IGNORED

Protests (merged Thread)

Keepers Ball

Are you actually a Bristol City fan?

I want GJ out too but theres no way i'd participate in any stupid protest against a man thats done so much for us. SL is a clever man and he will know when the time is right to sack GJ, he won't do it just because of a few idiotic fans waving a banner round.

The club is in great hands, trust SL for god sake, protesting will not help the cause at all.

And how long have you been a City fan? I've been down for so many years now and don't remember any protests to get managers out when we were doing rubbish in League One.

Get a grip and don't be stupid!

disapointed2se.gif

What is stupid in wanting to get rid of a bloke that is getting us relegated.Every week some crazy substitution or change in system, a defence that has been malfunctioning since last season and no action to solve it and yet he has been allowed to just carry on regardless.Somebody somewhere has got to say enough is enough as it looks like Lansdown is just prepared to watch as we slide to oblivion.

People really need to show their support.......as far as im concerened at the moment you all need to forget about gary johnson......

you have two choices:

1) protest on saturday and drag the club down into all of your negativity, make evrything negative around the club and help us on our way to possible relegation

OR

2) be the 12th man, be one of the things that can be a positive about our club - SUPPORTERS and give the players somebody to play for and support them to the point they want it for you.

take option 1 if you want to carry on with your childish tantrums. take option 2 if you want championship football next season, and if you dont believe Johson can deliver that then bl**dy make sure you inspire the players to the point that they ensure safety

I dont think a protest is either a tantrum or childish. it has worked many a time before BUT your Option 2 certainly got me questioning my original thought.

Been said before in other guises but your wording in the last sentence really hits it on the head

People really need to show their support.......as far as im concerened at the moment you all need to forget about gary johnson......

you have two choices:

1) protest on saturday and drag the club down into all of your negativity, make evrything negative around the club and help us on our way to possible relegation

OR

2) be the 12th man, be one of the things that can be a positive about our club - SUPPORTERS and give the players somebody to play for and support them to the point they want it for you.

take option 1 if you want to carry on with your childish tantrums. take option 2 if you want championship football next season, and if you dont believe Johson can deliver that then bl**dy make sure you inspire the players to the point that they ensure safety

because it's worked so recently hasn't it?

so your prepared to give up being the 12th man for your team?you've had enough and your not going to support johnson or the team?even if it only works 3 times in the remaining games then it will have been worth getting behind your team the other teams and not seeing the response you wanted!

so your prepared to give up being the 12th man for your team?you've had enough and your not going to support johnson or the team?even if it only works 3 times in the remaining games then it will have been worth getting behind your team the other teams and not seeing the response you wanted!

i'll back the team but no longer GJ

Stuff the happy clappers. They are part of living proof that there is far too much apathy when it comes to being a Bristolian football fan

Yeah. Stupid happy clappers. We should be so much higher than our current position. Stupid happy clappers. Always clapping and happy. When will they learn? Changing your manager is what all successful teams do. Its proven. Its a fact. When will they learn? Stupid happy clappers.

Lets sing songs cause we hate Gary. He has lost the dressing room. I hate him. Why cant we be higher than midtable. He has ruined us. Idiot. He is fat. And a cockney. I know about football. Change the manager. Hes lost the dressing room. He is a bad manager. Before was just luck! He;s fat. And a cockney. God I hate him.

I know about football. Thats why Im not happy. And that;s why I dont clap.

i'll back the team but no longer GJ

cant do either/or at the moment im afraid. Players see you refusing to support GJ with banners and chants then why will they support him.....why would they play for someone who is sourrounded by negativety. At work, even if you believe in your boss, if people start criticising them than you cannot help but lose a little bit of respect for their management. This will happen with the players if their our protests.....Im afraid its too late for a change of management no.....its time for evryone to bite their tounges as far as protests are concerned and harness their anger into full voacal support and getting behind the team to give them that lift to get us those 2/3 wins we need

And you and people like you are living proof of why Bristol has a losing mentality which prevents it's football clubs moving forward.

