IGNORED

George Burley

spudski

Guest BristolCityFC

yeah iv seen this, i think he could do a good job, but do you think there are other managers still out there as a free agent that might be able to do to better i.e. coppell / curbs?

all depends of course if they actually WANT the job

I also wouldn't mind the manager's role. Currently between jobs so I can take charge pretty much right away. Think I will email SL.

You can apply like anyone else can but you must put it in writing. You will get an official BCFC reply back on headed papaer saying on this occasion you have not been successful. Good souvenior though!

He would be a stunning appointment for this club. Knows exactly how to run a club of similar size, and has great contacts. Too many people on here already caning him because all they see is what he did with Scotland....Jose Mourinho would struggle to do much with scotland. Burley almost got Ipswich in the Champions league and almost won the SPL with Hearts...similar sized clubs. He was my realistic want at the start, and he would be a fantastic appointment. <BR><BR>Worth noting the calibre of applicants to this club, and Johnson has to be thanked for that

But I think the Chairman will know who he wants

I'd be surprised if he did. He might know their track records, but I'm guessing he doesn't know many of them personally and whether he'd be happy working with them for the next 5 years.

Until he's sat down with them and had a good long chat about their ambition etc, I doubt he really knows who is top of his list.

Other than failing with a Scotland side who - let's face it - have shit players, what do people have against Burley?

He was good everywhere else as far as I recall...?

But his time as Scotland manager was a joke. Players left right and centre falling out with him and refusing to play under him. No thank you.

But his time as Scotland manager was a joke. Players left right and centre falling out with him and refusing to play under him. No thank you.

I must have missed that? I thought he just didn't select Boyd who wasn't really playing much at the time and got the hump?

Yeah but what do you expect, they're Scots!!! A scotsman could easily have a heated row in an empty room, they are always moaning about nothing and getting their kilts in a twist.

Other than failing with a Scotland side who - let's face it - have shit players, what do people have against Burley?

He was good everywhere else as far as I recall...?

I agree with Nibor. The management stats show around 47.6% games won which is significantly better than O Driscoll; Jewell; Curbishley and Coppell who's stats range between 37.8 and 39%.

I haven't run data this through excel or minitab so it is based on a rule of thumb approach.

The gauntlet is thrown down should any one wish to crunch the numbers further. I assume that our board will adopt such an approach when making their selection.

Archived