IGNORED

Gj Must Be Scratching His Head...

spudski

After the Newcastle performance and tonights, it's obvious that the players are playing with a Freedom and belief in their own ability.

Ok, our defence is still crap, but at least the shackles are off...long may it continue dancing2.gif

Great manager did a great job, took us as far as he could, onward and upward.....Hartley ..wow..natural leader and top bloke...come on you reds...

After the Newcastle performance and tonights, it's obvious that the players are playing with a Freedom and belief in their own ability.

Ok, our defence is still crap, but at least the shackles are off...long may it continue :dancing2:

I think you will find that upon going 3-2 up we would have seen a defender and holding midfielder come on to protect what we had, and therefore get a 3-3 draw.

No doubt you have noticed my many :innocent06: polls,posts on the subject, I really believed he had lost his way and it was time for him and us to move on; FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB.

Too many poor loan signings and his continual ignorance of players already here i.m.o.; buts it is a new chapter and I have no wish to go over old ground so onward and upward,( back into the top half I see. ):yahoo::city:

JOHNSON is a pig headed little bloke, he pissed the players and all the fans off with his constant boring football and silly comments.

Millen has given Ribiero is chance, I would of played Ribiero and Akinde ages ago, does that make me the man for the job,

This team is showing grit and determination to prove johnson was wrong, he demotivated all of us and the team with his constant changing of tactics, half time dragging players off and going defensive as soon as we scored,

We need 2 more wins to be safe, its then time to get the manager in,

All due respect to MILLEN but I could have got that team motivated and picked Ribiero, the fact JOHNSON HAS GONE has put the spark back in the club, these guys are determined to prove a piont.

I would pick the best team and stick with it stopped changing it, make the lads on the bench fight for a place,

******* SQUAD ROTATION (Johnsons excuse to put his son in and drop hartley)

Thanks Mr Johnson, but TA TA...............

JOHNSON is a pig headed little bloke, he pissed the players and all the fans off with his constant boring football and silly comments.

Millen has given Ribiero is chance, I would of played Ribiero and Akinde ages ago, does that make me the man for the job,

This team is showing grit and determination to prove johnson was wrong, he demotivated all of us and the team with his constant changing of tactics, half time dragging players off and going defensive as soon as we scored,

All due respect to MILLEN but I could have got that team motivated and picked Ribiero, the fact JOHNSON HAS GONE has put the spark back in the club, these guys are determined to prove a piont.

I would pick the best team and stick with it stopped changing it, make the lads on the bench fight for a place,

I would suggest that GJ would have had no other option than to play Riberio to due to the injuries, so to say he is only playing Johnson has gone is wide of the mark.

More than a little harsh, although the change in attitude and application is there for all to see. I thought the way Hartley reacted after clearing off the line on Saturday was perhaps the most telling; there was a passion and fire that has not been seen in our squad in a long while. And scoring 7 goals in 2 games is also something unheard of under the previous regime. In fact, did we ever score 7 goals in 2 consecutive league games under Johnson?!

As for the comment on the use of Prozone, i always got the impression it was Millen who was into the computer analysis. Didn't Johnson once say that he doesn't even know how to turn a computer on?!

I would suggest that GJ would have had no other option than to play Riberio to due to the injuries, so to say he is only playing Johnson has gone is wide of the mark.

I'm not so sure. We've been without McAllister, Nyatanga or Fontaine before this season and Ribs never got a look in. I think Johnson would have played with 4 at the back instead of 5 to avoid playing him.

I disagree Pete. I am sure that Skuse would have been put at the back, as has happened so many times before, and a certain short bloke put into midfield.

We'll never know for sure but history suggests it would have been a big surprise if Johnson would have picked Ribeiro v Newcastle. Even with injuries we could have played a back four of Orr, Carey, Nyatanga and McAllister. It's early days but I think Millen deserves a lot of credit for sticking to a formation in both matches. With Nyatanga's late injury he could easily have decided to change the formation. It was a brave and very positive move to play JCR as a wing back and it allowed for less disruption to the midfield. It may not work all the time but it certainly contributed to a much needed 3 points last night.

Nice thought but absolutely not true.

Ribs was always bigged up by the club when questioned by the media but there was never any intention for him to play.

Indeed he was not just behind Brad but was actualy behind 16/17 players which tended to grow as addional loanees were brought into the club. Even when he made the bench as the only defender and a defender was injured the team was re shuffled and one of the guys further up the pecking order was brought on. This was the case and Ribs could see it. Which is why is was so desperate to go back out on loan.

Now of course Milley and the club are using a different approach to team selection and we can all make our own minds on what a difference that is making.

You are wrong Terjon. Johnson gave Ribiero his chance a couple of years ago against Peterborough. It is hardly GJ's fault that Ribs suffered a serious injury that kept him out for ages.

Had it not been for the injury Ribiero may well have performed as he has done these last 2 games and become a fixture in the team and GJ would have been lauded for giving a youngster his chance. As it is circumstances conspired against that but we now we have yet another stick for fans to beat GJ over the head with.

Over the last year or so, GJ did lose his self confidence , made increasingly baffling decisions and ultimately the results did for him. He's gone now, and it does no one any favours to keep sticking the knive in deeper and deeper.

P.S. Were you chanting "Johnson is a pig headed little bloke. He pissed off the players and the fans with his constant boring football and silly comments" from the stands of Wembley Stadium a couple of years ago?

You are wrong Terjon. Johnson gave Ribiero his chance a couple of years ago against Peterborough. It is hardly GJ's fault that Ribs suffered a serious injury that kept him out for ages.

Had it not been for the injury Ribiero may well have performed as he has done these last 2 games and become a fixture in the team and GJ would have been lauded for giving a youngster his chance. As it is circumstances conspired against that but we now we have yet another stick for fans to beat GJ over the head with.

Over the last year or so, GJ did lose his self confidence , made increasingly baffling decisions and ultimately the results did for him. He's gone now, and it does no one any favours to keep sticking the knive in deeper and deeper.

P.S. Were you chanting "Johnson is a pig headed little bloke. He pissed off the players and the fans with his constant boring football and silly comments" from the stands of Wembley Stadium a couple of years ago?

You may also remember that Ribs played in the League Cup game at home to Carlisle in September. He had a nightmare that night, as did pretty much everyone else, and never got another chance until now.

PS: I was at wembley saying what a **** he was for not signing a prem striker when we were top in the Jan window, I believe Johnson made lots of awful choices,

If you cant see the difference in the body language of the players last night then you are wrong my friend,

JOHNSON glad he's gone in my book.

Quite happy for you to read all my posts over the past 18months, NEVER trusted or listened to the drival that little man spoke, Kidology is not my bag. got slagged down many a time on here for not believing in johnson,

Johnson would never have played Ribs. He would rather play Skuse at the back and bring in Sno. He had many chances to play Ribs in the past and never ever did. Fair play to Millen . The lad is doing good

I'm not so sure about that Pete, I think we would have seen Skuse in the back 4/5 before Ribiero.

Will be interesting to see what GJ does at his next club with their young players.

BCAGFC

Archived