IGNORED

Lansdown In Observer Sport

Economou

February: Bristol City chairman Steve Lansdown tells fans calling for Gary Johnson to be sacked to back down.

'Nothing has changed. The manager has not suddenly become a poor manager...we must stick together. The watchword has to be stability.

We have a long-term plan: there will be no knee-jerk reactions here'

March: Sacks him

Ouch !

February: Bristol City chairman Steve Lansdown tells fans calling for Gary Johnson to be sacked to back down.

'Nothing has changed. The manager has not suddenly become a poor manager...we must stick together. The watchword has to be stability.

We have a long-term plan: there will be no knee-jerk reactions here'

March: Sacks him

Ouch !

I believe GJ would still be here, if he hadn't lost the dressing room with the alledged punch ups and players threatening to tear up contracts. I don't believe in anyway, that GJ left because of 'football' related matters, as was suggested by our Chairman. A smoke screen for sure, to stop anymore negative press about the Club.

Bristol City as a business have to much to lose financially, especially with the hope of Ashton Vale being used as a World Cup venue.

Imo, our Chairman would not want to risk sacking GJ for misconduct, for want of bringing the Club into more disrepute.

We've had enough of that in the last couple of seasons.

Without those alledged punch ups and player unrest, regardless of results, i believe GJ would still be here. All imho of course.

I believe GJ would still be here, if he hadn't lost the dressing room with the alledged punch ups and players threatening to tear up contracts. I don't believe in anyway, that GJ left because of 'football' related matters, as was suggested by our Chairman. A smoke screen for sure, to stop anymore negative press about the Club.

Bristol City as a business have to much to lose financially, especially with the hope of Ashton Vale being used as a World Cup venue.

Imo, our Chairman would not want to risk sacking GJ for misconduct, for want of bringing the Club into more disrepute.

We've had enough of that in the last couple of seasons.

Without those alledged punch ups and player unrest, regardless of results, i believe GJ would still be here. All imho of course.

Nah - you missed out robbored!! :tumbleweed:

Why is it that everyone seems to think Johnson was sacked. He wasn't sacked, he left by mutual consent. He did the honourable thing in my opinion and fell on his own sword.

I understood it, that he was asked to resign or risk being sacked for misconduct?

You may be right chaps, but there's no evidence for how things ACTUALLY panned out.

Whilst SL says they mutually agreed, that's what I'll go with.

Exactly right.

But the bottom line is that it doesn't matter now. Its all history and its time to look foward, firstly getting another 6 points and then awaiting the new managers appointment with interest.

Exactly right.

But the bottom line is that it doesn't matter now. Its all history and its time to look foward, firstly getting another 6 points and then awaiting the new managers appointment with interest.

Definately.

Given it matters not one jot what fans think (specifically with regard to how he left) we might as well remember GJ leaving with the heartfelt press conference, the warm and generous words about the club etc.

Can't see what can be achieved by doing anything else, other than filling the forum with more 'negativity'.

Archived