Cynic, Could you possibly explain what part of the playing side of this football club is moving forward under the stewardship of Gary Johnson?

I'm trying not to be argumentative or smarmy and am genuinly interested in a conversation about this subject.

Much obliged.

Jordan.

Go on then.

Do it.

You'll be drowned out by people telling you to shut the **** up.

If you think the sheep and bandwaggoners on this forum are representative of the support of Bristol City then you are in dreamland - this forum is very much not representative of the fanbase in the real world.

Sure, people are cheesed off - but a sense of perspective is something that this forum doesn't have.

You Sir ROCK! This is all :)

Right! So it's Johnson out then? and then what? 9 games to go no Manager and the only prospective Managers are those that have failed at all their previous clubs.

Gary johnson is a great Manager and has been the second most successful at this club since I started supporting them in the mid 1960's. As someone once said form is temporary class is permanent, we and GJ are in a slump for sure, but throwing the baby out with the bath water is not the answer.

I personally will be very disappointed if those with such little patience and a change for change sake attitude get their way. I have bought season tickets for next season for my daughter and I to watch a team managed by Gary Johnson.

The main thing I keep wondering is how long the, highly unpopular, ALAN DICKS would have lasted in the seasons leading up to the promotion year if this forum existed then. We looked more likely to be relegated than promoted in all the seasons prior to 75/76, except the one immediately before it. Luckily we had a strong chairman with LOYALTY. A lesson to be learned.

There you go guys, a less childish Johnson out facebook group

The creator says it all really.

I can't believe people are talking about a protest. We are 15th not 22nd or below and 7 points away with games ticking away. Think of protesting IF we get near the relegation spots, now is not the time.

Have a think back to three seasons ago, look at where we are now, mid table in the Championship and you want to protest?

MM

Go on then.

Do it.

You'll be drowned out by people telling you to shut the **** up.

Don't think so, majority of people have had enough and are prepared to say that. We Love You Johnson now gets greeted with boos and dies out before it gets to the end.

The only thing I would say is leave it to the end of the match.

Right! So it's Johnson out then? and then what? 9 games to go no Manager and the only prospective Managers are those that have failed at all their previous clubs.

Gary johnson is a great Manager and has been the second most successful at this club since I started supporting them in the mid 1960's. As someone once said form is temporary class is permanent, we and GJ are in a slump for sure, but throwing the baby out with the bath water is not the answer.

I personally will be very disappointed if those with such little patience and a change for change sake attitude get their way. I have bought season tickets for next season for my daughter and I to watch a team managed by Gary Johnson.

The main thing I keep wondering is how long the, highly unpopular, ALAN DICKS would have lasted in the seasons leading up to the promotion year if this forum existed then. We looked more likely to be relegated than promoted in all the seasons prior to 75/76, except the one immediately before it. Luckily we had a strong chairman with LOYALTY. A lesson to be learned.

Sorry Hornbeam, but i think 2 wins in 18 games in more than a slump. Up until last night i would have agreed with you; there's no point in getting rid of Johnson because he deserves a bit of loyalty for all he's done for us and there's no one to replace him. However, its now got to the point where i don't think he can pull us out of this spiral. Since Christmas we have been (and continue to be) THE WORST TEAM IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, and eventually something has to give. I'm still worried that if things stay the way they are it will be out 2nd tier status....

Yeah. Stupid happy clappers. We should be so much higher than our current position. Stupid happy clappers. Always clapping and happy. When will they learn? Changing your manager is what all successful teams do. Its proven. Its a fact. When will they learn? Stupid happy clappers.

Lets sing songs cause we hate Gary. He has lost the dressing room. I hate him. Why cant we be higher than midtable. He has ruined us. Idiot. He is fat. And a cockney. I know about football. Change the manager. Hes lost the dressing room. He is a bad manager. Before was just luck! He;s fat. And a cockney. God I hate him.

