IGNORED

If Johnson Goes Who Will We Replace Him With.

roylegalatyeo

O'Driscoll has achieved good things with a limited budget but so did Gary Johnson. It was only when Johnson got money to spend that things started going wrong.

If Johnson must go (and I still hope he doesn't) I'd go for Paul Hart. He was doing OK at an impossible job with Pompey, was hard done by at QPR and got the best out of Forest's Academy. If our youngsters are up to the job he'd get them out there to prove it.

Great shout Dan.

Neither of those is true at all.

You won't find a single quote from Coppell saying he wants a Prem job.

And he resigned at Reading out of principle having felt he took Reading as far as he could - how's that bottling anything? It's straightforward and honest.

Just what GJ should be doing right now!!

To follow on from a previous posting of mine regarding who would have been a better signing than Patrick Agyemang, my Nan is currently retired but i'm sure that she could be tempted back to work for the right wage. She lives in Bristol, enjoys a glass or three of sherry and i can't see how she would do a worse job than the current management are doing at the minute

I worry that Paul Tisdale is more worried about his appearance than football.

How about Steve Tilson at Southend? He hasn't had a penny to spend for years and always has to sell anyone who is any good, yet they have had two promotions and even on the verge of bankruptcy are still holding there own in L1.

It shows how bad it is when I am now expecting him to be gone in the near future.

I thought about this morning who would come in.

Millen would go with him immediately should he resign or be sacked.

Walshy would stand in for an interim period, and whilst I understand the Carey or Hartley comments, there is too much at stake to gamble.

I'd see someone along the lines of a Coppell OR we would poach a decent manager out of the League 1 or Scottish clubs.

There is one thing true said on here - Alan Walsh holds the respect of every one of us at the club and always will, that will work in his favour for an interim time.

Sadly Johnson won't be going anywhere. SL is a shrewd guy, but clearly GJ is the one guy he's prepared to stand by until we are relegated, even then I think he would let GJ try and get us back up. Tisdale would be a great shout, and I'm sure he would jump at the opportunity, but in the end isn't he just a young GJ? IE Can nail the lower leagues but can't deal with having a real budget. Coppell and O'Driscol have to be the two top choices I would think. Experience is vital for management in this league just as it is for good CCC players.

Hope SL makes the right choice, but can't see GJ actually going anywhere - if he does it will be his decision.

joe jordan or michael phelan (manu) we need a disciplinarian too many city players swanning around like there prem stars, unfortunatly there not. please not coppell whats he ever done bland is brilliant!?

How long have you got? If you really need that answering then you have no idea about football!

There is one thing true said on here - Alan Walsh holds the respect of every one of us at the club and always will, that will work in his favour for an interim time.

So did Tins until he took over....but again I saw the appointment of Millen as his downfall anyway. As an interim measure then Walshy would do just fine, as you say, but some of our fans waste little time in turning on their idols if things don't go according to plan.

People will say Curbs. He's far too "bigtime" to come here. he's on extortionate wages and, he will offer the same as Johnson in terms of terrible football.

People will say Coppell. He's stated he wants Prem and is a perenial Bottler.

People will say Tisdale. He's a gamble, and one that could come off... but in the position we are in we don't need gamble, we need progression.

I will say....

O'Driscoll.

The guy has experience in this division, he has taken what is surely one of the smallest clubs in the division to become an established and well respected side, He plays attacking, progressive football and he won't slag the fans off at every opportunity.

O'Driscoll EVERY TIME!

(Hartley is another that would be a risk... and if anyone says Millen I will hunt them down and insert a cricket stump up their arse!!! wink.gif )

Are you sure you don't mean Gary Johnson?

"The guy has experience in this division, he has taken what is surely one of the smallest clubs in the division to become an established and well respected side"

"The guy has experience in this division, he has taken what is surely one of the biggest underachieving clubs and season bottler's from Division 1 & turned them into a Championship side, well established and well respected"

It has reached the stage where we need a manager with a bit more technical & tactical ability. So Curbishly would be my first chioce replacement.

All due respect to GJ for building a championship side but the division has progressed this season. After the Cardiff game where we were tactically exposed (understatement or what!) it was down to the management team to show that they had it in them to turn it around and step up their game but last night could not have been any more tactically inept.

If GJ does stay then I will just be grateful to stay up!

We need experience and someone the players will respect, tacticaly astute, and someone who players want to sign for, which would rule out people like Paul Tisdale, another Gary Johnson small time club boss.

Although we missed a trick because I see Mark Robbins as a potential top boss.

If Steve Lansdown really wants to take us to a higher level, he needs another 2 or 3 directors brought in with the similar kind of financial clout to himself, to sell the dream to the likes of a Glen Hoddle or Mark Hughes.

I think short term much as people would wail and nash their teeth, Neil Warnock would do us a job, as he's been there seen it done it, and also gets some steel and guts in his teams, which we'll need if we are going to fight off relegation.

O'Driscoll would be near the top of my list. I think Coppell would consider us but alot would depend on wages. I always thought Eric Black did a good job at coventry (current birmingham assistant) with a more expirenced coach along side him, maybe the likes of Joe Royle or Paul Hart. I think we're in a serious dog fight now the likes of Aidy Boothroyd or Gary Megson might fight our way out of it.

How long have you got? If you really need that answering then you have no idea about football!

woodsy easy on here aint it mate wait for someone to make a suggestion then slag them off without debate or answer, personally dont rate coppell as everyone on this forum seems to sorry about that, think he as curbishly would be totally wrong for city. i bow to your superior footballing knowledge you and garlic bread.

woodsy easy on here aint it mate wait for someone to make a suggestion then slag them off without debate or answer, personally dont rate coppell as everyone on this forum seems to sorry about that, think he as curbishly would be totally wrong for city. i bow to your superior footballing knowledge you and garlic bread.

Easy Tiger! I've never said my footballing knowledge is superior to anyone on here. My point was that if you can't see what Coppell done at Reading as an incredibly good job, then maybe you should say why not, rather than just write the fella off. Certainly wasn't slagging you off, and I'm struggling to see why you thought that. Instead of slagging me off without debate or answer, tell me why you don't want SC.

For what it's worth, I agree with you about Curbishley.

I'm interested to know why you think that, because I initially thought that but having thought about it some more I think he is the calibre of coach we should be looking for. Having said that I don't think he would see us as a very attractive prospect. SL would have to do a pretty good selling job!

I don't think Ive ever put as many 'think's in one post before.

Are you sure you don't mean Gary Johnson?

"The guy has experience in this division, he has taken what is surely one of the smallest clubs in the division to become an established and well respected side"

"The guy has experience in this division, he has taken what is surely one of the biggest underachieving clubs and season bottler's from Division 1 & turned them into a Championship side, well established and well respected"

Nah, definatly talking about O'Driscoll... the second point is what differs them

ATTRACTIVE, PROGRESSIVE FOOTBALL!

O'Driscoll hasn't spunked millions and millions of pounds. O'Driscoll hasn't bored a group of fans into submission. O'Driscoll certainly hasn't abused and insulted the people who pay his wages either.

it's O'Driscoll or if we can get him (I seriously doubt we could) Coppell

Archived