IGNORED

Suprisingly Feeling Rather Sad

Mrdc

Well i was in denial right up until it became official but as the man said himself it was time.sad.gif Must point out how dignified and honest the whole ending was and rasies my opinion of the man even more. Good luck to you Gary.

Spot on, not often you see chairman & departing manager sat like that doing a press conference.

I'm pleased its ended like this, rather than in a potentially toxic atmosphere of protests and personal abuse that looked on the cards if the poor run had gone on any longer.

To be honest I would hope that all City fans, whatever their views on whether GJ had to go, would feel a little bit sad about what has happened today. Unarguably our best manager for the past 20 years, and maybe the best since Alan Dicks, who got us promoted and to Wembley- whatever the ins and outs of how it went wrong he gave us more than enough good times to be remembered fondly. Now we all need to back SL to make the right appointment for this club, and put all our support behind the team and new manager- whoever it might be.

I'm consoling myself with the fact that Johnson left early enough in the problems that he can go on to be a cult figure remembered for all the right reasons and not remembered among fans in as divisive a way as he's been treated recently while employed here. Or in other words people will be entitled to give a good account of his time with us without still having to argue with the usual detractors, there should be no shame now in remembering his achievements.

Going this early means that anyone who looks back at his tenure and still dwells on the past six months (don't get me started on this emperors new clothes story everyone's jumped on in recent weeks to insist we've been crap for 2 years) really is sad, short sighted and not worth the time of day.

We've lost a great man today. GJ was such a funny, friendly, likeable manager. Managers like him are rare, he will definitely be missed.

I really did think he would stay until the summer, then everything could be reviewed and positions considered.

I feel like I should don a black armband.

To me it's like splitting up with a bird you have been seeing for a long time but the relationship has lost it's magic.

Sure it was great and exciting at the start - we had some good times (promotion / wembley etc) but of late it was getting to the point when I wasn't looking forward to seeing her on the weekends as everything had got the same - lack of excitement, too predictable, stuck in a rut and you just know she will always be wearing her washed out grey pants - big ones at that!

Thanks for the good times Mr J and good luck.

i was firmly in the gj out camp but still feel sorry for him now he has gone.

funny how opinions change, i remember how excited i was when we offered him a 5 year deal. the there was this season.....

i hope the club can progress now.

All the best gary, thanks for the good times.

Haven't felt this bad since the sacking of Terry Cooper, can't believe SL has caved in to the Robbored's of this world.

I wish Gary Johnson all the best for the future, I'm sure he'll be sucessful wherever he ends up.

Hear hear.

Haven't felt this bad since the sacking of Terry Cooper, can't believe SL has caved in to the Robbored's of this world.

I wish Gary Johnson all the best for the future, I'm sure he'll be sucessful wherever he ends up.

You can rest easy in knowing that Gary Johnsons departure had nothing at all to with this forum. You are mistaken if you think SL takes any notice of us lot.

That said I too wish Gary Johnson all the best wherever he goes.

I've just come home from work and watched the interviews and read the stories. I'm left feeling genuinely sad by today's events. GJ was a great servant and honest manager. I thought we were lucky to get him when he came and it proved to be the perfect signing.

I want to say to those people on here who attacked him with such vitriol, I hope you feel ashamed of yourselves. I don't believe that this forum played a part in the decision (after all if you don't type the letters 'O' 'T' 'I' 'B' into the address bar we don't exist), but it was a sad reflection that some felt the need to attack a decent man who put his heart into the club (the interview shows that).

As we look to the future, I sadly fear we can only go backwards before we go forwards. How often do teams get to have two successful managers in a row? I only hope backwards in our case isn't League One.

I want to say thank you to GJ for providing me with some fine memories and making me proud of my club again. I hope you find a deserving club, for whom you can provide equally great times and memories.

Cheers.

Before today I was completely 100% convinced that GJ had to go.

However, now in the cold light of day I am feeling just a tiny bit sad and sorry him. He has been our most successful manager for many years and he is leaving the club is 10 times better shape than we first arrived.

I guess time will tell if him leaving now is a good thing or a bad thing.

Gary, if your reading this thanks for the good times.

I am going to be a 2 faced supporter here.

Having heard a few things that happened in the dressing room on Tuesday night, I have no doubt that he had to go.

You can rest easy in knowing that Gary Johnsons departure had nothing at all to with this forum. You are mistaken if you think SL takes any notice of us lot.

That said I too wish Gary Johnson all the best wherever he goes.

Negativity pervading the club was the reason, repeated ad nauseum at the press conference. Not saying it was only you though.

you give a tiny minority more credit than they deserve. the grade A moaners didn't do this, GJ's inability to galvanise the team this season (and last part of last season) did it. SL knows that he cannot, absolutely cannot afford a major dip in income through lost support and sponsorship.

and lets face it the gates have been sliding.

older fans who have seen managers come and go recognise it always follows a pattern, (Fergie at MU is an exception.) GJ reached that point of no return, he'd played all his motivational cards, he tried his bully cards, he tried his multiple signings cards, he used up his 'us against the world' scenario and still we kept sliding.

(and any manager who pays attention to forums like this is on a hiding to nothing!!!)

no choice.

Bye gary, good luck and all that.

But lets get on with the next phase of BCFC.

Come on Guys, he was in a job he loved. He was paid shed loads of cash.

How many of us could say the same. It was time to move forward and he was unable to do that.

In life people get the sack, he was allowed to resign.

Whilst receiving cash to the end of the season.

A couple of million people on the dole would jump at that.

He got us promotion GREAT, was unable to progress.

Thats Lifeviolin.gif

Absolutely same as me mate.

Dont get me wrong, I feel the change was needed, but I feel sad.

Watching his last interview, seeing him get choked up, made me feel the same. Sad sad day. But what a nice way to part company, with interviews etc etc. Thanks Gary.

Feel exactly the same fella, seeing the guy getting choked up was surprising and City obviously meant a lot to him.

If Yessir is watching send Gary the best for the future please!

it is a good job we are not all judged by our results over the last 3 months or most of us would be out of a job.

Longest serving manager in the CCC with a win to games ratio of 44.74%.

Second longest Dave Jones win to games 40.16%.

Third Sean O"Driscoll 40.23% now being touted as a candidate.

And just for the record Gareth Southgate has a 29.3% win ratio albeit a lot of games in the premier, but as you say its a results business.

Moral of the story being - you never know what you had until its gone.

Here here. What a rubbish day.

Im not suprised people feel sad, all the personal abuse on here was awful, maybe it's hit home to some today watching the interviews with a teary eyed Johnson that he's a real man with real feelings and a real passion for our football club.

Maybe for a few it's more of a gult thing than sadness.....

Thanks for the memories Gary.

Archived