IGNORED

All This Gj Hate/gj Out Etc

Pickle Rick

last time we were in the championship i believe we lasted one season.We were not that inspiring then.Why do people think we are a big club. We are small with big potential, Johnson has wonders at this club.

the thing is lansdown is trying to take the club forward on and off the field and without doubt Gary is taking the club backwards at the moment and has been for 2 years despite the money he's had to spend.

some Fans question our size etc and think we are being unrealistic in wanting promotion to the prem, however surely that's belittling the views of the most important fan at the Club, the chairman.

he's the one who is determined to get this club into the prem more than anyone and if he feels people are holding it back, he'll tell them, no doubt in private he's said something similar to Gary and if Gary doesn't meet these goals, he'll be gone.

Scrumpy, respect your opinion about GJ, but don't agree with much of what you say. GJ did a job for us initially, and getting us to the Play Off final was a remarkable achievement. However, as many have pointed out, it has been downhill all the way since then, with a couple of incredibly clueless games at home, and away form that is truly shocking. I went to Reading and Sheff Utd, and they really were limp, gutless displays, and we created absolutely nothing. I gather that Watford was not a lot better. All this with a pretty high transfer budget, a high wage bill, and the Club sustaining huge losses - And with absolutely no youth development.

I'm not really sure why you think a mass protest is relevant. I think that every City fan respects his past achievements, and would not want him to leave in such undignified circumstances. Also, many of us think that is an inappropriate way to show the feelings, and many of us prefer to express things as coherently as we can, on Forums like this. The empty seats is very relevant, and if he stays, I suspect that it will be even more apparent next season, unless the football improves considerably. To be honest, I think that next season will be a struggle, whatever. We have a large squad, pretty devoid of quality, and horribly unbalanced. SL must surely be looking at cutting the financial losses, meaning that whoever is in charge will have to move out players, which may prove hard, and be restricted to cheapies and using Academy players (If anyone can remember that concept!).

a) Well i'm licking my lips in anticipation for the future response of that topic.

b) Come again, I don't understand the meaning of that statement.

c) Thats a fair point, but on a majority, if people have a reason to complain, they will do most the time.

So my points are viable and yes I was there yesterday and no it wasn't a good performance. Reading look very good at the moment and we were poor. Poor marking and lack of will or hunger. I thought we had a few patchy spells and Campbell-Rice was unlucky, though the defender done well to put him off his stride.

Comments were being thrown at the team and Johnson to sort it out. So what, that happens a fair bit anyway.

My b) comment meant that only a small minority of City fans will use this forum, so suggesting only 56 of 14,000 have written back is a silly arguement. There's so many threads like this, that people have responded on a variety, I'm not going to write my opinion on every thread, and the fact there's so many negative threads with so many views/replied prove a large percentage of people are unhappy.

In response to you saying we had a few patchy spells, I thought we were disgraceful first half and were lucky not to be 3 or 4 down at half-time. We then competed with no end product for 20-30 mins before letting them back into it and they should've grabbed a few more in the closing stages, so I disagree with your view.

Its funny at the start of the season we were all worried about Johnson being linked to every club going. Best manager we have had and he will only get better.

Meanwhile in the real world........................

Most protests done up north and including cardiff are being done due to financial state of clubs and fans being lied to and basic bad running of clubs, now we don't have that at city (for a change) now our chairman is showing an admirable show of loyalty towards his team manager and both don't really deserve the name calling or hostility shown in those type of protests, i still respect what they both have achieved up till now but sometimes what worked in the past does not always work say 2 years on. Now if GJ is ever to leave Bristol city i hope he will go a with dignified send off rather than a pack of wolves at the door as he has got us from A to B now getting to C is another question, now I don't hate GJ and I don't hate SL it is a totally different situation to say cardiff, man utd or newcastle to where they love thier clubs but hate the chairman's and protests are for when your club is in the shite rather than poor results, however i believe fans are making their discontent known enough inside AG, the pubs and on the internet, no need really for mob rule.

Yep It's a results business and i've resigned myself to see us staying up ,SL looking at things in the close season,

player wise, manager or whatever, but we can play better as proved vs west brom thats for sure and i want to see more of that.

We have such a lovely variety of versions from 'fans' who want GJ out, why don't you all go and set up some sort of protest at the ground after a match?

It would be intersting to see the numbers of the ones who really want him out.

Don't you think it would be a good idea?

I'd love to attend to see the numbers - and not join in.

Perhaps those unhappy with the GJ reign could club together and take an advert in Well Red. The advert would show the managerial stats (detailed - down to goals scored, points won, points lost, etc and not just WWDLLL etc) and give an SMS no. for match attendees to text an 'In' or 'Out' vote.

As I understand it, a publisher cannot reject any advert if there is space available - and if there are enough dissenters, it wouldn't be very expensive to take out a full page!

We have a strong squad and should be up there challenging for the playoffs, especislly with the problems qpr, reading and palarse have been having. GJs loan singings have been poor, and his tactics have been completely clueless, and witrh the players we have to be playing so badly really is worrying. definately time for a change. I want promotion not relegation

My b) comment meant that only a small minority of City fans will use this forum, so suggesting only 56 of 14,000 have written back is a silly arguement. There's so many threads like this, that people have responded on a variety, I'm not going to write my opinion on every thread, and the fact there's so many negative threads with so many views/replied prove a large percentage of people are unhappy.

In response to you saying we had a few patchy spells, I thought we were disgraceful first half and were lucky not to be 3 or 4 down at half-time. We then competed with no end product for 20-30 mins before letting them back into it and they should've grabbed a few more in the closing stages, so I disagree with your view.

