IGNORED

Royston Hayward

REDOXO

Many thanks for all the kind comments from you my fellow fans. It is a great comfort to me that my post brought back so many memories and not of just the games but the passion, partnership and family ties and values behind them.

As you can imagine today has been busy and difficult at times but reading these replies has really made me proud of my team and my dad.

Anyway I've got a match to drive to and my mum and Mrs. Redoxo want to come....see you there

Cmon You Reds

it's our dads in most cases that make us what we are on this forum, Bristol City fans forever.

Very moving... A very Classy tribute to your father.

My father is roughly the same age, and i am dreading the day.

I took going to the City with my father for granted. But since moving up North, and not being able to go to every home game together, it has really brought home how much i miss him and his company watching the Reds together.

I Treasure every game together now.

R I P

Moving tribute. RIP to your dad. Seems you were brought up right proper.

I joined the roller-coaster myself in the mid 60's so share memories of the highs and lows. Unfortunately, my dad was of the egg chasing variety so didn't share the passion!

An amazing and emotion tribute there, im sure he would be very proud.

I love the way football makes bonds and also how you can talk to others about many things.

Bristol City is definatly a family, players, fans and staff included.

RIP Royston Hayward

Hi Redoxo

Very sorry to hear about your dad, sounded like a good ol' Bristol boy. I hope the win tonight went some small way toward easing the pain. I expect you could feel him near, cheering them on.

You won't recognise the name but I was the guy that gave you his ST for a match a few years ago. I don't write on here (as you can tell by my count!) but saw your post and wanted to respond.

Time heals but the memories always remain.

Stay strong.

TONIGHT was for Royston Hayward and all our Dads and relatives who are sadly no longer with us but have brought us up to be part of the BCFC family.

Let us thank them all and just hope that tonight they were somewhere up "there" and cheering like the rest of us.

THANKS LADS and THANKS REDOXO for such a fitting tribute that also acted as a reminder to all of us at this time of lost loved ones who once graced the Ashton terraces.

NEVER WALK ALONE

Archived