IGNORED

Fans Protest

red army

I've only been a member on this forum for a day or so, and i've got to say...(please don't take this the wrong way) nobody seems to know much about football!

I will be amazed if we don't go down before May. If by some miracle we stay up this season without Johnson, next season will be horrific for us supporters and WE WILL GO DOWN. Then Johnson will be reapponited.

So...do you want Johnson reapointed now to stay in the championship....

or do you want to wait til summer 2011 for Johnson to be reappointed?

Are you for real?

Shouldn't your name begin with a G and not R!

You're most deffinately on a windup now doubt.

Are you and they off their trolly? Why on earth would anybody organise a protest before a huge game, 2 days after the manager has left.

For god sake get behind the team or stay away for the sake of the club.

After 35yrs of supporting this club that is what i have been considering to do especialy if 'Curb the Turd' arrives as manager.

The only reason i'm going tomorrow is cuss i wanna see Necastle United & i have paid £38 for my 12yr old step-son & i to go 3 months ago. I'll be entering the ground with a heavy heart & thinking this will be my last time for years to come.

Sad but it's the way i feel sorry.

I'm hearing a lot of talk about a fans protest for saturday.

Why? I can't believe anyone would be happy to sit through the same old rubbish served up for the last 18 months.

Gary Johnson did a great job and i think he never should of went.

Yes he did a great job in taking us up, and getting us to the play off final. But since those heady days we have regressed, and seem to be unable to compete with even the most mediocre of Championship sides. Time doesn't stand still. If it did, Alan Dicks would still be in charge, and Winston Churchill would be running the country.

Gary Johnson seemed to stagnate, and appeared to be unable to right his wrongs.

I agree with any protest.Bring gary back.

Fine. That is your choice. However, before you protest with your friend, remember that Mr Johnson has admitted that it was time for change.

I'm also hearing one of the favorites to ge the job is Maclaren, please no stay where you are mate, we dont want you and your umbrellas here.

I know it may be the Dutch league, but didn't Steve McClaren guide his side to second, thus qualifying for the Champions league? Above Ajax? Above PSV? Not bad in my books. Wasn't Steve McClaren in charge of the "Mighty" Middlesbrough when he took them to the UEFA Cup final?

Oh, and didn't we have a Brolly in the promotion squad of 75-76?

I've heared a few city fan so angry about things that there saying there not renewing there ST.

Maybe true, but had Mr Johnson stayed I believe many, many more wouldn't have renewed. To the angry few I say their sacrifice is for the greater good of Bristol City.

It will be interesting times ahead. I hope it dont mean relegation.

Agreed; Interesting times are ahead. My only worry is that the parting of Bristol City and Mr Johnson may have come 6-8 weeks too late, and I'm afraid that if relegation is the outcome, the responsibility will rest at the feet of Mr Johnson.

See you soon gary as manager of another championship side.

No doubt we will, and he will surely get a rousing reception from us grateful supporters. It will be a shame that the few who sacrificed their tickets wont be able to show their appreciation, unless of course they pay on the day.

Now before you persecute me for being "Anti Johnson" please note I am not. Nothing would have pleased me more than for him to turn it around and get us playing the right way. It is not about promotion. The Championship is good enough for me. It's about competing. It's about entertaining. £400+ is a big lay out in this day and age, and with the football/entertainment served up in the last two seasons; How can anyone justify paying it?

Enjoy your demonstration tomorrow. Sorry I wont be there. I will be enjoying my pre match drink in BS3 with renewed optimism.

The King is dead............LONG LIVE BRISTOL CITY FC

After 35yrs of supporting this club that is what i have been considering to do especialy if 'Curb the Turd' arrives as manager.

The only reason i'm going tomorrow is cuss i wanna see Necastle United & i have paid £38 for my 12yr old step-son & i to go 3 months ago. I'll be entering the ground with a heavy heart & thinking this will be my last time for years to come.

Sad but it's the way i feel sorry.

must have dodgy tickets then because they wasn't on sale 3 months ago !

must have dodgy tickets then because they wasn't on sale 3 months ago !

Well the Bristol city ticket office phoned me one evening & asked if i wanted to reserve seats for the Newcastle United match. As i have a Members card. So NOOOO they are NOT dodgy.

• Admin

Woke up this morning dreary outside the thought of the league leaders visiting us today, all looking bleak !

But then I read this post and have to admit I've not laughed at so much rubbish in ages !

Why in gods name would ANYBODY want to stage a protest to get a manager reinstated, at least one of the posters above has clearly not taken their medication lately and for a poster to question what people know about football and then some of their repsonses absolute class !

Suddenly the sun is shining again !

Woke up this morning dreary outside the thought of the league leaders visiting us today, all looking bleak !

But then I read this post and have to admit I've not laughed at so much rubbish in ages !

Why in gods name would ANYBODY want to stage a protest to get a manager reinstated, at least one of the posters above has clearly not taken their medication lately and for a poster to question what people know about football and then some of their repsonses absolute class !

Suddenly the sun is shining again !

Good stuff eh phants, Mr Johnson (he's well sought after you know) will be out this weekend picking out his new merc and a few fools on here are having emotional breakdowns,what a scream.

Archived