At present that thread has 2073 views with only 60 replies in support, hardly conclusive proof that the majority of fans want Gary Johnson out.

At present that thread has 2073 views with only 60 replies in support, hardly conclusive proof that the majority of fans want Gary Johnson out.

So true.

Just to be clear, a protest is an example of what may prove to me and many others, the fact that an apparent 'majority' or even 'vast numbers' (which some may believe) want/think johnson should/will go! Some evidence at least that this forum isn't full of big typer - no action folk.

A banner or anything, but I don't think it will happen. We're an avaerage Championship team on the up, better off than many and the fact a special few think we (a club of our stature) should be something special at this time is pure silly (to put it lightly). Keyboard warriors 'r' us at the moment and no action!

It is pretty sad really, that some come out with the sort of rubbish stating such comments along the lines of 'he's a Conference manager' or 'out of his depth' etc...

Simple - He isn't going as long as we're not in a relegation scrap. Then he'll be here next season.

Yes. Many of these views will have been from people who don't post, I know of friends who regularly read the forum but do not post. The views also clock up everytime someone clicks it, so I've probably accounted for about 10 of the view myself. The fact is significantly less than 2073 otib members will have read this thread. Besides, everyone can't comment every thread, I haven't even commented on that thread yet I want them all out, so that proves nothing. Having said that, I may go and comment inamin if people are taking it this literally!

Yes. Many of these views will have been from people who don't post, I know of friends who regularly read the forum but do not post. The views also clock up everytime someone clicks it, so I've probably accounted for about 10 of the view myself. The fact is significantly less than 2073 otib members will have read this thread. Besides, everyone can't comment every thread, I haven't even commented on that thread yet I want them all out, so that proves nothing. Having said that, I may go and comment inamin if people are taking it this literally!

There is a common reason why some don't want to post. I do wonder why?

Part of the answer is on the Bristol City Talk topics page.

OK Scrumpy, as you tolerate no disagreement, I'll join you. I felt so lucky yesterday, it was non-stop entertainment, apart from the first 93 minutes and City were just so unlucky, and Doncaster was just a blip, and Cardiff was another blip. The signing of Sno and Saborio was a masterstroke that turned the season around, and Ageymang has been the best value ever. I just feel so lucky watching City. We have had at least two entertaining games at home, and since Reading last season I have been to 16 away games (How many have you been to?), seeing NO wins, and a glorious 9 City goals, plus the odd 28 that the opposition have scored.

And the list of youngsters who have flourished under this current regime-

That has not been too evident of late!

And to the idiot who suggested a full page ad - Try growing up and accept that others may have different views to you!

and whose to blame for that? a combination of the squad and the ineptitude of management. Think honestly, GJ or Coppell/Curbishley.

Its a no brainer.

I keep reading that we have 'the best squad ever', and a 'brilliant manager', yet we lose 6-0 at home to cardiff and 5-2 against might Doncaster, and away from home we produce some incredibly inept performances creating very few chances - Yesterday and Sheff Utd were utterly gutless and clueless - Ipswich was little better, but poor finishing and Gerken saved us.

You just wonder what would happen if the squad and manager were not so brilliant!

We have such a lovely variety of versions from 'fans' who want GJ out, why don't you all go and set up some sort of protest at the ground after a match?

It would be intersting to see the numbers of the ones who really want him out.

Don't you think it would be a good idea?

I'd love to attend to see the numbers - and not join in.

Trouble is, the football is so dire that the majority of people leave way before the end!

We have a strong squad and should be up there challenging for the playoffs, especislly with the problems qpr, reading and palarse have been having. GJs loan singings have been poor, and his tactics have been completely clueless, and witrh the players we have to be playing so badly really is worrying. definately time for a change. I want promotion not relegation

Nope, the squad is not strong. Its in about the right position. no God given right to pray offs either.

The whole set up has been under-performing. GJ is the manager hes the one to (or not) sort out the mess. caint blame anyone else. 90% of the squad are his signings, only Skuse & Carey aint nowadays (I'm pretty sure)

We're in the position we deserve at the moment (Not us the fans, the team, that is)

Trouble is, the football is so dire that the majority of people leave way before the end!

Really

Never noticed that myself hmm....

Nope, the squad is not strong. Its in about the right position. no God given right to pray offs either.

The whole set up has been under-performing. GJ is the manager hes the one to (or not) sort out the mess. caint blame anyone else. 90% of the squad are his signings, only Skuse & Carey aint nowadays (I'm pretty sure)

We're in the position we deserve at the moment (Not us the fans, the team, that is)

What around mid-table?! Sack the board, eh?!

We won't go down and Johnson won't go, face it.

I think some need to get over this 'GJ out' and move on accepting he won't be sacked. However, some sort of blatent 'expression' would send a better message to SL, not some petty hate against a football manager, or the odd verbal towards GJ.

We won't go down and Johnson won't go, face it.

I think some need to get over this 'GJ out' and move on accepting he won't be sacked. However, some sort of blatent 'expression' would send a better message to SL, not some petty hate against a football manager, or the odd verbal towards GJ.

Its unlikely that we will go down but untill City reach the 52 point mark I'll be just a little concerned.

I'm also not so sure that Johnson will be in charge come Aug 2010. The discontent amongst the fans is rising and is the thin edge of the wedge as far as Johnson is concerned.

Once the fans lose faith in the management the writing is on the wall. Anymore piss poor results like Cardiff, Donny and passionless performances like Sheffield Utd and Reading will just increase the fans anger.

Archived