IGNORED

Our Next Opponents

spudski

Ipswich are playing tonight and i'm hoping they draw 0-0 with S****horpe.

Hopefully it will be a hard and physical game and they're all knackered on Saturday...

Joking aside, I feel Ipswich are very much like Derby and their League position deny's their quality.

It's going to be another tough game this Saturday and i would think a lot less open.

I really can't see us playing 4 3 3. I should imagine we would shore up the Midfield and play 4 4 2.

Going on recent performances i'd like to see

Gerkin

Orr

Carey

Nyatanga

Fontaine

Haynes

Hartly

Johnson

Skuse

Iwelumo

Maynard

Let Haynes have a go down the left and right whilst Hartley, Johnson and Skuse cover midfield.

Then bring on Sproule with some fresh legs in the second half.

Sounds like a game plan to me,,,And yeah, I know it doesn't work like that...but it would be nice ;):D

Ipswich are playing tonight and i'm hoping they draw 0-0 with S****horpe.

Hopefully it will be a hard and physical game and they're all knackered on Saturday...

Joking aside, I feel Ipswich are very much like Derby and their League position deny's their quality.

It's going to be another tough game this Saturday and i would think a lot less open.

I really can't see us playing 4 3 3. I should imagine we would shore up the Midfield and play 4 4 2.

Going on recent performances i'd like to see

Gerkin

Orr

Carey

Nyatanga

Fontaine

Haynes

Hartly

Johnson

Skuse

Iwelumo

Maynard

Let Haynes have a go down the left and right whilst Hartley, Johnson and Skuse cover midfield.

Then bring on Sproule with some fresh legs in the second half.

Sounds like a game plan to me,,,And yeah, I know it doesn't work like that...but it would be nice ;):D

You're kidding. After Sunday's performance you'd drop Elliott and Clarkson? What have Hartley and Maynard done recently (you've said 'going on recent performance) to justfy a recall.

We must, surely, play an unchanged team on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure we'll play the same team and it's just what's needed really. No idea why you'd drop Elliott or Clarkson though. They've been part of an improved team recently.

Ipswich don't have much quality. They're not an awful team, none are this season but they've never looked that great and like most teams down the bottom of the division, make far too many mistakes and don't capitalise when they're on top. I'd have been looking to win this game even before the recent turnaround against Leicester and WBA and now we have a genuinely good chance to win 2 or 3 games back to back and see where we are from there.

We all have different views and perspectives on football...hence a forum.

Imo Elliot had a good game on Sunday, but leading up to that game, he's been a shadow of his former self.

I haven't seen anything in Clarkson tbh, that makes me think he's quality.

He looks slow and his touch on Sunday, I thought was poor.

Perhaps i'm being too pessimistic, but although it was a great performance in the second half against WBA, I thought we looked weak in Midfield and very open.

My opinion is, if we play the same side on Saturday, we will be be beaten.

For me, i'd start with Hartley and try and get some quality balls forward into the path of Haynes, or for Iwelumo to hold up/knock down.

Elliot would make a good replacement to shore up and add some bite later on in the game.

Like i said, it's a game of opinions and that's what makes it so enjoyable as a supporter and so difficuly for a manager.

Don't understand why people would drop Clarkson; we won on Sunday and he was a part of that. I actually feel very sorry for him; i think he has real talent and his movement and anticipation in the box is far better than anyone elses in the box (even Iwelumo, especially Maynard) and he needs to be given a chance centrally. The only scenario i would think about dropping him is if JCR is fit and that is purely because Left wing/forward is JCR's position

The team will be unchanged, barring injuries

I can see both views about Clarkson to be honest. At times I think he looks poor, off the pace and don't think he adds much to the team but I can see why others think he's just one touch away from brilliance. Generally, I think I honestly expected a little bit more. But that being said, he's been in the team recently and that team looks better than the one from 2 or 3 weeks ago when he wasn't play him. I'd have him in there against Ipswich but obviously with Maynard being fully fit again, he can't be far away from the team.

Ipswich are in good form though and like Alex said, not many have won at their place. A point in reflection wouldn't necessarily be a bad result but we've drawn far too many games already this season and because of that, we really could do with another 3 points on Saturday.

