IGNORED

Get Johnson Out !

Frome Red

I haven't seen a new thread with this on for at least a week and a half now ! do you think he's now getting the anti Gj fans back on his side or is the fans relaxing after a couple of good results and will all be back on his back after the next defeat or last minuet equalizer ?

I will admit that I have doubted Gj since Xmas but after the qpr game I sided with the "get Gj out" fans but now after a couple of good results I'm confident we will stay up and think that Gj should at least see the season out.

I haven't seen a new thread with this on for at least a week and a half now ! do you think he's now getting the anti Gj fans back on his side or is the fans relaxing after a couple of good results and will all be back on his back after the next defeat or last minuet equalizer ?

I will admit that I have doubted Gj since Xmas but after the qpr game I sided with the "get Gj out" fans but now after a couple of good results I'm confident we will stay up and think that Gj should at least see the season out.

I'm sorry, but this just proves how fickle some Bristol City fans are. Either you want him out or you don't. What difference does two good results make, if you had good grounds for wanting him out in the first place?

I'm sorry, but this just proves how fickle some Bristol City fans are. Either you want him out or you don't. What difference does two good results make, if you had good grounds for wanting him out in the first place?

Does that make gj fickle for putting maynard on the bench but when he's playing well / scoring then he starts him, it's no different than fans being happy with a manager when he's getting result's and being unhappy with a manager when not.

A manager is judged on results, it could be Moyes or Ferguson, if the team are failing to get results and look down and out , the manager will always get it.

What a club has won in previous seasons goes out of the window.

If results improve, so the manager gets peace, (by most fans).

A god one minute, and rubbish the next. (more of the God please)

One win in 7 during which time City conceded 14 goals doesn't change my view on Johnson. If City play as well as Sunday again tomorrow then maybe I'll re-consider but consistency is not something that Johnson can seem to instill in his team.

You've already said you weren't happy with Johnson when the team won promotion and reached the Championship playoff final. Is a win at Ipswich really going to change your mind?

Lose on Sat they will be back.

Lose on Sat they will be back.

They are still here and have never gone away.

If we bring in enough loanees we were bound to get one right eventually. :winner_third_h4h: Its not a permanent solution either, yet.

I could go on but that would not be right in the present feel good factor thing going on at present.

Anything could happen including winning a hat full on the trot continuing on this Sat.

City were excellent at QPR particularly in the second half, to the extent that Rangers supporters were singing we're supposed to be at home all around the ground...We lost...Thats football!

Think most people have opted to support the team (regardless of their views on Johnson)....and long may that continue....the support at the last two home games was superb! Something many other clubs would envy!

Don't think we really need a thread like this! The general feeling has been much better than in recent times and the atmosphere at the gate has been GREAT!

Ill be honest, I still think a new man is needed to take this club forward. Yep, two improved results and performances against Leicester and WBA has certainly eased the pressure, but he still has a long, long way to go to win me over.

To be honest, the actual league position wasnt the main cause for concern with me to begin with, it was our lack or progress on the pitch! Failure to learn from mistakes we have been making for best part of 15 months says to me, that he doesnt know how to fix it. Plenty of players have come and gone, yet 99% of the time, we look toothless going forward, and extremely ropey at the back.

IF we kick on the rest of the season now, and I dont mean play-offs etc, I mean real progression ON the pitch...then who knows what the future brings. I just worry about us NEXT season, as if we stumble through the remainder of this campaign without progressing....who knows what might happen next year.

Can you imagine a whole season like the second half of this one.....we would go down for sure

They are still here and have never gone away.

If we bring in enough loanees we were bound to get one right eventually. :winner_third_h4h: Its not a permanent solution either, yet.

I could go on but that would not be right in the present feel good factor thing going on at present.

Anything could happen including winning a hat full on the trot continuing on this Sat.

How many times have you seen city play this season to decide that johnson should be sacked?

Think most people have opted to support the team (regardless of their views on Johnson)....and long may that continue....the support at the last two home games was superb! Something many other clubs would envy!

Don't think we really need a thread like this! The general feeling has been much better than in recent times and the atmosphere at the gate has been GREAT!

Did I say anything about supporting the team ? I was asking for people's view on johnson after a couple of good results ! Sorry i did not realize that i had to ok my post's with you first, and as for supporting the team Ive been to every home game this season and 2 away + going to reading how about you ?

This is so depressing.

We (and I include GJ in we) have been looking for a team to go out and represent the club with some real pride and commitment and get some results virtually all this season and much of last.

The players who went out there against Leicester and WBA did superbly especially considering the pressure they were under and the previous reults.

Many of those in this team would not have been my picks before the Leicester game but they went out there and did the business.

The manager is part of that and is the best we have had at Ashton Gate for thirty years.

So lets please all just calm down and get behind the club, behind the team and behind the manager.

Ipswich tomorrow is going to be tough but lets stick with these guys now - at least they will fight for our cause.

