IGNORED

Who Has Renewed Their Season Ticket?

thatcham red

I renewed mine over the phone this week (at 10p a minute because I couldn't renew my son's at the same time online, but that's another topic....)

Not looking to re-ignite the super fan debate here, but here is my take on it.

Have watched City in every division, been taking my son since he was 4. Will probably get to around 8/9 away games this season (which is more than the last 2 seasons). Pretty average fan really. I'm not rich and the only thing that becomes an issue for me is not living in Bristol, so can't always make the evening games. I personally can't see me without a season ticket because:

1. That's what I do and I enjoy it

2. I get to see friends and family

3. I have a duty to ensure my son doesn't become a Chelsea supporter like his mates

4. Gives me a sense of belonging

5. It is the only way to watch football from the East End

Money is clearly a driving factor and there ain't a lot of spare cash around for many. I was also wondering about this whole thing of which division we are in and the quality of football.

I probably should do this as a poll, but just interested in what considerations people are taking into account?

Who is delaying their decision?

I renewed mine over the phone this week (at 10p a minute because I couldn't renew my son's at the same time online, but that's another topic....)

Have watched City in every division, been taking my son since he was 4. Will probably get to around 8/9 away games this season (which is more than the last 2 seasons). Pretty average fan really. I'm not rich and the only thing that becomes an issue for me is not living in Bristol, so can't always make the evening games. I personally can't see me without a season ticket because:

3. I have a duty to ensure my son doesn't become a Chelsea supporter like his mates

Money is clearly a driving factor and there ain't a lot of spare cash around for many. I was also wondering about this whole thing of which division we are in and the quality of football.

I probably should do this as a poll, but just interested in what considerations people are taking into account?

I have NO spare cash at all :( not even for the easy payment option; makes no difference what division but I will get there when I can.

I have renewed my season ticket £425, not in support of the manager, because I support Bristol City Football Club.

I have renewed our family ticket. Again not supporting the manager but supporting the team I love.

It has been difficult this season with the kids because it has been so poor this season but it is still a day out for all of us!

yes

I've renewed mine, mainly because i love bristol city, i love the pre match routine, and it gets me away from the missus.

Also, partly because, although Johnson hasn't achieved much this season, i do think next season, providing he is still here, we have a cracking chance if we sign a few decent players and get rid of some of the dead wood.

Finally, i wouldnt worry too much if you haven't renewed before the cut off date.

No chairman in there right mind would hike the prices up too much if we are still playing poor, and a friend in the ticket office said they haven't had as many apply as usual, so i think SL will keep the prices as low as possible.

Just borrowed the money to pay for 2 X ST's in the East End. Today, I can't afford them, today, I can't see how I'm going to be able to afford the travel to AG from London for the rest of this season, let alone next - but like the City I've just been on a bit of a bad run lately, there's no need to panic and the glory days are just around the corner.

praying%20smiley.gif

I renewed because it is my chosen religion! You can't just switch it off and say no to city that's the problem. Footballs been crap we've sat through spankings by Cardiff endless last minute conceded goals but I'm still buying and I can't explain why

You just have. And a perfect reason to renew!

yes i have renewed after supporting team&club for fifty years.and just wish the moaners give this kind of support

Sorry 'Superfanman', my kids are now over 16 so this year it would cost me £800, which I don't have, so I will have to become a 'part time' supporter and go when I can, which by the way, won't be as often as i'd like because 1 match for the 3 of us will be over £50.

Sport of the working classes? not any more tumbleweed.gif

I'll renew but I'm ****** if I'll do it at some stupidly early deadline that is creeping closer to Xmas every year. They really are taking the piss with that.

I like the day out with old mates in the pub even if the football has by and large been complete shite.

I will be expecting us to be significantly more entertaining next season and to stop arsing around kidding ourselves with wingbacks and 433 and have solved the obvious long running problems with squad balance. Results wise playoffs would be nice, top 10 will be fine.

