IGNORED

Bristol City Vs Leicester City

Clarky89

So now it's Carey is it, he's going to be the scapegoat?

Have a look at the manager

Did these players just walk in of the street ? no ; who steered them here, not the manager by any chance was it nah nothing to do with him at all;

2 pts from 4 games but we are 6 from relegation, but Reading have 2 games in hand; thats nothing to do with him either I suppose.

Now for the harder games of the month WBA at home and then Ipswich away :shocking:

No need to be cynical. we know some people see no evil.......

At least we know the players are up for the fight.

Did these players just walk in of the street ? no ; who steered them here, not the manager by any chance was it nah nothing to do with him at all;

2 pts from 4 games but we are 6 from relegation, but Reading have 2 games in hand; thats nothing to do with him either I suppose.

Now for the harder games of the month WBA at home and then Ipswich away :shocking:

Glos don't waste your breath mate.

King Johnson will keep us up! We always believe......yawn bloody yawn

No need to be cynical. we know some people see no evil.......

At least we know the players are up for the fight.

Correct; but they will need to be up for a fight; games dont get no easier we need to win; Donny seems our next realistic 3 pointer chance.

Yep - he tells them to concede late goals every time they go on the pitch.

I bet you loved it when Leicester equalised, rubbing your hands together and couldn't wait to get the poison out eh ?

If we had won that game, you wouldn't be on here.

What a sad way to look at things.

Supporter my arse.

You know absolutely **** all; **** ; now ban me;:disapointed2se: you have pi$$ed me off for the last time

I don't think the point is that bad, conceding so late in the day is, but I would say most people would have taken the 2nd half performance and a goal at the start of the game.

I think settling for second best and a draw at home is just the mentality that has got us a very poor team and a very poor manager.

You know absolutely **** all; **** ; now ban me;:disapointed2se: you have pi$ed me off for the last time

He's right though. The manager doesn't tell them to concede in injury time. And then there's people moaning about how the manager says if we get the 1st goal we're fine, and the players follow that. You do know the players aren't toddlers don't you. They don't think "oh we've scored a goal therefore we've won the game."

He's right though. The manager doesn't tell them to concede in injury time. And then there's people moaning about how the manager says if we get the 1st goal we're fine, and the players follow that. You do know the players aren't toddlers don't you. They don't think "oh we've scored a goal therefore we've won the game."

Then can you explain why we have conceded god knows how many goals in stoppage time?

I would think every club in the country know that we must conceed more than anyone in the last mins, dont you think the manager should do something about that even if it means 10 players back, very unpro like yes for players but manager as well.

No its not his fault that we threw it away, but he put the squad together, he chose to sign striker after striker ignoring the defence. Who's fault is that?

Despite spending MILLIONS over the past couple of seasons, our squad is completely un-balanced. Sorry, but the buck stops with Gary Johnson for that.

We were unlucky tonight and that will have hurt alot. We are now in deep trouble with some very tough games coming up. I cant see where the next win is coming from.

Course I can't. But you'd have to be a numpty to think that the defenders automatically and purposely switch off after 90 mins because they want to.

No one thinks they do it on purpose. But johnson is giving them the wrong mentality. He puts too much importance into the first goal - in the back of their heads physiologically they think the job is done

I am angry...no Sod it. I am ******* angry ! What is it with these pillocks?

How many times have they allowed an equaliser within one minute of scoring? Are they still patting each other on the back in their minds ?

arrgh Jesus there is so much i want to add but too many expletives keep coming into my head.

Mind you it hardly helps when a majority of the "doom and gloom" on here start singing "We always believe". Tell you what fellas.Lets leave that song back in the play off year shall we ?

No one thinks they do it on purpose. But johnson is giving them the wrong mentality. He puts too much importance into the first goal - in the back of their heads physiologically they think the job is done

Riaz,

I do think your view is a bit " heads I win, tails you lose". i.e whatever Johnson says he will be in the wrong.

Johnson is right about the importance of the first goal, but I don't think he was thinking so much about scoring the first goal so late in the game, and not at the epxense of defending properly either. It wans't about giving them the wrong mentality, he was focussing on the fact that we just haven't been scoring any first goals recently, which is completely correct.

As for the defence. I remember playing football at school, where the coach used to tell us to concentrate when we had just scored, and was told this at every level I played at. These guys are paid to play football, so surely they don't need to be told this now do they? I would have thought that after what the team has been through over the last month or so, that when we scored late on that they would have been concentrating so hard it would have hurt.

If it werent so laughable you would almost think that some players wanted us to concede in order to hasten the manager's departure!

My only conclusion is that our players are thick, stupid plonkers. They had 3 minutes to play the game out - they should've laid body and soul on the line to prevent the opposition getting anywhere near our penalty box, let alone get a shot on target. It's not as if this is the first time for christsake.

Wire them up to the mains and flick the switch if it happens again.

We did well in the second half when we changed to a shape with some width and balance especially considering the tactical mess yet again in the first half.

The late equaliser was harsh, we'd had most of the play even if Leicester had the higher quality chances on the break.

It was noticeable that after we scored at kick off everybody in a red shirt had dropped back 10-20 yards. They were all thinking "shit we better not let in another late one" and the fear made them stand off.

Couldn't understand bringing Maynard on for Haynes personally, Haynes was one of our best players and Maynard was either no interested or not fit.

Better than what we've seen in recent games, not good enough to get a point against WBA - we have more work to do.

Crowd support was pretty good throughout considering the low numbers.

Guest bigcheese

We did well in the second half when we changed to a shape with some width and balance especially considering the tactical mess yet again in the first half.

The late equaliser was harsh, we'd had most of the play even if Leicester had the higher quality chances on the break.

[...]

Crowd support was pretty good throughout considering the low numbers.

Pretty much agree, we had plenty of chances, Leicester had their chances but they are supposed to be in form and we have no confidence so I think probably

a good result. I enjoyed it if they can turn out performances (Skuse, Sproule, Haynes to name just 3) then can't be too wrong. Crowd need to get behind

'em more (for no apparent reason rather than getting behind them) rather than just coming on here moaning ;-)

Lot's of plus points from the second half performance, but when you get players chucking the game away so many times this season the manager has got to ship 'em out.

We need a good quality, solid center half who can organise and lead the defence - we aint got one.

Sorry to say it but Carey has had his day.

Age isn't on his side in being a commanding centre-back but.. James Wilson?

Yep - he tells them to concede late goals every time they go on the pitch.

I bet you loved it when Leicester equalised, rubbing your hands together and couldn't wait to get the poison out eh ?

If we had won that game, you wouldn't be on here.

What a sad way to look at things.

Supporter my arse.

Agreed, we could of won 47-0 and people would of moaned. Johnson might as well give up. Half the fans on here have got us down for certain relegation, we might as well just admit to the FA we deserve to go down and reserve us a place. At least that way some fans could say we had a conference manager in charge the last few years.

I loved the txt msg sent to twentyman from a fella down at the gate, it said Johnson is playing no wingers he's lost the plotdancing6.gif

Its taken him this long too realise Johnson has lost itclapping.gif

If you were down there you would have realised that Haynes played on the wing and then Sproule came on so we were playing 4-2-4 clapping.gif

Archived