IGNORED

Who Would You Want?

CityCiderEd

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's a decent coach that a lot of people won't have heard of: Mart Nooij, a Dutchman who was in charge of Mozambique in the African Nations Cup - they didn't qualify for the second round and although he got the boot, the rumour is that Nigeria might be after him...especially as they were knocked out of the tournament by Ghana this afternoon.

How about an ex-Manchester United striker? It's a formula that's worked at City before...

Yeah, god help the likes of Fergie, Erikkson & Capello. They'll never win anything I tells thee.

It's just a shame that Johnson falls just that tiny bit short of that category of manager (it's a bit like comparing Bristol City not having wingers to Chelsea)!! Although he will still get enough time to prove otherwise.

Ferguson and Wenger are hardly improving. Dead meat.

Bring on the future.

Forgive him father.......he knows not what he says!

I'm no Glory hunting Bristolian who gets their kicks following either of these two teams managed by Mr "Dead Meat".............Far from it, I am a Bristol City Supporter.

I am, however, a realist.

How can you call Ferguson and Wenger Dead Meat?

Another Wembley final for Ferguson, and both sides in the top three in the Premier League again?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but look out for the guys in white coats 'bristolcitysweden'

Mods stop this shit, every post is a bloody pole, and this is not construtive , seriously sort yuor shit out, great new toy but hey tis is etting ******* silly

Ity's not a 'new toy', the vast majority of threads are not polls, and it is a hot topic and therefore interesting many people. So what exactly is your point?

My point........ same thread going on without the vote in every bloody topic take a grip, im emotional i am gutted whats happened lets all take 2 and release we are moving in the right direction, we all expect instant sucess it wont happen, please lets stop tis huge divide occurring. Johnson is here and for a while, do we really need a thread like this, no we dont. If this carrys on we will turn what could be a building season into a bloody releagtion battle, sort it

Forgive him father.......he knows not what he says!

I'm no Glory hunting Bristolian who gets their kicks following either of these two teams managed by Mr "Dead Meat".............Far from it, I am a Bristol City Supporter.

I am, however, a realist.

How can you call Ferguson and Wenger Dead Meat?

Another Wembley final for Ferguson, and both sides in the top three in the Premier League again?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but look out for the guys in white coats 'bristolcitysweden'

Don't worry.

I will sort them out with a 33 cl. glass bottle of Péché Mortel (Canadian Beer).

Cheers

Tommy

Mods stop this shit, every post is a bloody pole, and this is not construtive , seriously sort yuor shit out, great new toy but hey tis is etting ******* silly

'Tis true, all these bloody polls are started to grate on me now, i saw enough of them working in Ikea today i thought i would get away from them on here, clearly not!

He wants a prem team...

What do you have against unproven managers - ALL managers started out unproven

I dont have anything against unproven managers....I just dont believe that, at this moment in time, bringing in an unproven manager is going to help our cause.

We are on 35 points I believe, thats at about another 6 wins from safety. Imagine if Johnson left tomorrow, you would bring in a League 2 manager who would need to find his feet at this level. Cloughie, Ferguson for example, to excellent managers....yet are taking there time to find their feet at this level. yes, they may not have had much in terms of funds...but neither would any new manager who would come to the City

I have nothing against unproven managers, just honestly dont feel thats what this club would need at the minute.

As for Curbishley, has he told you that personally? I havent seen the prem clubs queueing up for him I have to say

I wouldn't have thought Adkins wouldn't have required a big compensation package but I am no expert on the ins and outs of S****horpe. It's just he seems to have S****horpe playing entertaining football and has worked with a small budget and without too much disrespect to S****horpe would probably love the chance to step up a level to our club.

As for Curbishley he has just gotten so much cash out of West Ham he can afford to wait for a job in the premier league rather than risking his reputation dropping down a division.

Coppell would be ok I guess despite the fact he is the most monotonous man in history. But some of his valuable 'top level experience' that you mention was getting Reading relegated.

I don't see why top level experience is a must if I'm honest. I know people want a manager who has gotten out of this division before but it's no guarantee of them being able to do a good job and it's just gonna end up more expensive. And say SL was to weild the axe on GJ we'd already be paying a hefty compensation sum to him anyway. Couple that with the fact that the club is leaking money anyway and maybe a move for some of the higher profile names isn't financially viable.

Sorry but Steve Coppell is in a completely different league to GJ, not only did he make Reading a Premier League club but he also got Crystal Palace into the FA Cup final, largely considered one of the best British managers about you clearly do not know a thing about football if you dont rate him at this level.

Well.... I think those four is out of the question, as we will have a big pay off to pay johnson who has only just signed a 5 year contract! Personally wouldn't want to see johnson go but as our football has got worse and teams know how we play now think a change is needed. The manager who I think should be looked at is either Paul Hartley or Paul Tisdale from Exeter as he has city connections. I just think anyone bigger we would not be able to afford due to signing johnson up for 5 years.

Archived