IGNORED

Marvin Elliot

Ryan 7

Totally agree, marv looked back at his best and did a great job on keeping Nolan quite, im quite excited about seeing a elliott and hartley partnership in the centre for the rest of the season even though i have to say Skuse has been my player of the season so far but i feel we have to playy our best players and Hartley and Elliott are these!

Hartley and Elliot, wow, what a pair, superb displays along with Carey my 3 joint man of the match, scrap that the team and manager and us, were all man of the match.

Looking forward to seeing the BBC editors do us proud tonight!!!!!!

yeah right disapointed2se.gif im sure they'll just be obsessing at how well newcastle played to claw back a point

When Gutierrez (sp?) did a bit of skill and dribbled past about 3 players the whole Geordie filled bar I was in were laughing and cheering...then in comes Marv with a tackle from behind, winning the ball and off we go and attack. Up I jump singing. I'm suprised I didn't get beaten up tonight.

The one thing i noticed with Marv yesterday, was the amount of headers he won from goalkicks. Positioned just behind the front two. He flicked many headers on, that found there man.

It became apparant it wasn't a fluke but a well thought out game plan.

Playing a Midfielder in the position works, as it enables the ball to be flicked on to two forwards, rather than the usual one player. We have often used a tall forward (iwelumo) to do this, but it never worked, because there was often 3 defenders covering the other forward.

Yesterdays 'Trident' worked very well.

Nicky really does have to work on his strength though. Too many times yesterday, when winning the ball or in possession, he was easily shrugged off the ball. If he can develop that, then he would be a great striker and not just a great goalscorer.

All imho of course....

Archived