I know about football. Thats why Im not happy. And that;s why I dont clap.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit dontcha know!

But your sentiments are spot on my friend. clapping.gif

Johnson is no Alan Dicks the team he built to get to the old first division was totally different they were players in a squad you could name week in week out, every 1 knew their position they read each other and they had that old thing called team spirit Kieth Fear or Peter Spiring would come into the team and just gel. In the end Alan Dicks had to go because he had run his course but i have more respect for him than i will ever have for this current manager given the backing and money he has gone backwards for nearly 2 seasons now .........

He has run his course and its now come down to plugging gaping holes in a very average team , Alan Dicks brought players through as youngsters Johnson now signs total garbage loan players as 2 people said last night at Plymouth if that bloke from Wolves is a international player then get your boots on because any 1 here has a chance.... Chris Iwelumo no wonder you went back to Wolves if this latest do do is keeping you down the pecking order. As for cynic having a go at supporters its putting up with crap like this that make a lot of locals follow the bigger teams as they argue that City And the Gas never will be truely up to competing at a higher level its always gona do but never have .

Best way to show dissatisfaction

DONT TAKE YOUR SEAT UNTIL 15MINS INTO GAME!

Let SL see for himself the empty seats of those not happy with current situation -

as its a full house the empty seats would show up quite clearly plus its infront of the SKY cameras

Thats pathetic.... i would prefere you didnt turn up at all.

I can really see this helping our players cant you... thought so

I don't know what the answer is, glad the responsibility is out of my hands if I'm honest.

My point is that I've seen protests by other sets of fans, both on tv and at matches, in the past and I've always found it a bit sad. I don't really remember what the protests are about or names of the Manager or Chairman on the whole, but I do remember the name of the club. This is what worries me.

I do agree these are sad and desperate times and I like most am concerned about what is happeing at the moment. But I also know that I haven't got knowledge of the full picture, so can't make a fair judgement.

The club will be here next season and for seasons to come, whoever is in charge at whatever level. I don't want everytime the clubs name is mentioned it being talked about for the wrong reasons, this mi MY club and I'm proud of it.

Best way to show dissatisfaction

DONT TAKE YOUR SEAT UNTIL 15MINS INTO GAME!

Let SL see for himself the empty seats of those not happy with current situation -

as its a full house the empty seats would show up quite clearly plus its infront of the SKY cameras

Sorry, but all that will do is ensure that the players are further demoralised and make 100% certain that we get roundly thumped. If everyone gets behind the team and creates the best atmosphere possible, Johnson will have noi excuses if we're rubbish. And you never know, we might just pull off another West Brom result. At the emd of the day, while i want Johnson out, i would much rather we win our last 9 games of this season so lets not do anything to jeapordise our CCC survival just to make a point infront of the TV cameras

Sorry, but all that will do is ensure that the players are further demoralised and make 100% certain that we get roundly thumped. If everyone gets behind the team and creates the best atmosphere possible, Johnson will have noi excuses if we're rubbish. And you never know, we might just pull off another West Brom result. At the emd of the day, while i want Johnson out, i would much rather we win our last 9 games of this season so lets not do anything to jeapordise our CCC survival just to make a point infront of the TV cameras

I think thats spot on, We beat West Brom and we got behind the team then... So why not Newcastle?

If Johnson does not stand down or get removed then i believe a protest should be made before the Newcastle game. Maybe it wont remove him but it will certainly get Lansdown thinking because I very much doubt he reads the protests on here. And if anyone in the club has told him about the stirring on here it would'nt surprise me if his reaction was a wave of a hand. We all know Chairmen/owners of clubs dislike forums.

No Mr Lansdown needs to see and witness the desperation of the fans/paying customers and what is happening to the club at this moment. The only way of doing this is to protest in person by getting to the Newcastle game early and VOCALLY venting our spleens !

If you insist in protesting in a public place be aware that other members of the public might not agree with you and they may react to your protest adversely.

Archived