Providing there are no lasting knock from Sunday - SAME TEAM again gary on saturday - its working and consistancy in selection breeds good results in my book proof in the pudding - 4 points from 2 tough home games - "if it aint broke dont fix it!!!"

Absolutely agree - no need for tinkering unless injuries. Breeds confidence in the starting line up and shows those on the bench they need to perform when called upon.

I can see both views about Clarkson to be honest. At times I think he looks poor, off the pace and don't think he adds much to the team but I can see why others think he's just one touch away from brilliance. Generally, I think I honestly expected a little bit more. But that being said, he's been in the team recently and that team looks better than the one from 2 or 3 weeks ago when he wasn't play him. I'd have him in there against Ipswich but obviously with Maynard being fully fit again, he can't be far away from the team.

Agree with this - I can't make my mind up about Clarkson either. Quick of thought but slow of feet is my impression and overall not doing enough to be a regular. Flattering to deceive or affecting the game in ways that the average fan doesn't always notice? Without wanting to be overly hard on Clarkson, I'm really not sure.

If Maynard is now fit again I'd be looking to get him back in the team alongside Iwelumo asap.

People advocating Clarkson's continued inclusion must be content to see our top scorer consigned to the bench indefinitely.

From what I've seen of Clarkson, I'm not.

As fans, i find it interesting how we all view picking a team?

Do you stick with a winning side regardless of who you're playing against?

Or do you look at your opponents strengths and weakness's, and field a team that is more likely to break down their defence according to how they generally play?

For me, because we have a 'Squad' of players, i often think it's good to choose players from it, and have a game plan based on their particuler strengths.

Perhaps in retrospect, because of our recent positive performances, it maybe good to field an upbeat side and go for broke and let them worry about us?

Who'd be a manager!

It would be criminal to change things after such a good display v WBA. Barring injury's, or the odd insightful tweak from GJ, I think same team.

Would an insightful tweak include bringing in Maynard and Hartley or would that be changing the team?

For me, they both played as Subs against WBA, so i see them as part of the team.

I thought Maynard looked more hungry than normal when he came on.

Either way, it's nice to have the choices now.

As fans, i find it interesting how we all view picking a team?

Do you stick with a winning side regardless of who you're playing against?

Or do you look at your opponents strengths and weakness's, and field a team that is more likely to break down their defence according to how they generally play?

For me, because we have a 'Squad' of players, i often think it's good to choose players from it, and have a game plan based on their particuler strengths.

Perhaps in retrospect, because of our recent positive performances, it maybe good to field an upbeat side and go for broke and let them worry about us?

Who'd be a manager!

I think that we need some consistency now - we've looked better in recent games and the confidence is coming back. FO`r a successful team I agree you should pick and choose depending on the oppostion but to be honest I don't think GJ is very good at that kind of masterminding tactics - look at the Sheffield game - blooming disaster tactically.

I would however pick Maynard over Clarkson to start. He's our main goalscorer and needs to learn to play with Iwelumo. Clarkson can always come on as sub and do the business if needed.

I feel a bit sorry for Hartley but we need to give this 11 a real run. They look hungry and eager and against West Brom really showed a lot of energy and passion.

I think that we need some consistency now - we've looked better in recent games and the confidence is coming back. FO`r a successful team I agree you should pick and choose depending on the oppostion but to be honest I don't think GJ is very good at that kind of masterminding tactics - look at the Sheffield game - blooming disaster tactically.

I would however pick Maynard over Clarkson to start. He's our main goalscorer and needs to learn to play with Iwelumo. Clarkson can always come on as sub and do the business if needed.

I feel a bit sorry for Hartley but we need to give this 11 a real run. They look hungry and eager and against West Brom really showed a lot of energy and passion.

Or was it Watford GJ got the tactics completely wrong:?

Elliot had his best game for ages and needs to play Sat as his confidence will be sky high (as should all the players) I, like others am still undecided about Clarkson but the simple fact is that NM is our top scorer and should be playing in my opinion, this is maybe harsh on Clarkson but Saturdays performance with the added of pace of NM alongside CI and DH is quite an exciting prospect for me.

Magicdaps

Archived