IGNORED

Tony Mowbray?

bcfcbs20

The season Celtic have had, especially last nights 4-0 drubbing by St Mirren

must put Mowbrays position in great doubt. the Celtic hoardes will not

put up with results like they have had for long. Could be a potential late

runner for the job at AG.

Assuming he leaves Celtic in the next week (which he probably will) he has to be on the shortlist. Did a very good job at this level with West Brom, who won a lot of games and played great football.

He has had a shocker at Celtic but who doesn't have a bad job on their CV? He would never be available to us in other circumstances - has to be worth a conversation with if he is on the market next week.

Assuming he leaves Celtic in the next week (which he probably will) he has to be on the shortlist. Did a very good job at this level with West Brom, who won a lot of games and played great football.

He has had a shocker at Celtic but who doesn't have a bad job on their CV? He would never be available to us in other circumstances - has to be worth a conversation with if he is on the market next week.

I agree, he will be out of the door soon and is worth a punt.

The problem is, looking at WBA in the Premier League there are two major issues;

One, his teams are not necessarily clinical- plenty of games they had where they created plenty of chances but ended up losing narrowly.

Two- well the defence, not good at all. Even when they went up two years ago, their defensive record was not too hot and that will always get found out in the Premier League.

the writing was on the wall after last night's result imo i think he would be a good manager for us he had west brom playing some good atacking football in the championship but would this be too soon for him only time will tell i suppose

the writing was on the wall after last night's result imo i think he would be a good manager for us he had west brom playing some good atacking football in the championship but would this be too soon for him only time will tell i suppose

I agree. I think he would be great for us in the Championship next season. I'd be happy for Millen to keep the team going until the season end with Mowbray taking over in the summer. Like a previous poster mentioned, finishing 2nd in the SPL is usually gonna put you in danger of upsetting the fans and board.

With what he has achieved at West Brom at our level, I would most welcome it....

To add to my earlier post, now that he has been sacked, why would we want another fallen swan?

We've had 'cast offs' before ( Danny Wilson took Barnsley places before burning out) why would we want to do that again, given it didnt do us any good in the long run.

Tony Mowbray would need a break from footy before getting another job and considering the brouhaha surrounding this exit he would do well to go somewhere abroad and build his rep there.

but celtic are in financial melt down and having to sell your better players and not be able to replace them with like for like quality was always going to make the celtic job a thankless task

To add to my earlier post, now that he has been sacked, why would we want another fallen swan?

We've had 'cast offs' before ( Danny Wilson took Barnsley places before burning out) why would we want to do that again, given it didnt do us any good in the long run.

Tony Mowbray would need a break from footy before getting another job and considering the brouhaha surrounding this exit he would do well to go somewhere abroad and build his rep there.

As I previously said, finishing 2nd in the SPL is simply not good enough, for fans and board members alike, as well as possibly the biggest footballing rivalry in the world between Celtic and Rangers...

Yes, I have heard that his brand of football isn't working up there, but we have seen that it does (And bloody well) in the Championship.. I think a summer appointment for Mowbray would be great, but then so would a coppell as well.

No No No!

I wouldnt like to see Tony Mowbray here. I dont have any particular reason, I just dont like the guy very much. For me, a City manager needs to have a good personality - and whenever I have seen him interviewed he seems quite dull and not very passionate.

Plus, when West Brom played City at Ashton Gate a couple of seasons ago, I remember sitting just behind the dug out and there were a couple of City fans berating Mowbray for wearing brown shoes with black trousers which was hilarious and I will always remember that!

Look at it this way; his predecessor is currently at Middlesbrough so if we were to get Mowbray in we'd technically have a worse manager than Boro..... kind of

I think this will be a big blow to Mowbray and he might need some time away from the game. When there are a number of other managers out there who're seemingly interested with similar/better records, i don't see the need to take a risk on this being a minor blot on his record

No No No!

I wouldnt like to see Tony Mowbray here. I dont have any particular reason, I just dont like the guy very much. For me, a City manager needs to have a good personality - and whenever I have seen him interviewed he seems quite dull and not very passionate.

Absolutely. Look at the man. Moreover, listen to the man, he's like a wet weekend and comes across more as a binman than a football manager (no offence, binmen). How can he motivate players? He got away with it at West Brom because they had one of the best squads in the league and his stock was rising so they believed in him, now his stock is shot. Please God no! :no:

No No No!

Plus, when West Brom played City at Ashton Gate a couple of seasons ago, I remember sitting just behind the dug out and there were a couple of City fans berating Mowbray for wearing brown shoes with black trousers which was hilarious and I will always remember that!

I take it you don't want SOD then ? No charisma whatsoever, at least in front of the camera.

Dont think Lansdown would have been waiting for him as if they won last night he wouldnt have been sacked so he couldnt have predicted he would be available but now hes free maybe another name to be added to the ever growing list.

I take it you don't want SOD then ? No charisma whatsoever, at least in front of the camera.

I have heard him talk in front of camera, and while he doesnt have a major presence he is watchable and talks sense. Where as Mowbray has a very annoying voice and talks absolute rubbish.

For the record, Im not fussed with SO'D - I wouldnt be upset if we got him but I wont be devestated if we go for someone else.

Archived