IGNORED

Sack Or Give More Time ?

Frome Red

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reading are currently 5 points behind us.. we really are in danger of being pulled into the relegation mire.

I can honestly see us going down unless something drastic happens soon.

Things have gone stale here and it's been coming for a while, A few wins here and there have covered over the cracks but now I can't see where the next win is coming from.

We need someone fresh and new who can bring some positivity back to AG much like GJ did when he took over.

Reading are currently 5 points behind us.. we really are in danger of being pulled into the relegation mire.

I have to agree with you Tom. The relegation area is beckoning and I am starting to get a little bit worried. We desperately NEED a decent striker and Maynard is not the answer. He is too young to have that responsibility of main striker on his shoulders. How long will the board give Johnson? When we are in the relegation zone or when we are relegated? The football has been poor and we have gone backwards I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket and throwing away money travelling away. I do not think it will be long before supporters start voting with their feet!!

Our form over the last 46 game is pretty much on for relegation, and with our next 3 games being another tough away game, and two tough home games, I can only see it getting worse. Another loss on Saturday at Sheff U and we will be on 49 points looking at WLD average over the last 46 and that will take you down.

Enough is enough. I thought give him a bit more time a few weeks ago, and since then we have gone backwards. I think without getting rid we are a strong possibility for relegation.

The main argument against sacking Johnson seems to be that he has established us as a championship side, but I think it is clear to see we are far from secure and a progressively getting worse. Since about 3/4 of the way through the play off season our form has been getting progressively worse.

I was playing golf with Steve Coppell's son last weekend, I mentioned the city job may be coming up soon, asked would he be interested? He thinks Steve feels ready for another job now and may well be interested.

And before anyone says anything, he is Mark, and its Woodcote Park Golf club, where Steve is a member himself. I'll speak to him myself if I see him, but he is a fair weather golfer...

I just looked at our remaining fixtures. I wish I hadn't. I don't see 4 wins from our home games.. March will be the killer - huge games against the current bottom 3. That will decide our fate IMO.

:fingerscrossed: and S.L has to do it and quick i.m.o.

I was playing golf with Steve Coppell's son last weekend, I mentioned the city job may be coming up soon, asked would he be interested? He thinks Steve feels ready for another job now and may well be interested.

You know, I wonder if we're in one of those critical moments in a club's history. I've had enough of sticking and it's time to twist. If Coppell's remotely interested, I think Lansdown needs to make the move that'll make him a success rather than a failure.

There's too much at stake to keep sticking right now - it aint working.

And before anyone says anything, he is Mark, and its Woodcote Park Golf club, where Steve is a member himself. I'll speak to him myself if I see him, but he is a fair weather golfer...

s coppell get on the phone we need him now.

His very words last friday on twentypence lets see what happens in the next few games we have Mr Johnson and by god its been poor the most loyal of his fans must now surely be pondering his future.

I have been on here defending GJ but I too am now wondering if he can urn this around?!

I am now worried that the confidence has gone completely and that it really need something drastic to turn this around?!

I really hoped that city would get a result tonight and feel we DO have the squad to turn this around, I just wonder if GJ has lost the bottle for the fight tho!

A sad night for me as a GJ fan, and if he does go soon then I wish him all the best!!

The only managers out there better than Johnson will not join a bottom half Championship club.

Stick with the man with a proven track record of bringing us success, while acknowledging that there is plenty for him to sort out and that a repeat of tonights ridiculous line up is unacceptable.

Tom.........you of all people :) !

Yes, you are not wrong but do you not remember the highs & lows of years gone past?

It took us ..... oh so long to get out from division three (I'm still old school) and I can't say I want to go back but really.... we still are the Bristol City FC and there is no other choice?

Gary may not be the man but who else can turn this around and keep us up........you just have to give the bloke one more chance..... next year is another season eh?

Pity........................................... I really do HATE GOLF!

Glos Old Boy sticking the boot in again. Do we really need another poll and then your running commentary on it? Tedious.

I would like Johnson to have Saturday and just turn Ashton Gate into the Alamo. Admit that he has had a shocking season and pick a purely attacking team.

If he fails on Saturday (defeat), it could be the end.

Archived