IGNORED

All This Gj Hate/gj Out Etc

Pickle Rick

We have such a lovely variety of versions from 'fans' who want GJ out, why don't you all go and set up some sort of protest at the ground after a match?

It would be intersting to see the numbers of the ones who really want him out.

Don't you think it would be a good idea?

I'd love to attend to see the numbers - and not join in.

We have such a lovely variety of versions from 'fans' who want GJ out, why don't you all go and set up some sort of protest at the ground after a match?

interesting your quote above,so why do you think GJ should stay,or what in your opinion makes you think he can turn things around ??

interesting your quote above,so why do you think GJ should stay,or what in your opinion makes you think he can turn things around ??

Thanks, but that has nothing to do with what I posted, I'm not saying he should stay. Realisticly, I can't see him going.

What I am saying is I'm daring these that are quite happy to slag off everything should not be so hypocritical and get off their fat behinds from behind the screen and do something if it bothers them that much, rather than cluttering up our forum.

Personally, I don't think many would actually turn up to such a thing and make an ass of themselves.

Thanks, but that has nothing to do with what I posted, I'm not saying he should stay. Realisticly, I can't see him going.

What I am saying is I'm daring these that are quite happy to slag off everything should not be so hypocritical and get off their fat behinds from behind the screen and do something if it bothers them that much, rather than cluttering up our forum.

Personally, I don't think many would actually turn up to such a thing and make an ass of themselves.

I think it may well come to some sort of protest if things continue in the current way, and the reason it hasn't yet is because the fans have the utmost faith in SL to deal with the situation. But if things continue, then who knows?

I think the protset you mention kicked off a few months ago but in a slightly more different way than you suggest.

By this i mean look around on a matchday and count how many red seats you see, many ways to skin a cat my friend

so you put up with it,the problem with Bristol folk is they do not let their feeling show, go up north,across to London,even the Midlands GJ would be having it hard from the fans.

Perhaps this is why city and Bristol has never really had a top flight team the fans are as passionate as any where else but they just put up with the same old rubbish.

Having an opinion about the manager and being extreme enough, or even bothered enough, to go and start a protest are too completely different things. I would imagine that most people are cheesed off with the current government, but you don't see millions of people organising a protest - they bide their time and vote with their - erm - vote.

I, for example, have decided that I will not renew my season ticket while Johnson is manager.

Let me ask you this Scrumpy - What fills you with confidence about Johnson? Sure he did a good job intially but has struggled badly for the last two season. Most fans have had enough of the dreadfull and frankly shite football that we've been subjected to and yet you remain in his camp. Why?

I think the protset you mention kicked off a few months ago but in a slightly more different way than you suggest.

By this i mean look around on a matchday and count how many red seats you see, many ways to skin a cat my friend

Thats a protest? Wow.

so you put up with it,the problem with Bristol folk is they do not let their feeling show, go up north,across to London,even the Midlands GJ would be having it hard from the fans.

Perhaps this is why city and Bristol has never really had a top flight team the fans are as passionate as any where else but they just put up with the same old rubbish.

So you're talking for the whole of Bristol now?! Thats special.

There hasn't yet been a smart arse reply yet as to why we have 'keyboard warriors' and no end product. Quite sad really isn't it.

Who is going to put themselves forward for protest, I'm aching for someone to do it so we can all actually see who really wants him out!

Its ok typing clutter, but nothings happened in the real life against our hierarchy?!

Having an opinion about the manager and being extreme enough, or even bothered enough, to go and start a protest are too completely different things. I would imagine that most people are cheesed off with the current government, but you don't see millions of people organising a protest - they bide their time and vote with their - erm - vote.

I, for example, have decided that I will not renew my season ticket while Johnson is manager.

Start something real then, not a bunch of petty topics on the forum. Comparing the government to Bristol City FC is strange, we hardly turn up at the House of Commons every other week. I'm sure if you've seen programs like Blue Peter, it ain't hard to make a banner. Go for it!

Shame you havn't renewed and shown loyalty to you're club.

Let me ask you this Scrumpy - What fills you with confidence about Johnson? Sure he did a good job intially but has struggled badly for the last two season. Most fans have had enough of the dreadfull and frankly shite football that we've been subjected to and yet you remain in his camp. Why?

Ohh, you're not trying to push me into a corner are you with questions? I'm not saying he fills me with confidence. Read what I am saying in this topic, before we end up putting this to shame like the rest of the anti GJ stuff.

I think we are however better off than a lot of clubs and SL won't part company with him at this moment.

Thats a protest? Wow.

So you're talking for the whole of Bristol now?! Thats special.

There hasn't yet been a smart arse reply yet as to why we have 'keyboard warriors' and no end product. Quite sad really isn't it.

Who is going to put themselves forward for protest, I'm aching for someone to do it so we can all actually see who really wants him out!

Its ok typing clutter, but nothings happened in the real life against our hierarchy?!

I really don't understand your point. You said he should not stay on a later post but you imply you don't feel "fueled" enough to join in. So, are you sat on the fence but trying to "fuel" up something? its the board and SL that has the power to sack GJ. A protest wont do anything, look at ashley and Newcastle. The only thing that talks is money. If people dont show up especially the non-ST then that raises concern. So, where do you stand exactly or are you just trying to provoke something.

Yea like a protest is going to do much.. Im actually quite glad that we havnt had some sort of northen protest were a load of drunken chavs shout abuse outside of the players/managers entrance (Newcastle Barnsley etc). It at least shows are fans have half a brain cell and realise if you dont Like GJ dont turn up, its simple.

When season tickets, shirt sales, and pay on the day sales drop that ''protest'' will send a much louder message than if we all stood around after a game hurling abuse.

