IGNORED

Who Has Renewed Their Season Ticket?

thatcham red

Chivs

I share your frustration and disappointment at yesterday's result. Part of my job is telling you what the club are doing. It's also about listening, and I do listen to fans, all the time. I pass on what fans tell me to the board. I also pass information back in the other direction. That's what liaison is all about. You can email me any time at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk - like hundreds of others do every week. I reply to every email. Or you can phone me and voice your concerns. Or you can make an appointment and come and see me and talk things through.

Or catch me on a matchday for a chat, though I do tend to be quite busy then.

So, to answer your questions:

Why the **** would I renew my season ticket in March? Because it helps the club plan financially for the coming year, set budgets and work out how much we have to spend over the coming season. It also saves you money.

Why the **** should I renew my season ticket when we've just lost 2-5? I can well understand why you wouldn't want to. I was surprised to see quite how many people were queuing up at the ticket office after the game to do just that. All credit to them, but I do appreciate why others such as yourself would be less keen.

How the **** is it fair to give people who renew in March a better deal than people who renew in June? For a service that doesn't start until next August? Because we are rewarding the loyalty of those supporters who are prepared to commit to the club come what may, irrespective of what is happening on the pitch. The business of football is a tricky one. The club has to plan financially for the future even though results will obviously determine whether or not people are prepared to cough up to support the team. We think it's only right that those who are prepared to make that early commitment are rewarded.

Which is what you are getting because of your arrogant, inconsiderate, mealy mouthed attitude. I'm really sorry that you feel that way. Perhaps you could give me some examples of when I have been arrogant, inconsiderate and mealy mouthed.

You need to reconsider what your role is. Because you are failing at it. Totally. Again, I'm sorry that that's your perception. Over the last week I have spoken at length to a supporter with a personal issue over his season ticket renewal, and sorted the problem out for him. I have also had a long correspondence with a disgruntled fan who felt that the club weren't listening to fans. Having explained a few things to him, he was happy to renew his season ticket. I have also liaised with other club staff to get a shirt signed by the players to go into the coffin of a 14 year old boy. I've also sent a signed card from the players to a terminally ill 20 year old who received it the day before he died. He was thrilled. I've also received a Bristol City flag signed by Egypt squadron to thank the club for the support we gave them in Afghanistan. I have conducted a ground tour with a seriously ill City fan and his grandson. I've arranged for a young fan to come and receive a cap from Steve Lansdown. I've liaised with the Help For Heroes charity, Sport Relief, the people who were organising a shirt amnesty for Africa, and Tim Dicks who is running to Plymouth in aid of Help for Heroes. I've arranged with our kit man to get the players to autograph their Sport Relief t shirts so we can auction them off in aid of the charity. I've also held meetings to discuss half time entertainment for next season and taken delivery of an X box and three fridges full of cider as prizes for this year's competition. I've also been involved in extensive discussions about ticketing incentives for next season, had a long chat with the chair of the Supporter's Trust, dealt with about 150 emails from fans on a variety of matters relating to the club. Clearly there is always room for improvement, and if you would like to point out specifically where I am going wrong I will of course listen to what you have to say. But I disagree that I am failing totally.

Dave,

I apologise for accusing you of failing totally in your liasion job. As you point out, at length, you are clearly doing some good things for the fans of Bristol City.

Nevertheless, I'm happy to maintain that you are failing in certain aspects of your job.

I've contacted you twice. You didn't reply, in any way whatsoever, to me.

If you want evidence of arrogance, mealy mouthed words and being inconsiderate, try looking here http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/124747-who-has-renewed-their-season-ticket/page__view__findpost__p__1204611 . On the day that we've lost heavily ALL you can say is that the offer won't be extended and the deadline finishes today. What did you expect? A mad rush to the computers to book those tickets? You didn't need to say anything.

As you are liaison officer, will you be passing on the thoughts of quite a few on here who think that March 6th is far too early to be booking next season's season tickets?

Perhaps you will. But let's take a little bet out now.

Bristol City will take the same approach next year despite your comments to the board. You name the wager.

I'm not too happy with performances or results this season, I was hoping for a decent result and performance to give me the feel good factor whilst buying my season ticket.

I had neither the good feeling or the good result to console me when buying my season ticket six months in advance of the new season.

I had to get it, or face the possibility of not attending regularly due to limited cash on matchdays, the thought of paying £30 for performances like yesterday is frightening, it would lead to serious questioning about whether it was worth that amount of money.

I've done it now and hope i'll still be watching championship football next season, with no derby against the cuckoos from north of the river as well.

OK. Well here's the thing.

You are Club Liaison Officer. Which I know means that you tell us what the club are doing (rather than my original, totally naive, view that you listen to fans) but perhaps on this occasion you could listen.

Why the **** would I renew my season ticket in March?

Why the **** should I renew my season ticket when we've just lost 2-5?

How the **** is it fair to give people who renew in March a better deal than people who renew in June? For a service that doesn't start until next August?

Hello Dave? Anything getting through? Hello?????

In case you are wondering about the asterisks I'm using the work ****. Which is what you are getting because of your arrogant, inconsiderate, mealy mouthed attitude. You need to reconsider what your role is. Because you are failing at it. Totally.

For **** sakes.

IMO - a shockingly rude and unnecessary post against a guy who is here to serve us fans and IMO does a very good job.