I'll renew but I'm ****** if I'll do it at some stupidly early deadline that is creeping closer to Xmas every year. They really are taking the piss with that.

I like the day out with old mates in the pub even if the football has by and large been complete shite.

I will be expecting us to be significantly more entertaining next season and to stop arsing around kidding ourselves with wingbacks and 433 and have solved the obvious long running problems with squad balance. Results wise playoffs would be nice, top 10 will be fine.

I'll renew at some point so might as well do it when its at the cheapest price. I don't know what the difference is but even £20 is worth saving.

Completely agree with your last two paragraphs. If there wasn't the social element to a matchday I'd seriously consider not renewing.

I can't see that after three seasons of not scoring enough goals that Johnson (should he still be in charge) would go down the same negative and dull path again. But then I thought that this time last season....

I'll be renewing before Saturday, as will all seven others i go with. I've been a season ticket holder for seventeen years and if i can renew through the truly dire football of Osman and Pulis then the comparative football that we are playing under Johnson means that renewing would never be in question. From a personal point of view it's about supporting the club as well as the team and the manager and so long as i can afford to do so, i will. Plus i still enjoy going down to watch them, even if i don't always feel that way at 5.00. Also from a personal point of view, i still believe Johnson has a lot to offer and we could very well be singing his praises again this time next year (apart from Robbored of course, because of his ridiculous agenda). I'm of the opinion that he is still building this squad and whilst he has made mistakes along the way there isn't a manager out there that doesn't and there is still more to come.

COYR

Holding on to my cash for a while. I will do it but by not renewing straight away it gives some sort of indication to them that I am unhappy about the current situation.

• Admin

It is the addiction of meeting up with a group of mates, sharing stories and banter and plodding around numerous bars around the area before and after the game that would be as hard to miss, yes the football has had more downs than ups this season but we will be back year after year, and around much longer than this and many other regimes and staff before them. . .

But at £17.17 a game was an offer that I could not refuse, granted the Mrs is slightly peeved our new bathroom may have been put back a few months but hey !

As a mate would say, committment to Bristol City, through good and bad, is unconditional, disregarding all the temporary factors such as manager,players and divisions. (I do hope we can keep SL, however, for the foreseeable future)

Am renewing. Don't get full value out of the season ticket because I live in London but view it as a way of supporting the club.

Can't get to every home game because of where I live and probably go to as many if not more away matches. The buzz of going away, always standing up and singing and meeting mates in some far flung places is the greatest. (Leicester Away - what a brilliant experience) The season ticket, and could not go anywhere else but in the EE, saves all the hassle of getting to see my team in both sets of places.

U REDZ.

As a mate would say, committment to Bristol City, through good and bad, is unconditional, disregarding all the temporary factors such as manager,players and divisions. (I do hope we can keep SL, however, for the foreseeable future)

Am renewing. Don't get full value out of the season ticket because I live in London but view it as a way of supporting the club.

Well said - working in London makes it impossible for me to do midweek games but I'm not counting the cost per game. It's about supporting the club.

I have renewed because that is what I do - and have done since 1982 - regardless of manager, division, quality of play et al.

Having said that I am on a good pension and can afford it - in 1990 after crap like this season I may have thought twice - especially as at that time I had to buy my son one as well.

As another poster commented - no longer the working class game it used to be. I also like rugby and Bath are in the top flight but half the price of CCC let alone the soccer equivalent ( Premier League ).

Just renewed mine, I didn't think I was going to be able to this year as things have been difficult on the job front this year, but I had a windfall today, so it went on the season ticket.

I just can't imagine sitting at home while city are playing at at the gate next season. Happy days.

Not renewed yet, not for any other reason than can't afford it.

Hoping business picks up and when it does will be renewed.

Financial situation really pisses me off as had season ticket ever since Dolman was built, not always in Dolman, so have been through worst seasons than the current one and hoping for a return to the glory years so don;t want to worry about getting tickets when we're in the prem next season due to Manu, Liverpool, Bolton, hul and others all in liquidation!

Archived