I really don't understand your point. You said he should not stay on a later post but you imply you don't feel "fueled" enough to join in. So, are you sat on the fence but trying to "fuel" up something? its the board and SL that has the power to sack GJ. A protest wont do anything, look at ashley and Newcastle. The only thing that talks is money. If people dont show up especially the non-ST then that raises concern. So, where do you stand exactly or are you just trying to provoke something.

At this point I accept he won't go and won't be forced out by SL. Lansdown isn't going to be driven by what seems to be smaller numbers of 'fans' giving it the big hi-ho about what he should be doing, thats not how he's become successful I'm sure, so why would he start it now?

He doesn't see any hardcore evidence of ALL us fans blaming Johnson for our current status, though ironically, we're still better off than a lot of clubs in our division overall.

I am behind what the club are doing unless we're seriously in trouble, which we aren't! We're about mid table in our 3rd season in the league. I am starting to think Johnson may be running out of ideas however, but won't make a song and dance behind my keyboard about it. Its getting boring seeing all these anti GJ or SL posts. It seems about time, that if some think its that bad, to physically show it.

Not just phone in to Twentpence or type feelings.

Yea like a protest is going to do much.. Im actually quite glad that we havnt had some sort of northen protest were a load of drunken chavs shout abuse outside of the players/managers entrance (Newcastle Barnsley etc). It at least shows are fans have half a brain cell and realise if you dont Like GJ dont turn up, its simple.

When season tickets, shirt sales, and pay on the day sales drop that ''protest'' will send a much louder message than if we all stood around after a game hurling abuse.

A protest or even banners, or whatever you're initiative brings (may not be a lot though) - Do something! I dare you!

Our 1st season bubble has burst and we've got to keep building for future success, not just expect it.

I'm sure you ain't perfect so why do you expect our club to be?

Also, how many clubs have it easy exactly? Deal with it, or do something about it.

another fan living in the past, lets give johnson a life long contract as he nearly got us to the prem

Nail on the head why do chairman do it?, rolling one year contracts has got to be the way forward with football managers. Yes you can lose compensation if a club wont's them at the end of the year but surely thats cheaper than paying them out half way through a 5yr contract.

This seems to be ending up off course, before we know it, we'll start on Lee Johnson.

So - back on topic...

Is anyone actually willing to do something other than moan with a keyboard or phone to our silly (and almost agony aunt to some) Twentypence.

Who will stop coming up with excuses against our management and physically do something?

I'm still curious....

No one, okay, didn't think so.

One game away from the prem is not bad.Not bad with the resources he had.

Why do people say this? These kind of comments are just wide of the mark. In the last 2 seasons, (where it has been incredibly dull), Johnson has spent a shiteload of money by our standards, and our wage bill is the biggest it's ever been by a long way. We persist with useless loanees, a system Johnson frowned upon in the playoff season, and we have by no means had limited resources and a low budget.

Oh and one more thing quickly, THIS LINK looks promising and speaks volumes for our fanbase as a whole doesn't it.

56 replys so far. And how many do we have at the matches 13/14 thousand.

Very suspect. Almost makes me chuckle!

a) It was only made yesterday, so many will not have seen it yet.

b) Clearly nothing like all of our fans use this forum.

c) Many people who want him out will have not bothered commenting, such as myself.

So your points prove nothing. Did you go yesterday? Maybe everyones response in the away end would suggest a hell of a lot of people are annoyed, not to mention the amount of fans down the gate who want a change.

This seems to be ending up off course, before we know it, we'll start on Lee Johnson.

So - back on topic...

Is anyone actually willing to do something other than moan with a keyboard or phone to our silly (and almost agony aunt to some) Twentypence.

Who will stop coming up with excuses against our management and physically do something?

I'm still curious....

So - back on topic...

I'm still curious....

...what's an online forum for if you can't moan with a keyboard...??

whistle.gif

a) It was only made yesterday, so many will not have seen it yet.

b) Clearly nothing like all of our fans use this forum.

c) Many people who want him out will have not bothered commenting, such as myself.

So your points prove nothing. Did you go yesterday? Maybe everyones response in the away end would suggest a hell of a lot of people are annoyed, not to mention the amount of fans down the gate who want a change.

a) Well i'm licking my lips in anticipation for the future response of that topic.

b) Come again, I don't understand the meaning of that statement.

c) Thats a fair point, but on a majority, if people have a reason to complain, they will do most the time.

So my points are viable and yes I was there yesterday and no it wasn't a good performance. Reading look very good at the moment and we were poor. Poor marking and lack of will or hunger. I thought we had a few patchy spells and Campbell-Rice was unlucky, though the defender done well to put him off his stride.

Comments were being thrown at the team and Johnson to sort it out. So what, that happens a fair bit anyway.

Surely starting a thread like this Scrumpy is just fueling the fire thats already starting to burn??

People will disagree with others its just people vent their anger on the internet these days because there are forums to do so.

There will be the same discussions on a Saturday in the pubs and football ground.

You only have to look at the level of people that dont post on here anymore to see that you cant debate things on here before it turns into petty squabbles.

Whatever happens we all support the same team and we all want the same thing, championship football next season.

Whilst i am losing faith in Johnsons tactics and team selections, i will always get behind the players when they are on the pitch.

We have 10 matches left and need to ensure that the players get our backing to stay up.

Whatever we think of the manager i dont think Lansdown will do anything now until May.

Reading are the form team of the division anyone who was expecting a positive result yesterday should maybe lick there lips Scrumpy then again one good result were sudennly world beaters i was there got back a couple hours went on to London for the night afterwards, what was the talk on the trains coming back.

Archived