Come on you reds! :city:

Did you really expect us to beat WBA last weekend? Really? I backed Johnson to the hills until Sheffield United but we were looking over our shoulders with 2 wins in 17 in all competitions and 2 goals in 6 games before last Sunday, we really pulled that one out of nowhere and changed things around, temporarily. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but similarly to how the Cardiff result shouldn't have been the be all and end all while it was still a one-off, neither should this be taken either way until at least Saturday.

Two decent results/performances haven't changed my mind. Should we continue the season like this and have a very positive end to the season in both our results and performances then yes, come summer, maybe I will have changed my mind. For me Johnson has been very poor tactically thiss season and has also wasted a lot of money accquiring a very unbalanced squad, so a couple of decent results won't change my mind. But as others have pointed out if we can be consistent, and Johnson shows this was just a blip and he does still have what it takes, then no I won't want him out. I don't have a vendetta for GJ, I simply want whats best for my team. What I will say is that I'm not getting carried away by 2 decent performances!

football is all about results. Lose enough, manager gets a load of stick over everything from making the tea to the damn nag wot fell in the 330 at Haydock, you go down, and every bugger bitches. even the lovers.....

win games, 99% of fans dont have owt to moan about. at least robbored is consistent, he aint ever been happy. my personal unease has been since we got dicked by the 'Diff, and Scumford

Lessee now which way will we go. If we lose Saturday the haters are back, with a bullet. if they *shock* WIN the lovers wil crawl out of the gutters, a draw will allow both camps to claim victory. Anyways up the sanctimonious twarts among both camp will have a WONDERFUL time saying I told you so... :badmood::badmood::bored: :bored: :bored:

FACT: This is Citys worst season since Tinpot got the tin tack. we have been leaking for fun, not scoring, and therfore in the wrong end of the table. I would like to think how we played 2nd half on Sunday is how we'll finish the season.

However if we play like we did first half, or like we did against Scumford and Barfdiff, then Mr Johnson is back in the frame. Fans will always back the TEAM, not always the manager.

Personally I reckon a draw is on the cards, for all the right reasons, Ipswich aint as bad as results would suggest, we aint great traveller's. and we'll perform on the day, with confidence coming back to the team.

Either way this forum is one great place to avoid after a game, whatever the result, with the holier than thou of either side crawling all over....

football is all about results. Lose enough, manager gets a load of stick over everything from making the tea to the damn nag wot fell in the 330 at Haydock, you go down, and every bugger bitches. even the lovers.....

win games, 99% of fans dont have owt to moan about. at least robbored is consistent, he aint ever been happy. my personal unease has been since we got dicked by the 'Diff, and Scumford

Lessee now which way will we go. If we lose Saturday the haters are back, with a bullet. if they *shock* WIN the lovers wil crawl out of the gutters, a draw will allow both camps to claim victory. Anyways up the sanctimonious twarts among both camp will have a WONDERFUL time saying I told you so... badmood.gifbadmood.gifbored.gifbored.gifbored.gif

FACT: This is Citys worst season since Tinpot got the tin tack. we have been leaking for fun, not scoring, and therfore in the wrong end of the table. I would like to think how we played 2nd half on Sunday is how we'll finish the season.

However if we play like we did first half, or like we did against Scumford and Barfdiff, then Mr Johnson is back in the frame. Fans will always back the TEAM, not always the manager.

Personally I reckon a draw is on the cards, for all the right reasons, Ipswich aint as bad as results would suggest, we aint great traveller's. and we'll perform on the day, with confidence coming back to the team.

Either way this forum is one great place to avoid after a game, whatever the result, with the holier than thou of either side crawling all over....

A good post.

I was leaning towards wanting him out back in January but I think with the past 2 results he has earned time until the end of the season. Plus it would be silly to sack him now after backing him with some new signings.

Despite the Johnson clan, its SL's team, the Board will make the right decision if and when it needs to... SL views its his money not the fans. tumbleweed.gif

This subject will always divide opinion when a team is going through a rocky patch and fans fear for the worst.

Recently I have been in the camp that thinks it's time for a change. But this is entirely founded on the basis that the style of football coupled with the results which have been served up over several months have not only not been good enough, but were bordering on relegation form.

Personally I have nothing against GJ. Why should I have, I don't know him.

What I want is my team to play entertaining footie and hopefully bring with it some success. If GJ can get back to that formula then he can stay here as long as he likes as far as I am concerned, and that goes for any manager. I don't buy into the personal vitriol expressed on here about Pulis or Lennartsson et al. Because had any of them brought success to this club then they would have been regarded in a completely different light.

I suspect that most fans main requirement from a manager is entertainment and as much success as possible, and I would guess they don't really care who the person in charge is as long as they are able to deliver those vital elements.

So ultimately it's down to you Gary and good luck!

One game dosnt change my mind about GJ

If he installs confidence back into this team and we start playing good simple attacking football then i for one would say under those circumstances at least look at the managers situation in the summer

How good of you!! I'm sure Gary's chuffed to bits!

Did you see the game?............ tele?.........live?........ what did you think about the display?

Not a "well done lads" just the same old crap.

Same old, same old.

Archived