IGNORED

Doncaster Match Thread

Frome Red

No disrespect but...PLAYOFFS...Seriously? Has anyone in all seriousness EVER thought we were worthy of a playoff place this season? We are a mid table team at best. There is always one team that gets promoted and does well in their first season up. (Leicester this year) Then you get found out. Look around the division and the players and set up other teams have. We are Mid table at our best. Avoiding relegation this year will be a bonus.

I had this arguement with the old man at the start of the season he was saying top eight no probs i said mid-table i would be delighted your talking sence mate.

First Cardiff, now Donny. Its horrible losing this way, I'm a City fans and i'm hurting as much as anyone connected with the club right now, Its awful.

I admit i've almost given up on a play-off now becuase there are too many teams doing better than us, its true, we have had a lot of setbacks this season and on the last game i'll honestly be happy with a mid table position, exactly where I expected us to finish at the start.

The way I think is we have no choice but to remain upbeat, there is not much point being anything else.

Johnson has some issues to sort out, l trust him 100% to sort them by next season start.

I can't not think what the man has done in the past here, he took this club and dragged it up to where it is today, we are all prouder becuase of it.

We may not all agree on his methods, but the results were plane for all to see. he got rid of the deadwood quicktimepro and motivated the existing squad willing to fight for City, the vast vast majority of the squad are right behind Johnson and fully commuted to the cause, but I cant help but start to wonder who is the bad influence?

Whats going on, who is not pulling their weight?, I can't accept that these result are down to Johnson, but here we are, something is wrong and GJ needs time to square it, thats his job.

You dont go from being a great manager to a totally shit one, hes not a merc engine that an run consistently well for 25 years, hes a human being dealing with human beings in a high presure enviroment with demanding fans, its pretty fair to say we are gonna experience some lows along there way, which I think are necessary as they validate the highs.

Think we've gotta strap ourselves in, its gonna be a bumpy ride for a few months.

After the vile things you wrote about the Soccerette a few months ago, I have tried not to respond to your posts, but I couldn't let this one pass. You clearly have not seen at first hand the total disintegration of our football club, because, if you had, you would not still be spouting crap about the play off s and Johnson being the man to take us forward.

The man has run out of ideas, and the players, with a couple of honourable exceptions, do not give a sh*t about the club. A huge clear out is required.

Bearing in mind the clubs we still have to play in our run-in, I think we are now odds on for relegation, not the play offs.

Now where's the vodka?

campbell ryce souds like one of our best players today, why the **** is he off!?

Because he's fine going forward but an effing liability when the play breaks down. No tracking back whatsoever and leaves his fullback horrendously exposed. This failure had a big part in at least 2 of the goals. It was painfully obvious that this was a problem after a few minutes, coupled to a somewhat lightweight midfield with Elliots absence. However it took our tactical maestro until 20 minutes from the end to spot that one. I despair.

The day before Doncaster match thread?dunno.gifwinner_third_h4h.gif

Pre- match anticipation is rising, the weather looks set fair and goals are surely in the air.

I agree about Campbell-Ryce starting and I can see him netting one as well.

3-1 City (C-Ryce, Iwelumo and Maynard - with a meaningless but laughably frustrating 90th min. consolation reply from Coppinger)

Attendance 13,450.

Ah, well got one bit right anyway.doh.gif

First Cardiff, now Donny. Its horrible losing this way, I'm a City fans and i'm hurting as much as anyone connected with the club right now, Its awful.

I admit i've almost given up on a play-off now becuase there are too many teams doing better than us, its true, we have had a lot of setbacks this season and on the last game i'll honestly be happy with a mid table position, exactly where I expected us to finish at the start.

The way I think is we have no choice but to remain upbeat, there is not much point being anything else.

Johnson has some issues to sort out, l trust him 100% to sort them by next season start.

I can't not think what the man has done in the past here, he took this club and dragged it up to where it is today, we are all prouder becuase of it.

We may not all agree on his methods, but the results were plane for all to see. he got rid of the deadwood quicktimepro and motivated the existing squad willing to fight for City, the vast vast majority of the squad are right behind Johnson and fully commuted to the cause, but I cant help but start to wonder who is the bad influence?

Whats going on, who is not pulling their weight?, I can't accept that these result are down to Johnson, but here we are, something is wrong and GJ needs time to square it, thats his job.

You dont go from being a great manager to a totally shit one, hes not a merc engine that an run consistently well for 25 years, hes a human being dealing with human beings in a high presure enviroment with demanding fans, its pretty fair to say we are gonna experience some lows along there way, which I think are necessary as they validate the highs.

Think we've gotta strap ourselves in, its gonna be a bumpy ride for a few months.

I think you are deluded my old mate.I hate to say it but he's taken us as far as he can. There was no fight today, their movement off the ball pulled us all over the place, and even though they're a decent side to watch it was hardly Brazil was it.Absolute shambles.I burst out laughing when the fourth went in, it was schoolboy stuff.Im not takin the piss but are you serious when you mentioned the play off's. It's time to start looking over our shoulders again.

Stability is in general a great thing to have at a club, but sometimes things get stale,people can no longer motivate and players get board of hearing the same things day in day out, perhaps we've reached that point.

Guest bigcheese

Because he's fine going forward but an effing liability when the play breaks down. No tracking back whatsoever and leaves his fullback horrendously exposed. This failure had a big part in at least 2 of the goals. It was painfully obvious that this was a problem after a few minutes, coupled to a somewhat lightweight midfield with Elliots absence. However it took our tactical maestro until 20 minutes from the end to spot that one. I despair.

Well said, totally agree with the point on JCR. Also left Fontaine exposed, although, yes, he did have

a bad game generally as well.

Also what I can't understand is I personally, involuntarily almost, feel the need to shout occasionally

when I feel the players are not giving their all etc, do you not get that from the manager?!

Christ that was appalling. Can someone show me the LJ threads!?

After the vile things you wrote about the Soccerette a few months ago, I have tried not to respond to your posts, but I couldn't let this one pass. You clearly have not seen at first hand the total disintegration of our football club, because, if you had, you would not still be spouting crap about the play off s and Johnson being the man to take us forward.

The man has run out of ideas, and the players, with a couple of honourable exceptions, do not give a sh*t about the club. A huge clear out is required.

Bearing in mind the clubs we still have to play in our run-in, I think we are now odds on for relegation, not the play offs.

Now where's the vodka?

I didn't write anything vile about the Soccerette! Thats a bit harsh.

Disintegration is a bit much aint it? I think Pompy fans might think we're overreacting a tad, thats their word!

We need to consider the setbacks we had pre season, a season long injury for Velicka and not least of all Basso saga.

This division is strong and will punish those not prepared, i'll be happy playing in it next season, more than happy and GJ is the man to continue to push the club on.

IF that "manager" and his "staff" are still here, its quite ****** possible, we'll swap places with Swinetown or WORSE sadsag s hit....

Custers last bloody stand more like.

Archived