IGNORED

Now Official Gj Has Gone -sms Confirmed On Os

chowie

Thanking the majority of fans, 'uncalled for', how do you work that out? On what basis is it required that he thanks the fans who have consistently called him a '**** short cockney ***' and a liar, have abused his family and generally contributed nothing to the support of this club over the last couple of years. Sure it comes with the territory in football, but he's not obliged to be appreciative of it!

It's strange how some of the most vitriolic on here are the quickest to take offence at the slightest remark. There does seem to be a slight odour of had washing here now, those who've been calling for his head eager to avoid the responsibility that goes with it - SL's decision, nothing else he could do, nothing to do with fans at all, don't like Millen in charge, can't agree on a successor etc. etc.

lt's good to make one thing clear now, if we go down this year it will be because of this decision not GJ. Despite the problems of recent times, and there have been plenty, we have never been in the bottom 3 of the Championship during his time, or really anywhere near it, only rarely have we not been in the top half. Even on current form, the blocks of 10 games he kept asking to be judged on, if we get from the last 10 games only the same as we got in the 2 blocks preceeding it (10 pts in each) then we'll be safe. So to get relegated we will have to do worse than we ever have under Johnson in this league, I suspect the odds being offerred will show that that is more likely today than it was y/d. But hey, some people are happier in league 1. GJ I suspect wil be in the championship next season regardless.

Of course, now it's happened, I hope we get the 'bounce' effect, secure a couple of good results and push on upwards from there. I honestly can't say who I'd choose to give us the best chance of securing that, but whoever's appointed will have my full backing. I'm right behind SL, his ambition, as well as his finance, are key to the future of this club and we need that long term stability.

Thanks Gary for all you've done.

Your right ,Why say the "majority of fans".

Because there was a vocal minority who were bang out of order and took it to a ridiculous degree, I'm not talking about simply calling for his head. Why not be honest, he's not the manager any more..?

Because there was a vocal minority who were bang out of order and took it to a ridiculous degree, I'm not talking about simply calling for his head. Why not be honest, he's not the manager any more..?

If he was being so honest why didnt he say"i would like to thank the majority of the players"

If he was being so honest why didnt he say"i would like to thank the majority of the players"

Because his love-hate relationship with a small section of the fanbase is a well known fact, any problems with players happens behind closed doors and should stay there.

Delighted! He took us up granted and I will never forget him for them two seasons. However during them two seasons we were still poor if you look at it properly. Our team spirit was our saviour. However players and fans began to lose confidence in his selections and certain players being hounded out of the club.

In the end it seemed that getting one over on the players and fans was more important than the football.

Shame it was left so long and our season has been ruined. I said months and months ago he should go whilst he still had the respect of most fans. Now it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Hopefully now we can get someone in who can fix the unbalanced demoralised squad that we find ourselves with.

Delighted! He took us up granted and I will never forget him for them two seasons. However during them two seasons we were still poor if you look at it properly. Our team spirit was our saviour. However players and fans began to lose confidence in his selections and certain players being hounded out of the club.

In the end it seemed that getting one over on the players and fans was more important than the football.

Shame it was left so long and our season has been ruined. I said months and months ago he should go whilst he still had the respect of most fans. Now it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Hopefully now we can get someone in who can fix the unbalanced demoralised squad that we find ourselves with.

I still don't understand how people can say this. We were promoted and then reached a playoff final! I agree that the past season and a half has been dire and very uninspiring but to slate those 2 seaosns is ludicrous!

I agree with that.

The one 'downer' for me was his insistence of always having a go at some of the fans.

I know for a fact that there are a handful of fans that actively worked to undermine him and make his job harder than it needed to be. Was he supposed to be thankful to these people?

Everything he achieved here was made harder because of these people rather than because of them but thats probably not the way they see it.

Thanking the majority of fans, 'uncalled for', how do you work that out? On what basis is it required that he thanks the fans who have consistently called him a '**** short cockney ***' and a liar, have abused his family and generally contributed nothing to the support of this club over the last couple of years. Sure it comes with the territory in football, but he's not obliged to be appreciative of it!

It's strange how some of the most vitriolic on here are the quickest to take offence at the slightest remark. There does seem to be a slight odour of had washing here now, those who've been calling for his head eager to avoid the responsibility that goes with it - SL's decision, nothing else he could do, nothing to do with fans at all, don't like Millen in charge, can't agree on a successor etc. etc.

lt's good to make one thing clear now, if we go down this year it will be because of this decision not GJ. Despite the problems of recent times, and there have been plenty, we have never been in the bottom 3 of the Championship during his time, or really anywhere near it, only rarely have we not been in the top half. Even on current form, the blocks of 10 games he kept asking to be judged on, if we get from the last 10 games only the same as we got in the 2 blocks preceeding it (10 pts in each) then we'll be safe. So to get relegated we will have to do worse than we ever have under Johnson in this league, I suspect the odds being offerred will show that that is more likely today than it was y/d. But hey, some people are happier in league 1. GJ I suspect wil be in the championship next season regardless.

Of course, now it's happened, I hope we get the 'bounce' effect, secure a couple of good results and push on upwards from there. I honestly can't say who I'd choose to give us the best chance of securing that, but whoever's appointed will have my full backing. I'm right behind SL, his ambition, as well as his finance, are key to the future of this club and we need that long term stability.

I completely agree.

There is so much hand washing going on theres no chance of anyone getting swine flu!

Well said Chaplain, amen to that.

Thank you GJ for getting us up to the championship we played some superb football espcially under the play off season. can always tell that you cared and wanted the best for the club even when not on best form this season Good luck for the future doubt will be that long untill you get another job.

Archived