be picking up Marley's(New Puppy) dog mess than watch anymore of this. in the end we left on 82 minutes, gutted and deflated, but one thing I will say, is that when the line up was annouced, most people wanted this team and formation 4-4-2 with two wingers. We looked excellent in the first 20 minutes, they had the one shot, scored and then just fell to pieces.

Stayed the whole game....

before anyone calls me a super-fan - I aint....

Can totally understand people leaving and totally understand people booing....

But i stayed to endure that terrible performance - just to see what happened I suppose... (crowd reaction etc)

cant see how GJ can stay now after the fans reacted like they did last night.

cant see how GJ can stay now after the fans reacted like they did last night.

I think when he reflects on the whole night he'll realise that the City fans were quite reserved with the whole occasion. The game followed with the obvious "Gary out" responses, but things will subside quickly, although maybe not to the same level as yesterday at 7.45pm.

I strongly believe he'll stay, we'll have a quite average remainder of the season (finishing 10th-15th) and SL will make his move (if any) in May.

I think when he reflects on the whole night he'll realise that the City fans were quite reserved with the whole occasion. The game followed with the obvious "Gary out" responses, but things will subside quickly, although maybe not to the same level as yesterday at 7.45pm.

I strongly believe he'll stay, we'll have a quite average remainder of the season (finishing 10th-15th) and SL will make his move (if any) in May.

quite reserved?

for me, seeing hundreds of programmes chucked on the pitch said it all.....

quite reserved?

for me, seeing hundreds of programmes chucked on the pitch said it all.....

It could have been a lot nastier than that Riaz. The most annoyed supporters had left the ground after an hour and Johnson didn't get as much abuse as some managers at other clubs would have got. In fact the very same Atyeo who had abused Gerken all night applauded him off.

The likes of us who had stayed to the end had pretty much chilled out by full time because the last half hour was like a training ground kickabout.

It could have been a lot nastier than that Riaz. The most annoyed supporters had left the ground after an hour and Johnson didn't get as much abuse as some managers at other clubs would have got. In fact the very same Atyeo who had abused Gerken all night applauded him off.

The likes of us who had stayed to the end had pretty much chilled out by full time because the last half hour was like a training ground kickabout.

I agree. But i feel the throwing of hundreds of programmes was a massive sign of no confidence in the manager....

If at THAT point he does not want to go, there is something wrong..

I agree. But i feel the throwing of hundreds of programmes was a massive sign of no confidence in the manager....

If at THAT point he does not want to go, there is something wrong..

I think it proves that if you've received a FREE programme and someone throws one onto the pitch you'll quite happily copy them :)

At half time I said I would leave if they got a sixth, in the end I stayed till the 80th minute, first time in my life (been going since 1984) I have left early, this is up there with the 3-0 defeat to the sags at trumpton when they went on to win the league and I never thought I could be that depressed again.

oh this is no way as depressing as that night, I was there and stayed till the end as well.

I left early during Jordan's last game in charge during his 2nd spell, got home before the final whistle.

5-1 away at Blackpool April 2002 was bad enough especially when we were supposed to be going for a pray-off place against a mediocre Blackpool side. 0-6 at home against Baaadiff with a squad of players assembled at probably great expense is the worst home defeat I have ever witnessed. I stuck it out to the end for both games but it certainly was torture.

oh this is no way as depressing as that night, I was there and stayed till the end as well.

I was at trumpton that night and the performance was crap, but the players didn't stop trying, last night they gave up 0-2 down, unforgivable.

Had we come out in the second half and put some tackles in and looked like we were trying to make amends for the first 45 minutes I would have put the first half down to a bad day at the office, but they came out and were just as uncommitted.

0-6 at home against Baaadiff with a squad of players assembled at probably great expense is the worst home defeat I have ever witnessed.

Yep. Take the emotion out of it and that was the worst performance in my lifetime I would say, given the supposed talent on display. I can't remember anything as bad.

Archived