I don't know David personally but I have contacted him once (if I recall at a time when he had some 'family issues'). His response was detailed, polite and very positive. In fact is was probably beyond what was required.

If you have an issue with DaveL, what's wrong with addressing him in a constructive manner? Agressive words will put everyone concerned in the wrong frame of mind and possibly on the back foot.

If I was in DaveL's position and read that over the weekend I would suggest it would go close to ruining my weekend insofar as making me feel that I'd been attacked in a very personal manner. Well done for that disapointed2se.gif

For me its quite clear why a club would do an early bird offer and on reading DaveL's post I was right. It makes perfect sense. It also makes perfect sense that fans will be less inclined to buy with poor performances on the pitch, hence the frustration of many including yourself.

Infantile at best. Incredibly offensive I would say. Would you address DaveL in such a way over a pint in the pub 1-to-1?

I spoke to Dave last week and he read my son's birthday out on Saturday, we are also the flag bearers at the Newcastle game in two weeks time. He was excellent as always.

HOWEVER......

Whilst their is a 20% (ish) chance of relegation I will NOT be renewing my 5 season tickets, I would not pay those reduced prices (£20) on a weekly basis to watch League 1 week in week out never mind buying a league 1 season ticket for these prices.

I believe the club is in serious danger of cutting it's own throat at the moment, it they bump the prices up by more that a few quid next week I will no renew full stop. Ashton Gate doesn't sell out and I would NOT pay £30 to watch Doncaster, Barnsley etc. Fair Weather ? Perhaps.

The solution I would put out is to extend the current prices for a month with a caveat that if we are relegated we will all get 20% refunds. If they do this I'll renew tomorrow.

It's obvious their is a fair percentage of disgruntaled fans at present and whilst I have meet GJ a few times when he was at Yeovil and I do like him this season has been on occasions utterly dreadful and predictable.

I've contacted you twice. You didn't reply, in any way whatsoever, to me.

If you'd like to drop me an email using your real name then I'll happily dig out any old emails you may have sent me, and if I didn't reply then I'll be happy to apologise.

If you want evidence of arrogance, mealy mouthed words and being inconsiderate, try looking here http://www.otib.co.u...ost__p__1204611 . On the day that we've lost heavily ALL you can say is that the offer won't be extended and the deadline finishes today. What did you expect? A mad rush to the computers to book those tickets? You didn't need to say anything.

Actually, I made that post in the morning before I knew the score. I was in a rush, and just wanted to pass on some factual information. If I could predict the football results I'd be a rich man. I certainly didn't predict that one. As I said earlier, I was just trying to let people who wanted to take advantage of the cheaper prices that the offer wasn't going to be renewed. I'm sorry if you found it arrogant, mealy mouthed or inconsiderate. As a point of information, there was a mad rush over the weekend to take advantage of the offer. Exact figures will be available soon.

As you are liaison officer, will you be passing on the thoughts of quite a few on here who think that March 6th is far too early to be booking next season's season tickets?

I will certainly pass that opinion on. But given that many thousands of your fellow supporters have taken advantage of the offer, more than the 'quite a few' on here, there is bound to be another point of view on that.

Perhaps you will. But let's take a little bet out now.

Bristol City will take the same approach next year despite your comments to the board. You name the wager.

I'm not prepared to take you up on that bet, as I happen to think the early bird prices are a good thing. Anything that gives our loyal supporters the chance to get some money off their tickets is to be applauded in my view. Of course, it's your absolute right to refuse to buy one.

I will certainly pass that opinion on. But given that many thousands of your fellow supporters have taken advantage of the offer, more than the 'quite a few' on here, there is bound to be another point of view on that.

Oh come on Dave, that's just not on. I should think that EVERYONE, including those who have taken advantage of the offer, thinks its too early to be renewing their season tickets, but they've done it because the club are threatening to put the prices up if they don't. They haven't done it because they necessarily want to, they've done it because its the only one way they can save a few bob for next season. I would be surprised if you can find one fan that doesn't think its too early to be asking people to renew. Of course it is.

This is an enormous c*ck-up by the club. They should know that this is the worst possible time to be asking people to renew, and I'm amazed at how many people I have spoken to who haven't renewed so far. It would be interesting to get some comparative information about the number of people who've renewed this year compared to last: I fear the number of renewals will be heavily down, and unless the situation on the field picks up, we are heading for a pretty unpleasant situation.

Oh come on Dave, that's just not on. I should think that EVERYONE, including those who have taken advantage of the offer, thinks its too early to be renewing their season tickets, but they've done it because the club are threatening to put the prices up if they don't. They haven't done it because they necessarily want to, they've done it because its the only one way they can save a few bob for next season. I would be surprised if you can find one fan that doesn't think its too early to be asking people to renew. Of course it is.

This is an enormous c*ck-up by the club. They should know that this is the worst possible time to be asking people to renew, and I'm amazed at how many people I have spoken to who haven't renewed so far. It would be interesting to get some comparative information about the number of people who've renewed this year compared to last: I fear the number of renewals will be heavily down, and unless the situation on the field picks up, we are heading for a pretty unpleasant situation.

Spot on.

It isn't a discounted price Dave, it's the price, and anything afterwards is an increased price.

The club doesn't account the money in this FY and it doesn't commit to spend the money until well into July, so it should be able to wait until May and then offer the best price for the first month.

It's far too early.

Archived