IGNORED

A Certain Ex Player At The Game Today

Dollymarie

Tinnion could have played at a higher level but he was loyal, that makes him a legend alone.

Totally agree!! Tinman and Scotty are both LEGENDS!! We will forget about Scotty going down the M4 tho!

About time we got the Tinman back down the gate for a half time draw appearance or something, think he will get one hell of a welcome!!!

Funnily enough Haynes reminded me of Scott Murrays hay-day's yesterday! Him and Tin-Man are legends.....end of, I'm 18 and only been watching city 11 years, so there the stars that stand out for me!

Scotty was a great player but he was never as quick as Haynes...but he was probably better at distribution (and yes, I know the cross for the second goal was quality)

So only players at the top can be described as legendary then? That's going to leave fans of most clubs rather short on the legends front I'd have thought.

Fans of most big clubs wouldn't see the likes of Gow, Merrick et al as legends because all they really did was win promotion from the second division. I doubt Newcastle's current team will be remembered as legends up there if they win the league this year.

Everything is relative and for the past 30 years or so City have been playing at a fairly low standard. This doesn't in any way diminish the achievements of those involved, however.

Scott Murray is an excellent role model for young players in his attitude, positivity and the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch. He's not the best player in the world and never has been but he's loyal (OK he went to Reading but who can blame him), dedicated and plays the game with a smile on his face.

In this world of Terrys, Gerrards and Coles I think a man as pleasant as Scott deserves recognition.

All they did was win promotion from division 2. I think that's quite an achievement.Something only done twice in the clubs history !!

Half of this forum should be binned based on your "only" argument.There seem to be a lot of people who would love to see this club only gain promotion to the premier league.

Oh and Tinnion did not have enough pace to play at a higher level.Wasn't he the legend that had so much stick he was going to leave the club ?

Wasn't Murray the legend that did leave the club only to find he couldn't hack it outside the comfort zone ?

All they did was win promotion from division 2. I think that's quite an achievement.Something only done twice in the clubs history !!

Half of this forum should be binned based on your "only" argument.There seem to be a lot of people who would love to see this club only gain promotion to the premier league.

Well that's my point. You think it's quite an achievement but a supporter of a top club would not.

Legendary status is either a relative thing, in which case the likes of Tinnion and Murray deserve it, or it's measured across the whole of football, in which case no City player has ever come close.

Well that's my point. You think it's quite an achievement but a supporter of a top club would not.

Legendary status is either a relative thing, in which case the likes of Tinnion and Murray deserve it, or it's measured across the whole of football, in which case no City player has ever come close.

Sorry, have to disagree. The likes of Atyeo, Richie and Garland deserve legendary status.

Sorry, have to disagree. The likes of Atyeo, Richie and Garland deserve legendary status.

Sorry, that's not my point.

I agree with you that they do, but so do the likes of Tinnion and Murray because everything is relative.

The guy I was arguing with claimed that Tinnion and Murray don't deserve legendary status because they've spent most of their careers in the lower leagues. I was pointing out that even City's best ever players would hardly be considered legends by fans of bigger clubs, thus we either accept that the status is relative and subjective, or we get used to never having any legends at all.

Personally I think City's biggest ever legend was Greg Goodridge but I'm probably on my own with that one.

You have hit a good point.

This club is not a top club.

Therefore as all time legends go then I agree no-one comes near though atyeo must be close.

So ok I go with you there have not been nor are there any legends at this club. Loyal boyhood heroes yes but legends no.

He could have smiled though!

scotty-1.jpg

I still miss him *sigh*

Nice to see him back at the Gate today :)

Scotty looks deep in thought, sincere and very patriotic - were they playing Flower of Scotland over the tannoy?

His brother and his pal are laughing their heads off - perhaps whistling 'Jerusalem' to really pee him off.

The bloke with the beard is about to wipe his nose after finally dislodging that bloke's thumb from his nostril.blink.gif

Archived